Longest movie you've ever seen?

Barad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that a miniseries? I watched it, but it was in hour long blocks on SyFy.

It was a mini-series so it wouldn't qualify.

I'm not sure what the longest movie I watched was...Probably one of the extended versions of one of the LoTR movies.

The movie that felt the longest to me is easy...Koyaanisqatsi. It's basically just slow motion and time lapse helicopter footage of cities and landscapes set to Native American sounding music. It's only 87 minutes long but I felt like half my life had just went by after watching it. Watched it for a blow-off class called "Reading Film" back in High School.

All the extended Lord of the Rings.

Tried to have a marathon day for those, I left before the third film ended because it was night time and I wanted sleep, didn't help the film kept being paused for a cake that at first wouldn't bake and then was singed on the outside and not cooked on the inside.

Mine would have to be Once Upon a Time in America at 269 minutes (4 hours 30 minutes and time flew by) although the original run was 229 minutes, I haven't seen that version.

Yours?

Same here, what a great movie that is but hell yea its looooong. Btw Sergio Leone = best director ever :Bounce:

Yeah Once Upon A Time is a long one. My least favorite Leone movie too, it's kind a shame it was his epic and he put so much into that film and I still prefer 'For A Few Dollars More'. Longer still was '1900' by Bernardo Bertolucci. The cut I saw was 317 minutes long. And I liked it! But I always feel that if you need that much time to tell a story you should think about writing a book. I mean, not to undermine the art but you've got to be realistic. No normal movie-goer would wait that long!

Edited by The Bum-Mobile