List Of Players Who Need Help With Glitched Super-Marcus Sweep/It's Like Christmas

Since there seem to be a couple solutions for getting past the door, and trying to fit everyone into a single post is a pain, I'll just leave this as a guide and request thread. If a mod wants to update the thread title as such since I can't, go for it.

Do not message me for help.

If you need help, leave your Gamertag, the mission you need, and playthrough number (1 or 2).

What Is This Glitch You Speak Of?

As you may or may not know, there's a potentially game-breaking glitch involving the armory, which is first encountered during the Armory Assault mission.

There's a small spot on the floor you can slip through to enter the armory and gain unlimited time to loot the place:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6ym5rLoiI]YouTube- Borderlands Glitch Unlimited Time In Armory_0001.wmv[/ame]

Cool, right?

But wait! You could potentially mess up your mission.

The Armory Assault mission only has two objectives: "Enter Code" and "Expose Munitions." The first is for pushing the buttons to open the small front door, which is fine; the second is for manually activating (pressing X on) the panel down the hall which triggers the countdown and shuts the big door. This allows people to glitch into the armory without accidentally triggering an objective. Saving and exiting is fine because the big door is still open.

The Super-Marcus Sweep and It's Like Christmas missions work differently. They have three objectives: "Countdown Started" "Steal Loot" and "Boom!"

The issue with this is that once you're glitched into the armory, it's possible to accidentally walk into a hexagon-shaped room and trigger the middle "Steal Loot" objective, which shuts the big door and prevents you from completing the "Countdown Started" objective. At that point, if you save and exit, you're screwed. If you either quit to dashboard or avoid that certain room, you should be able to save and exit fine.

Note: There's also a similar game-breaking glitch regarding multiple armory-related missions starting at the same time. Here's an explanation.

As of March 3rd, Gearbox has listed this as "under investigation."

Fixes

Kmack11 over at the Gearbox forums explains here how to use a crapton of health kits and grenades to go under and past the door.

Thanks to BruinsFTW for the find.

Here's another video to help get past the door, created by Guru Inc:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB9xduvThGI]YouTube- Medkit jumping to enter the armory v.2[/ame]

Edited by Firvagor

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this!!!

Gametag: J3rio

Playthrough: 2

Mission: Super Marcus Sweeps

Time Availability: mon-fri: 7pm-midnight. (Est)

weekends: anytime

I didn't attempt the unlimited weapons glitch and this still happened to me :(

I will dupe all the Pearlescent weapons and shields for you in return :)

*EDIT: I have completed the mission! Thanks to Lordrex217!!!*

Edited by XXPh3n0m3n4LXX

thanks for the offer trashman... too bad i missed it! If anyone can hold off that mission for me until tonight that would be great! I will be online from 7pm-12am est. please send me an invite :).

I will return your favourite by dupe all my pearlescent weapons and pearlescent shields (I believe I have all of them). I will also help you with anything else... crawmerax, the duty recruit mission, etc...

GT: J3rio

Edited by XXPh3n0m3n4LXX

i know i need it.

GT: Operation REMIE

playthru 2

mission: it's like christmas

times available: m-w til whenever at night, thursday til 3pm EST

Anyone that wants to do Super-Marcus Sweep/It's Like Christmas, I'm hosting tonight. 9pm EST. Add me and I will add you back and invite you in. We'll go in and get it over with

Edited by operation remie

I am about to do the super-Markus sweep mission playthrough 2 I only want people to join who it's glitched for not just getting xp or guns.

If you want to join in it's the first 3 people who message me that joins in, I would love if anybody who jumps in can dupe me a really good shield mine is 1950-275 but I know there are some good ones out there I can't find one, some nice guns would be nice also I love revolvers, snipers with high damage elemental.

I am a hunter and have lots of really good guns and mods which I would gladly drop for you also.

If we have time I can also do the it's like Christmas mission also I haven't even collected that yet so it's won't glitch.

I will be home and online in about 1 hour from now 9pm GMT so message me if you want in and I will invite back.

Gamertag: IRELAND NO 1

i'm on super-marcus sweep, i've just got to the crimson armory and there's a red shield across were you normally go to get into the armory, so if aby 1's got this mission to do that would be grand

GT: ILLIDAN86

i'll be on about 3pm gmt

edit: just gone through mission log and i don't have the it's like xmas mission? were do you normally get it from?

Edited by Illidan86

i'm on super-marcus sweep, i've just got to the crimson armory and there's a red shield across were you normally go to get into the armory, so if aby 1's got this mission to do that would be grand

GT: ILLIDAN86

i'll be on about 3pm gmt

edit: just gone through mission log and i don't have the it's like xmas mission? were do you normally get it from?

after finishing the sweep, hand that into marcus and he'll give you some killing mission. after you do all that, he gives you the christmas mission to do. im on the killing one right now

For the Local Trouble mission, it's based off the prison, not the armory. You have to complete it in order to get It's Like Christmas, which will let you enter the armory again.

If your Super-Marcus Sweep is still incomplete, though, you killed Knoxx and the barrier won't disappear? Just curious, since I guess someone else hosting would fix it anyway.

Edited by Firvagor

i can't do the mission due to a red barrier blocking the entrance to the armory( to the right were you would go to enter the code, don't know why its there?

This happened to me. You need to join someone elses same mission and do it. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully trying it tonight. I will let you know if it works.

Edited by XXPh3n0m3n4LXX

I was going to do this last night, nobody actually sent a single message or request to join did you guys expect me to search through all names Here and invite you? so I held off to help maybe 2moro night.

I got set up with pearls from a guy so I don't need anything in return any body wants to do it 2moro nIght about will be on for a few hours 8pmOnwards GMT send me a message don't expect me to search and send loads of messages you need the help not me I can also do it's like Christmas mission I haven't collected that yet. Then the enlist for duty missions if anybody wants to stay if not no problems...

if anyone needs to do the "It's like Christmas" mission I will be doing that sometime tonight (need to finish the one before it first). if that mission glitched on you and you need help, just send me a message. i will most likely be on after 7pm EST.

Hi Ireland no 1 i sent you a voice msg about joining in on the its like christmas mission (mine glitched :( ). If its okay I'd like to join you. I'll be online all knight probably :) And I'd like to help with the cirle of duty as well (its fun and the only place where I've managed to find a perlacent :p )

edit:

if theres anyone else who could help me out with the its like christmas mission on playthrough 2, just add or message me:

gt: izifloydizi

Edited by alekin

i am not shure if this is the best thread but i just completed " its like christmas " but the problem ive got iv still got the main quest line were i need to hand it in on the elivater in the armory were all the chests are and i cant get back in ANYONE HELP ?

gamertag is - queen dazhard

i am not shure if this is the best thread but i just completed " its like christmas " but the problem ive got iv still got the main quest line were i need to hand it in on the elivater in the armory were all the chests are and i cant get back in ANYONE HELP ?

gamertag is - queen dazhard

You should tag along with lordrex217 tonight. You should be ok once you complete it on someone elses "It's like Christmas" mission. Just make sure that mission is selected when do you it otherwise it won't work.

Sorry man that my friends list is full I was helping lots of random guys last few days I will remove them just message and say what it's for and we can do what ever mission u are short no problem and after I can do a cyan weapon drop for you guys 8 weapons and 4 shields...