What is this game?

KFZ Scrubs

Interesting.

Looks decent... don't know if I'd ever buy it off the bat, more of a wait and see. I'm always down for good adventures/stories.... horror, no thanks. I'm on the edge of The Evil Within because it looks fun and pretty

• 2 weeks later...

"Call of C'Thullu" is of course an HP Lovecraft short story.

There was a great game published by Bethesda back in the days of the original XBox based in this "universe".

This Frogware title has nothing to do with the "Bethesda" published game.

They are known for their "Sherlock Holmes" puzzle games and I'm not sure if this will be good because the graphics were awful in "Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think I dabbled in a whole lot of Lovecraft aside from At the Mountains of Madness. Never read The Call of Cthulhu but this game looks interesting. I know of Frogwares but I haven't played any of their Sherlock Holmes games. Those are more adventure-ish and Cthulu is filed under action in this site...without gameplay I'm not sure how radical this shift in gameplay genre could be for the developers. The concept art they shared looked really cool though.

There was a great game published by Bethesda back in the days of the original XBox based in this "universe".

This Frogware title has nothing to do with the "Bethesda" published game.

Huh. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth? That game looks interesting as well. I feel like I've played it briefly many years ago...I see it's on Steam so maybe I'll buy it for myself someday.

All this Cthulhu talk makes me wonder what's up with Felonious Monk. Haven't seen her in a while. Those Cthulhu emotes she used were amusing.

http://s21.postimg.org/sn0wdlykz/ohgodcthulhu.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my fingers crossed for this game, but after the greatness that was Dark Corners, I don't know if any entry in the series can live up to it. We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, this has reminded me to fire up my kindle and nab some Lovecraft goodies since I just finished Lolita and the Ender Series again.

I have my fingers crossed for this game, but after the greatness that was Dark Corners, I don't know if any entry in the series can live up to it. We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, this has reminded me to fire up my kindle and nab some Lovecraft goodies since I just finished Lolita and the Ender Series again.

This is a different beast than Dark Corners of the Earth, though. This will actually deal directly with Cthulhu himself, which Dark Corners didn't really do. As a matter of fact, I think they're actually using the original story as source material.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Never finished the Xbox game... this could be good!
You liked it that much that you didn't finish it? :p

All this Cthulhu talk makes me wonder what's up with Felonious Monk. Haven't seen her in a while. Those Cthulhu emotes she used were amusing.

http://s21.postimg.org/sn0wdlykz/ohgodcthulhu.gif

You could always message someone: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/member.php?u=517506

• 4 months later...
This looks like it could be really interesting. I will be looking forward to more information on this game. I've also noticed that the game looks very dark from the screenshots.

Yes it’s a Dark game ! Call of Cthulhu is an Lovecraft’s classic short story adaptation , about a cult seeks to raise an ancient monster from the dark dephs of the sea. Frogwares studio, announced a year ago on their website, that they are developping a video game adaptation of this Classic. Even better, Frogwares said that their game is based on the original 80’s role playing game Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth . The game continues to delight players after almost 30 years since it’s release. In this game (mix of adventure and survival horror ) , which combines intense action and adventure elements as you plummer headlong into the tormented life of Jack Walters A private investigator by trade. Jack is touched by the Cthulhu Mythos and for the remainder of his life, finds himself haunted by visions and thoughts of things that should not be as he struggles to retain his sanity and his humanity.You’re playing the game with several weapons such; knife, crowbar, automatic pistol,revolver,double-barreled Shotgun, Riffle,Machine Gun .There is also typical interaction in the game world, doors, moveable objects, Ladders,Trapdoors,Button,Levers, release Valves,Safe.....Such a year now, no release date or platform information has been announced ..........

• 2 weeks later...
Has there seriously been no more new information since this was posted?

Yeah, unfortunately. Been well over a year since we got some news on how the game is doing at this point. I checked the Frogwares Twitter/Facebook, they're still promoting their previous game (Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments).

• 1 year later...