Anyone done a second playthrough??

jedi420j

So my biggest concern with this game is how enjoyable a second run would be.. I dont want to follow a guide and have all the cases spoiled for me on my first playthough, and its probably not realistic to get everything 100% naturally.. So has anyone gone back and re-played it.. is it enjoyable or a grind??

it is actually possible to get almost everything on your 1st playthrough without a guide. (you'll only need a map for the collectables)

if you haven't started the game yet, the game actually has a chapter select, which you can use to get any achievement you missed. when replaying a case, you can skip most of the cutscenes so to answer your question:

no, a 2nd playthrough is actually enjoyable

I had to re-do about 1/3 of the cases since i didn't 5 star them the 1st time. It's a little more fun to actually not perfect a case on your 1st time, you will see different answers from the witness you interrogate because you will probably fail some questions.

the game doesn't have any missable achievement at all.

you should really just play it without a guide for your 1st playthrough, if you are a completionist, you'll see how the game is actually easy even without a guide.

the music helps you know if you missed any clues and intuition points help interrogate a suspect/witness perfectly. The game also plays a different tune when you correctly answer a question or fail it, so really no need for a guide.

if you feel a frustration not getting the interrogation correctly, you can actually press start, quit out the game and re-load. the game will put you back right before an interrogation for you to restart without any penalty.

I did use a guide at first for the few 1st cases (because i didn't want to miss anything) and really regretted doing so. it made the game boring and the game is actually designed to be quite friendly to the player. I then started playing without a guide and it was a much more satisfying experience

Edited by minh2

Only grind part (for me) was finding all the automobiles....But I loved every minute of the game, including all the DLC. Fun game to 100%.

You can always go back and redo all the cases once you have completed it. As above poster stated, none of the cheevos are missable, just some disc swapping involved. Cheers on having an awesome game in front of you!

I did 2 playthroughs. The 1st on my own and the 2nd following the guide to get the 5 star ratings. The 2nd playthrough was still fun, even though it was less interactive. As for achievements, finding the last 2 cars and finding all 50 film reels was a bit of grind, but everything else was enjoyable.