What are You Currently Reading?

rvlution

The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Not enjoying it, so I'm just going to stop now and take it back to the library.

Oh, also Lord of the Flies (for English Class, haha). It's fairly good. Very well written, at least.

Atm I'm reading Speaker for the Dead, The Gunslinger, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Mostly Speaker though.

The Awakening by Kate Chopin (for English class).

And Call of Cthulhu and Other Dark Tales by H.P. Lovecraft, as well as House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.

How can you guys read multiple books at a time?? Im an avid reader but i dont think i could ever read multiple books at once. Do you not lose the story/plot, Characters Etc. when you move from book to book?

OT:

Atm im reading nothing :( I cant seem to find anything atm. I really only read Fantasy and Epic Fantasy books (Sometimes abit of Stephen king) and there doesnt seem to be any new material coming onto the market and ive read most of the older stuff.

How can you guys read multiple books at a time??

This is why I hate English Class. You have to read certain books, but I never like to be told what to read. So I'm trying to read my own stuff while reading this crap. Well it's not always bad...

But while reading Lord of the Flies, I was reading the last Lord of the Rings. Very confusing.

How can you guys read multiple books at a time?? Im an avid reader but i dont think i could ever read multiple books at once. Do you not lose the story/plot, Characters Etc. when you move from book to book?

OT:

Atm im reading nothing :( I cant seem to find anything atm. I really only read Fantasy and Epic Fantasy books (Sometimes abit of Stephen king) and there doesnt seem to be any new material coming onto the market and ive read most of the older stuff.

Actually I'm just reading Speaker and I've started the other two. I don't think I would be able to actually read more than one at a time.

I'm currently reading Winkie by Clifford Chase. Fantastic book.

I'm glad I'm almost done the year, though, because I can finally catch up on the classics. I've made it my goal to read the "100 best books ever written." I actually complied the list myself from my research and it includes some really old books. Luckily I've read a handful of them but it's a large list. I'm trying to knock out some like Anna Karenina as soon as possible. Have been wanting to read that for ages now.

Just finished the Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller and I'm going to start reading Kick-Ass. I saw the film and I couldn't help but buy the graphic novel.

I hate to be that comic book nerd in the room, but you just purchased a "trade paperback" - it is a collection of previously released single issues. A true Graphic Novel is an elongated original printing in book form. Even most of the "best graphic novels of all time" such as Watchmen, V for Vendetta, etc... they're not even graphic novels, they're trades. Sorry, had to do it. :p

I'm currently reading Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie, book two of The First Law series. I'm rather enjoying it.

My last read was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, book one of The Kingkiller Chronicle, which was amazing. It was written in first person, which is something I'd never seen in a fantasy book before. Very cool. Can't wait for the second book in the series, but it's been delayed forever...

Other fantasy series I've enjoyed in the last year:

Chronicles of the Necromancer by Gail Z. Martin (Ongoing, 4 books published -- fifth book due 2011)

The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (Ended, 3 books)

Orcs: First Blood and the sequel Orcs: Bad Blood by Stan Nicholls (Ongoing, 5 books published -- final book due this year)

Edited by The Pants Party

Volle by Kyell Gold. The character interactions and setting are interesting I guess but I'm only really reading it because my boyfriend forced me too -.-. It just feels like most of the characters in the book are in arrested development, they have no sense of honor, duty or focus. His previous book Waterways was far far more interesting. I don't actually remember if it was that amazing or not, but it seemed like 90% of the book was written about my life. Except of course for the ending were Cory the main character becomes just a complete and utter douchebag. Kyell seems to have a talent for taking characters you almost like and turning them into children, emotionally I mean.

Now I've started Angels & Demons. My brother forgot it at my house so I decided I would start. After this I'll look for House of Leaves. Probably won't continue Dan Brown's books for a little while.