Anyway to automate kills with a turbo controller?

Yes it's possible.

Don't pass the first bulkhead in the Cardianon mothership and put auto-healing on Edge. Turbo the X to auto-fire and everytime the bulkhead closes on you, 2 enemies will spawn. When fight is over, the bulkhead will open and close and 2 enemies will spawn, etc. Make sure you have faize in party at the time and he can get 3k battles too.

For Arumat, that video above works, but its not efficient AT ALL (That's my video, btw). I managed about 300 kills overnight. Just not worth it.

I was on the right track with that video, just the wrong location. :)

Here is how you do it on the PS3 (360 should be the same): http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/1981411-post13.html

• 3 months later...
Yes it's possible.

Don't pass the first bulkhead in the Cardianon mothership and put auto-healing on Edge. Turbo the X to auto-fire and everytime the bulkhead closes on you, 2 enemies will spawn. When fight is over, the bulkhead will open and close and 2 enemies will spawn, etc. Make sure you have faize in party at the time and he can get 3k battles too.

For Arumat, that video above works, but its not efficient AT ALL (That's my video, btw). I managed about 300 kills overnight. Just not worth it.

I was on the right track with that video, just the wrong location. :)

Here is how you do it on the PS3 (360 should be the same): http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/1981411-post13.html

Just came back to this thread and had a read through the ps3 guide and wow thanks for linking me to that. Just a quick question, what does it mean when it says set your analogue sticks? Do you use a rubber band or can you set it up on the controller?

EDIT: just saw the picture on the ps3 site, rubber bands it is, thanks again. Heres the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3SNElyi30w]Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 30 000 Automated Kills (PS3/XBox360) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by SR x FUZiON

I did automate kills using the PS3 method, but it does not work as well on the Xbox version for whatever reason. I had to walk, the run stick had to be set between 11 and noon, and the bottom right stick had to be barely turning. This gets you one attack per going through the door. I had to use tape versus rubber bands because of the controller design. Also sometimes this method does fail, I would run it for an hour come back and find edge all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really struggling with the stick set up on my Hori Ex2. The enemies inside just keep running around me and that's when I finally manage to get it right. You mention "barely" having the right thumb stick turning. In what direction are you aiming it at? And do you have sensitivity settings on your controller and what are they set at if so? I think I've spent more time trying to set this up than actually grinding successfully!!

I used a turbo fire 2 for mine. Ok, I had my sensitivity down to 75 percent on both sticks. I had the A button set for a button press every 1/10 of a second to make sure I never missed a chance to open the door.

I had it set to walking not running. The upper left joystick was set anywhere from 10 to noon, because it depends on how fast your character rotates. On the bottom right stick I had it set to barely turning near the 8 to 6 o clock position.

This setup once I got it down took 10 minutes just to set up and another 10 minutes to watch to make sure it worked. The key about this is getting Edge to walk in a nice circle without getting stuck, which can take awhile. My friend on the ps3 could set up a 2 ambush kill in seconds, but for some reason could never get the same thing to work on my xbox. I just kept trying till I finally got it to work one day, and just memorized how I had the sticks set up. Then tried again the next day to do the same thing which took 20 minutes, eventually once you get it down, it does become faster.

Edited by negatron923

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Negatron, you are a legend. I managed to get it set up with your advice in about 3 minutes. Got my left thumstick at about 11:30 and my right at about 6:30. The rubberband on the right thumbstick was pulling it too far to the left, round 8 o'clock so I stuck a pen in between the right thumbstick and the d-pad and worked a treat! Now to sit back and relax for the next 60 hours...

EDIT: Yep, worked a treat with your advice mate. 40 something hours later I have Edge at 100 BT's, Thanks!!

Edited by Sniper JZA80

• 1 year later...

I found that if you just set Edge to walk (not run) to 10 o'clock/10.30 he wil make a larger circle and every time you enter Palace of creation he will be surprised and ambushed. It's an easier method because you just need to set up 1 thumbstick but sometimes he get stuck outside of Palace of creation but after a few seconds/minutes he will move, I cannot find the right setup you were talking above though, I just can't set it up...

Edited by Achiever TM

• 3 months later...

When I first did that method, Edge was running, but the guys in PS3T made some tweaks and made it more efficient.

Wish I could've tried automating Bacchus in higher difficulty with an oscillating fan. There's a certain spot in the Cardianon ship (higher difficulty) where you can just keep entering and exiting the same door, while attracting the aggros on both sides of the door.

Theoretically it works, as I tried it manually, but I didn't have access to an oscillating fan -_-

Edited by alec613

The best place to knock out the Edge 30k kills and Faize 3k battles is in the Cardianon mother ship. (save this for your 2nd playthrough on Earth difficulty if following the guide) After you defeat the boss and are escaping you come to a large room with a save point. Past this room is a long hallway, a right turn and another long hall with doors that will come down automatically.

With a turbo controller on Edge and all other party members on manual, (auto heal helps too for him and Faize) stand to the left side of the hall before the first door.. the door will close, enemies spawn and attack.. you can do this pretty much forever.. Edge never has to move and you'll get surprised and ambushed, if not surprised twice. You'll also gain a good amount of levels which will make the next areas of the game a breeze.

(I even applied this method to an overnight boosting session on my Universe and Chaos playthroughs just to gain levels)

The only downside to this method is you can't get Bacchus 'ology drops due to him being incapacitated.

Utilizing this method does not speed things up.. it will probly still take 30+ hours to finish off 30k kills.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9iaz1S4vM]Star Ocean 4 : BT 93, Edge 30000 Kills Automated - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Xenolith666