Official Bitching Thread

BLOMBOMB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm really liking the game and respect everyones complaints like unbalanced and zombies leveling also, But my biggest bitch is losing 5-8 grand for dying. I literally had over 90 grand and ran tried the arena in Lab area to get blood sample, Well wasn't prepared and only had 2 medpacks and one moletov, By the time I finshed it I was down to 50 grand. 40,000 friggen dollars in a few minutes. I don't see the point of taking my money, reset me to a previous save or something. Also people who join me and take my weopons from a questgiver. didnt have room in inventory and went to drop crappy one and dude grabs my good weapon. Anyway definately cool game

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution to a corrupted save file? My lvl 40 Xian save has been replaced with a lvl 1 Sam B. All of my Xian stats are still there, the one and only save file I have says 37 hours of play time but lvl 1.

Any ideas? If there is no way to recover it I wont try for lvl 50 again, I just can't bother to grind up there.

Tried to connect to my friend twice in multiplayer - both times my game freezes and forces me to turn my Xbox on/off. Second time I find my save for a Level 43 Sam B is corrupted and now I'm forced to start over. Thank you Tech Land, I get so excited to join a co-op game that I am punished with the erasing of my 20+ single player hours of dedication.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The enemy spawns are awful, the checkpoint system is fudged up, thrown weapons have a tendency to disappear, but my honest to God biggest gripe about this game is the lack of collision detection.

When enemies rush you, whether fast, slow, or bosses, they have a tendency to move right through you and end up behind / to the side of you, wailing away with nothing you can do to stop it other than having prevented them from reaching you with a kick.

Is it just me or does something about co op really screw with the game? I have a great time playing alone with not too much difficulty. Anytime a friend joins or a random person it seems like I get killed constantly even though I shouldn't be and none of my hits really seem to do much. Also I'll randomly drop to the ground and die even though there are no zombies around!!! So I kick the player and everything is just fine again!

I can't stand this game in co op right now. Also it doesn't let me track any of my side quests when I have a main quest in co op. What a piss off! I was really excited to play this with people but really it's just annoying. Forever alone.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it just me or does something about co op really screw with the game? I have a great time playing alone with not too much difficulty. Anytime a friend joins or a random person it seems like I get killed constantly even though I shouldn't be and none of my hits really seem to do much. Also I'll randomly drop to the ground and die even though there are no zombies around!!! So I kick the player and everything is just fine again!

I can't stand this game in co op right now. Also it doesn't let me track any of my side quests when I have a main quest in co op. What a piss off! I was really excited to play this with people but really it's just annoying. Forever alone.

theres a modded gun floating round that shoots grenades but is invisible and lets out no sound when shot.

• 4 weeks later...

F-ing hate all the randoms out there that have figured out how to mod the game and will get in your game and just completely mess with you... start spawing like 30-50 enemies, make it so you can't drive the truck any longer, or just plain kill you. I had to finally stop allowing Public players into my game and changed all my slots to Private coop.

Hate that the game loses stuff on you. Last night after one of the load screens while playing coop with my friend, both her and I lost half of our inventory... the game took my Left Hand of Glova(!) plus most of my best upgraded weapons. Plus, I have had it where I create a weapon and then go to my inventory... wtf?... it is no where to be found (happened creating a skull related weapon one night and I thought I was going to break something I was so pissed... 5 diamonds and 10K money down the drain).

Really can't stand the spawning system either. There are some times when you die or join a friends game, where it will spawn you halfway across the map from where you should be. Or the opposite... you are getting raped by enemies, die, and then it spawns you right in the middle of the mayhem which caused you to get killed in the first place... only to die almost immediately and then lose ANOTHER 10% of your money. Stupid.

Lastly, just the random glitches. My friend, she was at the main mission at the end of Act II where you have to drive the truck back to the resort with the supplies from the city. We go to the bottom of the steps from the church to get in the truck... huh?! It is not there and neither is Jin? Tried restarting, tried doing other side missions to get the truck to spawn again, tried going to other maps, tried going to the other side of the map... nothing works. Thank goodness we have both been all the way through the game already, because it looks like she won't be moving on in the story with this character. Weird?

• 3 weeks later...

I got stuck in the end of chapter 3 even though I saved my game in the beginning of chapter 4. When I started playing again I realized I was still in chapter 3 and the thing I had to get to proceed to chapter 4 wasn't there where the map showed it should be. I restarted several times with no help, so that ended my survival on the island...

It seems like whenever you create an item at a workbench, if you have a full inventory, the component parts will disappear from it, but because there's no room in your bag it just vanishes. I forgot to check if I had full bags three times and lost my meat baits that way. I also seem to switch to equipping alcohol randomly after using a medkit from time to time, so I'll mash B to get my HP back and then all of a sudden instead of swinging melee when I hit RT, my screen is blurry and I'm being pulverized. Wat.

Mostly I was just devastated as soon as I turned the game on, having seen nothing but that slow-motion, reverse kid falling out of a window trailer with sad music that in no way represented the game they brought out.

I've noticed a lot of people in this thread saying that it felt as though they rushed the game out and that it should have stayed unreleased for longer while they beta'd it. Well, it was announced in 2006. There's no excuse for the buggy BS they shipped it with at all. Six years, god damn it. All of my disappoints.

Just adding my own bitch to this buggy game. finally got to level 50. Guess what I did NOT get. So I'm stuck without that achievement. This buggy ass game can rot in hell I am not raising a second guy from start to 50 after having gotten high up twice before to have saves corrupted before end of game, finally beating the game, then getting level 50 and not getting that achievement.

There was one part in the game where I respawned without any of my weapons, including the fists. One part when you're in the jungle and you have to get that guy to help you find the prison, after he agreed he was walking out of the hut and just fell on the ground. There was nothing me or my partner could do so we had to restart.

I liked the game, just kinda got tired out it after playing for so long and with all the glitches.

Oh, and the achievement for getting to round 15 with each character in the DLC I did but didn't get the achievement at first. It sucked bad enough reaching level 50 with one character and just completing act 1 with the other 3, but trying to make it to round 15 with low-leveled characters sucked hard. Ihad to go through and reach round 15 with each of them again. Luckily someone dropped a gun with pretty much infinite ammo that helped me out tons.

• 4 weeks later...

Why is every one complaining about ng+ and losing weapons. I'm on ng+5 and every time I restart the campaign (looking for better weapons and having fun killing Zombies, teehee) I start with the same set that I finished the last run through with.