Unobtainable Grimoire?

Quid Squid

I've heard that since 2.0 there's a number of unobtainable Grimoire cards. Just curious which ones are included in this.

Only ones I know of are the Queen bounty ones where the Wolves are now gone.

Also, if you did not finish any of the DLC missions, are there any ways to finish these? Will they return? Or did TTK make these obsolete? I was on one where I needed to turn an urn into Xur. Was waiting to turn it into him but he was gone and then the patch hit and the bounty disappeared last week.

I don't recall if Eris Morn had any grimore cards in her bounties.

The urn, did you do it at least once on any character?

It gives you an obsolete gaunlet , low level. And the urn quest was a long drag, at least the 2nd and third time I started it. I did finally complete it on my Titan , 2nd one. Just to get rid of it.

Perhaps Eris new bounties will have the same or similar grimore cards if there are any. Actually she will have quests now.

I did manage to complete the Wanted fallen bounties , I read/heard that Bungie gave them to anyone who missed them. That is an easy fix.

Most of the prior DLC missions should be available via the solar system map, and they added many of them to the abandon quests iPad terminal.

Edited by ecto69

Will have to check the incomplete quests to see which ones it lists for me. Thanks for the tip. Haven't seen quests from Eris yet (probably have to have her at a higher level, which I'm not sure how I can do without her giving bounties).

I did several steps of the Urn. I'm not sure which step I was on though, I had to kill someone during a public event and return the Urn to Xur. Were there any missions past this one?

According to Destinytracker.com I am missing: WANTED: Peekis, the Disavowed

Either it hasn't been updated or I didn't receive it.

Edited by Quid Squid

The public event was the last step and for some the most difficult. You needed a fireteam and some luck

Eris Morn rep starts to go up. If you do Crota raid and open even one chest in the basement it goes up 5-25 points. Also dreadnought missions will advance the rank as well.

Lets say anytime

[spoiler=ab2]

You hear her voice or her name

You will gain some points

I have over 400 points toward rank 5 /2500

Edited by ecto69

The public event was the last step and for some the most difficult. You needed a fireteam and some luck

Eris Morn rep starts to go up. If you do Crota raid and open even one chest in the basement it goes up 5-25 points. Also dreadnought missions will advance the rank as well.

Lets say anytime

[spoiler=ab2]

You her her voice or her name

You will gain some points

I have over 400 points toward rank 5 /2500

awesome, thanks. I was just waiting for the weekend so Xur would appear, just my luck it happened to be the same weekend the update hit and all bounties went away.

Will have to check the incomplete quests to see which ones it lists for me. Thanks for the tip. Haven't seen quests from Eris yet (probably have to have her at a higher level, which I'm not sure how I can do without her giving bounties).

I did several steps of the Urn. I'm not sure which step I was on though, I had to kill someone during a public event and return the Urn to Xur. Were there any missions past this one?

According to Destinytracker.com I am missing: WANTED: Peekis, the Disavowed

Either it hasn't been updated or I didn't receive it.

From what I heard, Petra has a new quest in TTK, so I think that was a way they might make it for people to get those Wanted Grimoire cards. I'm not 100% sure though.

From what I heard, Petra has a new quest in TTK, so I think that was a way they might make it for people to get those Wanted Grimoire cards. I'm not 100% sure though.

The new ones are Taken focused though.

It does look like most of these are now unobtainable. At least one set of the targets does still spawn, the guys near the Shrine of Oryx, but most of the other static ones are gone and the ones that drop from Prowling events are completely gone now.

The new ones are Taken focused though.

It does look like most of these are now unobtainable. At least one set of the targets does still spawn, the guys near the Shrine of Oryx, but most of the other static ones are gone and the ones that drop from Prowling events are completely gone now.

Well that sucks for new players or even older players that never got all of those. When I heard that the Wolves were leaving I made sure I had all those just in case they weren't obtainable in the future.

It's too bad for gamers who never plan on getting TTK that they will not have all the content they paid for.

Activisions way of forcing people to purchase this 3rd DLC?

With the way Destiny is I think it's just too hard to separate people who have old content with the people who are current. ex. The reason people without the DLC can't do certain activities.

While I got all the Wanted stuff before 2.0, I also read on reddit that after completing the HoW story missions all of those will be awarded.

As far as Urzok goes (the Eris quest), he still spawns on Skywatch. I got lucky and killed him with a sword from a Blade of Crota, it was obviously before HoW but I think that quest is still doable. If only they would unlock that final mission though after the first run...

