F.E.A.R 3 Official Bitching Thread.

TTD187

Okay, we need one, seriously need one. I looked through all 5 pages of threads and this is now the first one. I'll start.

Split screen. I can't see anything when using it.

It's not scary.

The game modes are very boring

The game is literally almost dead. I looked for all available games and there were 4! Seriously? Only 4 available lobbies?

The fact that if you're not posessing someone and you need to get in a mech and Point Man isn't around, you're screwed because no one's around! -.-

More?

Okay, we need one, seriously need one. I looked through all 5 pages of threads and this is now the first one. I'll start.

It's not scary.

The game is literally almost dead. I looked for all available games and there were 4! Seriously? Only 4 available lobbies?

The fact that if you're not posessing someone and you need to get in a mech and Point Man isn't around, you're screwed because no one's around! -.-

More?

Can only say I dont agree with any of it. :s

(except the online part cause i simply dont play online that much. )

and sure Fear 3 aint "SCARY"- But neither was fear 1 or two. This series has always been more action based then horror based. So I cant complain.

It's not scary.

More?

Yea splitscreen does limit your field of view, but it's been that way since like super nintendo days of splitscreen.. meh. Ah well. Although they didn't use all the available space in the splitscreen mode.. >_<

FEAR isn't scary if you're an adult.. it's got a very faint sense of creepiness to it but that's it. It's nothing you'll have nightmares over. It's the usual style of scare tactics.. dark lighting with shadows in the background.. slow mo parts.. and the typical "in your face scares".. It's all been done before in FEAR and FEAR 2 anyways..

The game modes.. well I only like contractions and f**king run. I already knew the game had NO deathmatch or TDM in it before release. It kinda sucks but whatever.. I got FEAR 2 for deathmatch at least. As for the online activity.. it only shows the LOBBY that is available.. and NOT the games in progress. =p So what if there are 200 000 people playing online but you don't know that cause the game doesn't show "sessions in progress". =p

But anyways.. the game modes are meant to be played from the start to finish not joining midway anyways.. so whatever I guess?..

You don't need a mech in the levels to proceed. It's only an option.

The game does feel short but meh.. I had a feeling it wasn't full of content when I saw all the delays and barely any multiplayer footage.

I'm not a child, but F.E.A.R definitely had a few creep moments and F.E.A.R 2 made me jump but this game is the least scariest :/

True that it doesn't show the games going on but lobbies don't exactly fill up straight away and I always find it hard to get into games of F**king Run and often get put into soul king.

I also knew there was no TDM or anything like that but that doesn't really bother me anyway, I have Medal of Honor for TDM and other game-types the generic FPS shooter have and Bad Company 2 for a more indepth game of Conquest or Rush.

I think it could just be that even though I wasn't expecting much, I still expected too much and it could be how I feel about my value for money. I usually don't spend more than £25 on a game. I will be selling soon though and may get it when it goes down to around £15-25, I guess I could sell the code if I get pre-owned.

I've personally really enjoyed this game & have to say the co-op is one of the most unique I've played.

My ONLY gripes with the game are the fact it isn't as creepy/atmospheric as F.E.A.R 2 & the fact that people don't die when you pop a round in their head LIKE THEY WOULD IN REAL LIFE!

I'm not a child, but F.E.A.R definitely had a few creep moments and F.E.A.R 2 made me jump but this game is the least scariest :/

True that it doesn't show the games going on but lobbies don't exactly fill up straight away and I always find it hard to get into games of F**king Run and often get put into soul king.

I also knew there was no TDM or anything like that but that doesn't really bother me anyway, I have Medal of Honor for TDM and other game-types the generic FPS shooter have and Bad Company 2 for a more indepth game of Conquest or Rush.

I think it could just be that even though I wasn't expecting much, I still expected too much and it could be how I feel about my value for money. I usually don't spend more than £25 on a game. I will be selling soon though and may get it when it goes down to around £15-25, I guess I could sell the code if I get pre-owned.

I def think that fear one had its moments. I jumped when alma would just show up out of nowhere.......

I def think that fear one had its moments. I jumped when alma would just show up out of nowhere.......

I don't agree with most of what TTD says, but I have to agree there is a stunning lack of horror for a horror games. In the odd event something 'scary' does happen you're likely to miss it because you have to be looking a a specific spot in the room, and the game doesn't indicate where to look.

I don't agree with most of what TTD says, but I have to agree there is a stunning lack of horror for a horror games. In the odd event something 'scary' does happen you're likely to miss it because you have to be looking a a specific spot in the room, and the game doesn't indicate where to look.

Well the others weren't scary at all..I think I was creeped out when I first got my Xbox and played the originals demo. But that was just due to me having a next-gen system finally and I was high lol.

I'm glad it's more action oriented since the only real 'scares' were just random objects moving out of nowhere and dark settings with flashes of Alma. I really don't think a game could scare me anymore (I'm 25). Alan Wake was pretty creepy but I was never too scared except when low on ammo.

