Does anyone read any of Stephen King's books?

E11I077H

I was just writing this post, because there is no mention of Stephen King. Stephen King is an amazing author who has a notorious talent of making you unnerved after reading some of his horror books. He writes horror/thriller and the occasional diary entries.

At the moment i have read about thirty of his book, the stand being my favorite so far. I am currently reading The Dark Tower series and about halfway through 'The Drawing of the Three'.

Did not know if anyone knows him or read any books. Opinions welcome, and if you do not know him, but like horror/thriller dark books. Check him out - The Dark Tower is cross between The Lord of the Rings/ The Wild Wild Rest and is set between Earth and an unknown Planet thing so far.

The Dark Tower is an excellent series of books.

You mentioned reading The Stand. Did you read any of the other "Tower" related books before starting the series?

[spoiler=Explanation of Mid-World]Also, Roland's world isn't another planet. It's a reality connected to Earth through portals and sometimes things bleed through ("Hey Jude" existing, albeit in an altered form, in both our world and Roland's world).

Edited by ViewAskewFan

I used to be a huge fan of Stephen King. Read a lot of his books, including the books under his pseudonym "Richard Bachman". As above poster stated, The Dark Tower series is excellent.

It should be noted a movie is in he works.... http://www.darktowermovies.com/

Lately I have been reading George R.R. Martin, Piers Anthony, Philip K. Dick, and my all time favorite author William Gibson.

Holy Shit. I knew it. Most of Stephen Kings book are subtly implied about the Dark Tower. I have read heaps, not sure about exact titles. But Hearts for Atlantis? A huge reference when Ted gets taken away, to serve the crimson king, for the beam of the tower (Dark Tower?)

Yes, i definitively have.

I've read several of his works; The Stand (cotdayum this novel is a mindblower) IT (10x scarier and more warped than the TV mini series with Tim Curry) Desperation, Cujo, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, about 1/3 of Insomnia.

I'm into his vivid descriptions and out-there imagination which he displays so well in his novels.

My older bro was a mega fan and read almost his entire collection during his teens/early 20s before moving onto more eerrmm...high-brow authors.

I am very aware of Stephen King and know his books are well reputed, and have been thinking about reading some of his books.

Only problem is, I do like watching horror films, but if it's a good film, I do get freaked out and scared of the dark and what horrors lurk in it.

Mayhaps when I get round to buying a book or two by him I'll have to read in on the go while also reading the Chronicles of Narnia, or some Terry Pratchett, something really not scary, so I don't go to bed and have nightmares. - I've been shown on YouTube some clips from the film It, and I am going to have that horrifying image of Tim Curry as the clown from hell the whole way through reading that book.

Dark Tower was the Iast l read from Stephen King. The ënding öf the series was the singIe möst regrëttablë ënding ever!! l told my bestie.. shë's the përson whö got më started on this series that feII bëhind in her readings, to stöp in böök 7 when Stephen King suggests that they stöp reading or be disappöinted. But rëaIIy thöugh, that is such an unfair thing to ask! Përhaps the mövie wiII dö better. AIsö anyönë whö likes King's bööks shöuld read “On Writing.” It's a nön-fictiön böök && the titlë sums it all up. He includës a list of fictiön bööks by öther authörs that hë recömmends^^

Edited by Royalty

Yeah I want to start reading the Dark Tower Series again as soon as I get done this book for school. Have to read "To Kill A Mockingbird." Not bad, and I know it's a classic, but I really want to start reading Stephen King again.

I've honestly seen more movies based on his books than having read the books themselves. :\ But last year I picked up one of his lastest books, Full Dark, No Stars, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned. It's basically a culmination of three short stories, and so far it's been no less than I'd expect from Mr. King. Absolutely fantastic.

I've honestly seen more movies based on his books than having read the books themselves. :\ But last year I picked up one of his lastest books, Full Dark, No Stars, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned. It's basically a culmination of three short stories, and so far it's been no less than I'd expect from Mr. King. Absolutely fantastic.

That gave me willies during day && night.. really got under my skin. It was a hard read for me because it was so raw && disturbing && all.. but still couldn't stop reading.. I prefer more of the thriller type of novels though^^

That gave me willies during day && night.. really got under my skin. It was a hard read for me because it was so raw && disturbing && all.. but still couldn't stop reading.. I prefer more of the thriller type of novels though^^

My sister mentioned the same about that book. She is a huge Stephan King fan. I used to read a lot of his books, but now I barely read.

I've just got into Stephen Kings' books a few months ago actually. Finished "It" last month and really enjoyed it. Took about 100 or so pages to get into it, but was definitely worth reading. Right now I'm reading Apt Pupil (has 3 short stories in it Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and The Body). I'm thinking of reading The Stand next, that is if I can ever find the book :p

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a BIG King fan. Got most of his works in hardcover. REALLY wish I could find IT, The Shining, Eyes of the Dragon, On Writing, Danse Macabre, Cycle of the Werewolf and Night Shift in hardcover.

I also wish he'd finish "The Plant"....

Seductive Noodle.. There are 2 versions of The Stand. The original one, then the Revised one, with 1000 more pages roughly added back in.

Edited by morgul maggot