The Official Bitching Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the Driver Dual Championchip is even worst then I tought, what a crappy gamemode!!! It's more loading time then racing time, and to find a opponent in the quarters or higher takes forever.

1 lap races are stupid, and most of the races are just unfair. :uzi:

• 4 weeks later...

I second the frustrations with the control/stability, bad racing line coding, and the stupid/over-aggressive AI - I don't play online, so I can't comment on all of that (though idiot rammers are the #1 reason that I don't bother to play racers online).

With those out of the way, my biggest remaining annoyance has to be the sound effects when you run off line and pick up marbles - who the hell decided to use the sound of a maraca player on horseback for that?!?!

I refuse to play drift because I hate how it works in Shift and Shift 2.

This. I've never been a fan of drifting, although I appreciate there are plenty who are. I've never been any good at it either. I much prefer out and out racing.

I do agree the AI seems much more agressive than in the first game.

• 2 weeks later...

Magnetic cars, magnetic kerbs, magnetic sandbox. Henry and Faraday would be proud of these programmers. Thank God they don't do golf games...

Things like glitchy corners that won't master and the stupid King of the Hill achievement for which you simply can not find opponents.

Ehh.

Actually the AI is not that bad on hard difficulty but it drives me nuts on easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wow, the Driver Dual Championchip is even worst then I tought, what a crappy gamemode!!! It's more loading time then racing time, and to find a opponent in the quarters or higher takes forever.

1 lap races are stupid, and most of the races are just unfair. :uzi:

100% agreed.

BTW The online community is almost dead, So you shouldn't bother with online anyway

yup... and this is a bad combo and makes the king of the hill cheevo much harder to get... im waiting now 2 hours! for a quarterfinal match! -_- and if i loose i must start from the beginning... maybe i should try it at the weekend. :(

This game is seriously broken and one of the longest grinds to full achievement score. Very disappointing after Hot Pursuit as that game was great.

I'm a loyal customer of the NFS franchise, the only one missing is hot pursuit (because I wanted Shift 2 first), but now I'm seriously doubting if I will buy hot pursuit... I'm certainly not going to buy another future NFS game untill they fix Shift 2.

Slightly Mad Studios has developed both the Shift titles, whilst Criterion - the same studio developing the Burnout games - developed Hot Pursuit. HP is an arcade racer and Shift attempts to be something along the lines of a simulator, I guess. The gameplay experience differs thus quite alot. The one and only draw with HP, in my opinion, is the DLC which is far overpriced for what it has to offer. Ofcourse, there are still room for improvements, as there is with everything else. I bet you can find a new copy for a very reasonable price, so don't hestitate to buy it.

• 2 years later...

How can someone SERIOUSLY play this game and enjoy it? The AI is cheap and CHEATING!

I bought the Apollo and tuned it to works spec. That makes it the fastest car with the best acceleration. And the AI STILL manages to drive away. How is that possible? Everytime I break I get rammed into the gravel bed. I thought the game gets easier with better cars but I was wrong.

And I lost my whole money while completing the drift events (only easy part in the game). I finished them all in a row, leveled up to level 17 during it, got 280k as a reward. Wanted to buy a new car before starting the finale and had only 40k in my account. WHERE is my money?

Like you guys said 2 years ago: Seriously broken! The game itself is cool but the ridiculous hard and cheating AI makes it one of the worst racing games! I can deal with the crappy handling but NOT with downright cheating AI.

Rant over! And I'm sorry for the necro but I needed to get this off my chest after ragequitting the game two nights in a row.