A little update for you

Creech

You know how some days you just get soooooo excited about new stuff, and you run to tell your friends, and along the way maybe a little mistake slips through? Yeah, that happened to me. So basically I misinterpreted what one person said and then charged forward all happy to tell you guys, but I was kinda wrong. The issue is the micro guide awards and what they get awarded for. Specifically I said:

In addition we added 6 new awards for what we think of as micro games. Micro games are the - typically free - games that are available that have fewer than 200 gamerscore available. Many of the free games available for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Kinect Labs fall into this category. For these games, the guides and road maps are typically so small that we decided to create this special group of awards just to track them.

This statement is correct, but not 100% accurate. The micro guides were also intended to be earned from guides and road maps for DLC, and considering how many games there are with DLC I am guessing this will soon become one of the more common awards to see on someones profile. So hey, my apologies, and I will try not to let it happen again. Emphasis on "try". :p

My guess is that the guide team is WAY to busy to do anything much in the way of retroactive changes of awards based on DLC guides already submitted, but I am sure they will let all of us know if they get bored and decide to do so. In addition, there are occasional instances where DLC is so huge and complex that the guide for it approaches or exceeds that of a normal game, and the guide team may at their discretion award credit for a full guide in those instances.

As long as I have your attention (and since this is my 5,000th post:woop:) I would like to point you toward the little competition going on between many of the subscribers and staff members. The discussion thread is here and the scoring thread is here. I keep updating my signature (although I ran out of time yesterday, sorry guys!) with the top five scores, but the competition hasn't even been going for two weeks yet and the top five competitors have completed almost 150 games. All competitors combined are over 200 games completed, which is far in excess of what I thought was going to be possible in the entire month! Feel free to go give them some love, because they are earning it!

Finally, in the Representers forum this thread is talking about redefining the criteria to be an official x360a Representer. Input from all is welcome, so if you have missed it, please chime in.

Enough from me for now. Off to create post 5,001 somewhere!

Cheers!

I thought DLC would be included in the micro guides award for some reason. I suppose DLC for games like Skyrim and Fallout will cause a bit of discussion regarding if it's a micro or a full.

Wow over 200 completions in about 13 days didn't think it was that much.

haha, how could you not know theres that many. half of em' are yours:p

also, i hope that all DLC is micro guide, then, given that i have 1 guide for skyrim: dragonborn, which could be argued is bigger than the average DLC, but my other 2 are only for smaller DLC's, so if dragonborn is a normal size one and my other 2 are micro guides, then i wont have either of the guide awards. dont want that happening:p

So will there now be a "Award Tracking: Micro G & R" forum too?.

also, i hope that all DLC is micro guide, then, given that i have 1 guide for skyrim: dragonborn, which could be argued is bigger than the average DLC, but my other 2 are only for smaller DLC's, so if dragonborn is a normal size one and my other 2 are micro guides, then i wont have either of the guide awards. dont want that happening:p

@Grifter: No there won't be a new forum, it will be implemented within the Current G&R Tracking.

@Scotty: We have you counted for writing at least 7 published guides so far :)

I can't see you ending up without at least a bronze. We are in discussion about this so I will get back to you .

Big thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding while we consistently refine this new system.

Cheers! ;)

@Scotty: We have you counted for writing at least 7 published guides so far :)

I can't see you ending up without at least a bronze. We are in discussion about this so I will get back to you .

nice, good to know then:) so i assume then that roadmaps for DLC is added to micro count, instead of the 'roadmap' count.

So, long ago I wrote a roadmap that covered the game and all of it's dlc which totals 3 dlc packs. The game was Burnout Paradise. So how many times would something like that count towards the roadmap award now and how many times towards micro awards (noting that someone completely different did the guide)? Differentiating between all these different sizes just seems a little complex...

Sounds good, are we patiently waiting, or should we be posting updates in the Guides & Awards forums for these awards?

So, long ago I wrote a roadmap that covered the game and all of it's dlc which totals 3 dlc packs. The game was Burnout Paradise. So how many times would something like that count towards the roadmap award now and how many times towards micro awards (noting that someone completely different did the guide)? Differentiating between all these different sizes just seems a little complex...

So I don't know that we are planning on going back and retroactively changing things. It may happen, but if it does I doubt it would be immediately. The micro awards are for DLC going forward, and then games that are less than 200 GS since those are easy to flip in our records as there are so few of them.

However, let's give the guide team a bit to shake things out and then I am sure we will get more details out to everyone.

nice, good to know then:) so i assume then that roadmaps for DLC is added to micro count, instead of the 'roadmap' count.

Yes, any guide or roadmap for DLC counts as micro. The only time it will be awarded under Roadmap is in the rare instance that the DLC is massive and we think that it should count as a full Roadmap.

Also, congratulations on the 5,000 posts Creech! :)

Looking good. However for the award tracking stuff, not everything is published to the home page and it's not being tracked via tracking forums. How can we make sure we have the right numbers for our name? I thinking namely colored tiles and avatar awards.

The tracking may not be up to date with previously published G&R's/Tiles/Avatar Awardables before the the Guides & Awards forum went live. If you have info we don't please use the various Update request Threads. Don't use these to ask for updates of guides you've recently submitted and had published. They will be updated within a week or two since publication.

On my iPad right now, will provide links to these threads later. :)

The tracking may not be up to date with previously published G&R's/Tiles/Avatar Awardables before the the Guides & Awards forum went live. If you have info we don't please use the various Update request Threads. Don't use these to ask for updates of guides you've recently submitted and had published. They will be updated within a week or two since publication.

On my iPad right now, will provide links to these threads later. :)

Well I have requested updates and listed the names of the stuff after the awards went live. They just don't seem to be updated. For me or anyone else. I'm just asking out of curiosity. It just seems that the most efficient way would be for the one to add the guide or tile to update it for the users name. I'm not trying to seem rude so I hope you guys don't take it like that.

It appears you threw out too much information and this has (so far) been overlooked:

Finally, in the Representers forum this thread is talking about redefining the criteria to be an official x360a Representer. Input from all is welcome, so if you have missed it, please chime in!

The quicker we get feedback, the quicker we can make changes to get approved! :woop:

It's great to see these frequent updates from the staff... especially you, Creech. It's nice to know what's going on and what's new, something I think we sorely lacked in the past (both new things and updates about those new things when we did get them). Keep up the great work!

Also, congrats on the 5,000 posts. You got the 2,500 post award just in time to change it :p