Is there a good place that lists all the cards with a description of how they are earned? Destinytracker.com lists them all, and which ones I'm missing, but not how to obtain them.

Well currently it seems as they aren't obtainable with the 2.0 update. Before they were in certain spots on different planets, but not anymore. It's still early though, so maybe you can still get them somehow.

There used to be plenty of guides on Reddit and Youtube on how to get them, but none that I know of that work since 2.0

Well currently it seems as they aren't obtainable with the 2.0 update. Before they were in certain spots on different planets, but not anymore. It's still early though, so maybe you can still get them somehow.

There used to be plenty of guides on Reddit and Youtube on how to get them, but none that I know of that work since 2.0

Not specifically the ones from HoW or DB, but just the cards in general. There's a bunch I'm seeing that I maybe should have already because I have defeated enemies or been places, but have not unlocked. Just curious as to what is needed for certain cards.

Not specifically the ones from HoW or DB, but just the cards in general. There's a bunch I'm seeing that I maybe should have already because I have defeated enemies or been places, but have not unlocked. Just curious as to what is needed for certain cards.

Most of them should just come from naturally playing the game. The only one I've actually had to look up outside of the HoW Wanted cards was the Valus boss from the lvl 28 PoE boss.

Of the ones I'm missing these are the ones I can't find any information on:

Mystery: The Vault of Glass

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 2

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 3

Mystery: Praedyth's Door

Did they also fix the "Ghost Fragment: Legends 2" ghost? It was in the vault in the Forgotten Shores under the stairs. Was never there for me. I even went under the map to see if I could find it and was still not there. I don't recall if I picked it up, but I didn't think I had.

That was fixed a long, long time ago. The ones you can't find info on haven't been found by anyone yet. It's believed they are either very, very well hidden on the mission Paradox or someone forgot to include them in the final build of the game. The one I want but have given up on is Vex 5, which for PlayStation players is on the echo chamber strike but for us requires a lot of very skilled plat forming that I haven't been able to do yet.

Of the ones I'm missing these are the ones I can't find any information on:

Mystery: The Vault of Glass

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 2

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 3

Mystery: Praedyth's Door

Did they also fix the "Ghost Fragment: Legends 2" ghost? It was in the vault in the Forgotten Shores under the stairs. Was never there for me. I even went under the map to see if I could find it and was still not there. I don't recall if I picked it up, but I didn't think I had.

As far as the Vault of Glass grimoire cards that were added, I don't think anyone has found them and Reddit seems to believe they are Ghosts in VOG. I'm sure someone will find them soon enough. By the way, the VOG Grimoire cards they just added are pretty fascinating. Unless you're holding out until you get them, kind of how I am holding out on the Book of Sorrows for the time being.

And according to DestinyTracker you have GF: Legends 2. I think they fixed that a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
So as of this posting 3 of the VOG Grimoire cards have been found. It was done in today's daily mission "Paradox". Not sure if you could do this in the actual raid.

When paradox is the daily heroic mission, you can get the three ghosts. When finishing the new hidden section of the paradox mission in the fight with the taken, you open a chest at the end and receive praedyths ghost. Take that to the FWC faction leader and turn it in, you will also get the praedyths door grimoire.

Can't be done in raid, and likely not on paradox on heroic unless it's the daily heroic mission, same as black spindle.

caught up on a bunch of cards. Ghosts that were originally glitched on Earth and Mars are obtainable now, got the House of Wolves bounty by doing a mission for the Queen.

Next up, trying to get the Husk of the Pit to drop so I can do that and work on my Y1 exotic collection.

Edited by Quid Squid

• 2 weeks later...

As far as "Unobtainable grimoire cards goes," I do know for a fact that if a new player started at TTK, they wouldn't be able to get the cards for vangaurd and crucible marks. As far as the "Urn of Sacrifice," though, I can confirm that it isn't possible to get that anymore. It's really unfortunate for those aiming for the top.

Edited by Qwaffles
Checked my sources, and realized some info was incorrect.

As far as "Unobtainable grimoire cards goes," I do know for a fact that if a new player started at TTK, they wouldn't be able to get the cards for vangaurd and crucible marks. As far as the "Urn of Sacrifice," though, I can confirm that it isn't possible to get that anymore. It's really unfortunate for those aiming for the top.

They redid the requirements for the Vanguard/Crucible marks. And I believe you can still do the Urn quest by picking it up from the Abandoned Quests kiosks -- you may have to complete some of Eris' previous quests before hand. The only real unobtainable grimoire, AFAIK, were those bounties offered by Petra during HoW.

Edited by Hishoa