We've all been desensitized to scare tactics now. I haven't even seen a horror film in the last 10 years that came close to classics like 'The Shining'. I'm just glad this game is actually fun compared to the crapola that the previous two were.

[...] the fact that people don't die when you pop a round in their head LIKE THEY WOULD IN REAL LIFE!

This. So many times I've popped someone in the head, walked past where they were, thinking they were dead then suddenly get shot in the back. Annoying.

I was pretty pleased with the game, it wasn't amazing but wasn't bad. It wasn't scary in the sense that, I'd be scared when I was on my own at night or something, but it did creep me out a little. I found myself thinking "wtf" more than actually being scared. I missed alot of the "scary moments" aswell, as somebody said, I was busy focussing on other things or trying to scavenge for ammo or psychic links when stuff happened.

Regarding scary movies in the last 10 years, The Ring (remake) literally scared the crap out of me. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that movie, seriously. I never get scared by movies, but that was terrifying.

its been said alot already but still, with a title of FEAR you would think it would be more scary. I'm not trying to be a tough guy or anything but exactly what did you fear in this game at all? your life recharges, TONS of ammo everywhere, and alma cant hurt you at all. Through the whole game she pops up gives your character a headache and she leaves. You quickly figure out that she cant hurt you so everytime something poped up I ran over and said HI........nothing. The levels cant even be scary because you know whatever happens is not going to hurt you. In fear 1 that little girl would kill you in a heart beat. wish i would have just rented it insted of buying it. This game is a basic first person shooter with a missleading title.

I agree with most people about how its not very scary..i mentioned in another thread that theyve dropped the ball as far as storytelling goes. in my opinion, none of the core trilogy comes close to f.e.a.r. files as far as horror goes - that was a good game. it made me jump and not want to go to sleep at night.

another thing that bothers the hell out of me is the harlan wade ghost demon thing. how he jumps in and out of view in the most random places and hurts you ticks me off. he even killed me when i was going through looking for dolls on fearless on interval 08.

Just wanted to agree with the previous post.

I adored the first FEAR game, but this one just didn't seem scary. There's a combination of reasons for this.

First, I spend the whole first game trying to kill Paxton. Why on earth is he my bosom companion now!

Second, little Alma is a hundred times scarier than grown up Alma. Little Alma is an intentionally pretty, sweet, innocent person. This makes you empathise with her, so when she started doing terrible things you were able to both pity and fear her. It was effective. When she showed up it was genuinely scary. However in this installment, Alma just seems annoying. She's grown up, covered in more blood than a character in Clive Barker's world and is just... boring!

Okay, so at 1am those are the only reasons I can come up with, but honestly - I was disappointed. When the first FEAR came out I was genuinely impressed with it. FEAR Files was also an interesting installment, but since then, the games seem to have lost their fear factor and become more action orientated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if this were simply called 'Adventures of Point Man', I'd really like it - it's the fact it's trying to follow up an excellent first game that it seems so disappointing.

• 1 month later...

My only gripe is this "Handle with Care" achievement.. if it was 20 crates it would be doable.. but 30 is just insane. It's hard enough to find people to play with, then once you do, everyone goes for crates! It's impossible on solo, otherwise I'd do it there.

Ok, and another thing.. I can't join any matches! I'll press "A" to join, and it just sits there for about 5 minutes and doesn't go into a lobby. Or it'll just say "unable to join". I can host them fine.. but I've yet to join someone else's game. At one point I had to dashboard it when looking for a quick match since there's no option to back out of it!

Even though fear 3 wasnt that scary its still a good game and series in whole.the only thing thats bad is online searching but im not complaining cause ive got all the achievements for it.and i like the story of fear even though point man never talks paxton fettel is a psychopath and alma is the scariest little girl ever she rapes people honestly.eg SGT.Beckett

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought the game, so these would be my gripes.

- Too short.

- Non-sensical plot, very hard to follow (I didn't play FEAR 2 though, so partly my fault) Still though, I don't have a clue what was going on.

- Multiplayer is dreadful. I knew it would be dead at this point, but the few games I have managed to play, it's pretty awful and very bland.

- The last level. Sorry, but that thing that attacks you from the shadows (happens in a few other intervals as well) is just annoying as hell.

- Graphics are terrible.

- Sometimes I didn't have a clue where I was going.

- Pathetic "manual". at least give us the controls and maybe a little on the backstory.

- Mech sections are very boring - it's just not fun shooting an enemy mech over and over as you both spam shields/missiles.

- Grenades have a very short fuse, and are difficult to get on target.

There are some positives, such as the co-op actually being quite fun, and I like the general feel and atmosphere, but I'd have been pissed had I bought this full price at launch.

• 6 months later...

I love this game.Ok its not the scariest of games but does have a few creepy/jumpy moments.I've been quite lucky with the MP as a few of my friends have the game so have managed to get a good few games done-but i got the game for the campaign and the co-op side of it which i have to say is amazing and quite unique.Me and a friend have had a blast going through each interval as both Paxy and Pointy.There is good replay value trying to get all the challenges done and considering that its probably the best £10 i've spent on a game.:woop: