Top 5 Games you wish you never got

BLUENOSE RFC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. Baldur's Gate -series boxed set - Baldur's Gate is my favorite RPG-series and the second game is on my "Top-5 best games ever"-list, but this is on this list because the boxed set has a faulty disc with it, so I can never play the game to end.

4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - BC2 wasn't a bad game in any way, but I could have done so much more with the 500+ hours I have played the MP.

3. Condemned 2 - Bad game that messed up everything that made the first game good.

2. Dead or Alive 4 - I always liked the fighting on DoA-series, it was slowish, tactical and it didn't rest on kombos. Then DoA 4 came out and messed with everything that was good on the series.

1. Gears of War 1 - Just a horrible horrible game. Not fun at all to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Alien Vs. Predator: A mate went ape about this, insisted it was amazing and I should get it. I never even liked the films so don't know why I bought this anyway. I am sure he wanted me to waste £40. I did.

Operation Flashpoint: A different mate insisted it looked good (it did) and we should all play co-op. Bad idea when one of my mates is about as stealthy and patient as my arsehole after a vindaloo! The game is a good idea executed poorly.

Duke Nukem: Forever: Even for less than a tenner it's truly awful. I am just glad I didn't get it on release - another possible £40 wasted. Only £6 this time, but I did waste £4 worth of points on the Game web-site buying this shit.

Riding Spirits (PS2): This was recommended by the same guy who later went on to stitch me up with AVP... we both love bikes, race ride, everything... he insisted I should get this game as we could 'ride' KR250's, RS125's, just about any bike. Everything about this game made me ashamed to be into bikes. It was only the allure of riding a real bike that stopped me from taking my own life after buying that game. I think it cost me about £12.

Hydrophobia: I got this while it was DOTW - I didn't bother getting the demo as I was naive to think 'for that price I can't go wrong'. After opening 1,000,000 doors, seeing 1,000,000 cut-scenes, I have no idea what the 'story' or game is. I have not a single fucking achievement to show for it and I am 99.9999% sure I will never play that piece of shit again. Maybe I will get the chap who conned me into buying AVP and RS to waste some of his life playing on it.

Mostly just for the 360, I cant remember how I got many of the games before that.

1. Duke Nukem Forever: This game just frustrated me to no end, didnt even beat it before it went back. I felt the gunplay was lacking and boring along with uneeded platforming sections. Ended up losing close to 40 bucks on the thing. Full priced waste of my time.

2. Mercenaries 2: Never held my interest like the first one. Like many, I feel it was a letdown from the first game.

3. Prototype: I feel bad because I got this as a gift, should have never asked for it.

4. Mortal Kombat: I've lost any ability I've ever had at fighting games and it just upsets me now.

5. Resident Evil: Dead Aim (Ps2) : Just a bad light gun game in general

Luigi's mansion. I was stupid as a kid. Spent $40 on it and barely played it. Just couldn't get into it at all

Saints row Same as above, though it was only $9 so not as bad.

Those are actually the only 2 games i can remember not finishing due to complete lack of interest. I guess I hated bejeweled 2 and stopped after 10 minutes, but that came with other awesome XBLA games on a compilation disc.

Even though I impulse buy in-store nearly all my games, i rarely ever regret a purchase. Successfully judging a book by its cover ftw :D

1. Splatterhouse--- repetetive...and fucking boring. waste of 30 bucks.

2. MK arcade kollection- glitched as all hell i feel ripped off

3. Silent hill homecoming - doesnt live up to the elder titles.

dont really have a 4 or 5. but splatterhouse is soooo fucking bad.. DONT EVER BUY THAT GAME ITS AWEFULL!!!

1)Rock Band(1 bought, 2 as a gift)- just couldnt get into it. Felt really boring.

2)Bulletstorm- game was just terrible in my opinion.

3)Resident Evil 5-didnt really amaze me as much as the past games. Hated the "forced" co-op aspect.

4)Silent Hill 3-only because the next day my parents bought it for me. -___-

5)Battlefield 3-couldnt get into the campaign, and the Mp is fun when it works..but not enough for me to want to hold onto it.

1 Leisure Suit Larry: BOB (controls, camera and graphics makes me cry blood)

2 DoA Xtreme 2 (thought a game about girls in bikini would be more fun...)

3 Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 2 (never even finished the game)

4 Far Cry 2 (pain in the ass from start to finish, boring and annoying in so many ways)

5 Two Worlds (seriously, who the h*ll gave this permition to be released!?)