Tip for everything

Birth Mark

I figured this out a while ago, but was too lazy to post it.

Only enemies that you see on your screen will attack you, or an enemy you looked at who has started an attack. When a group of demons pop up and you need help, turn around and look at the corner, no one will attack you until you are able to see them on your camera. This is useful for clearing out tons of enemies.

P.S. I think this just may be a Capcom thing, works in RE6 in most cases as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I thought all DMC games had that feature? Ever since the original.

I'm not sure about the OG Devil May Cry, but the sequels definitely had this. It's built this way so an enemy that can, say, shoot lightning bolts can't one shot you across the area without you even seeing where he is.

I don't think DMC 1 did, though, because the Phantoms could do their jumping knife attack from behind you, which has led to a couple of deaths.

I'm not sure about the OG Devil May Cry, but the sequels definitely had this. It's built this way so an enemy that can, say, shoot lightning bolts can't one shot you across the area without you even seeing where he is.

I don't think DMC 1 did, though, because the Phantoms could do their jumping knife attack from behind you, which has led to a couple of deaths.

See, thinking back. I thought the shotgun puppets wouldn't fire at you if they were off screen. Just can't remember clearly.. Same with blade puppets from what I remember. They would never throw their blades at you when off screen. Hmmm.. :confused:

See, thinking back. I thought the shotgun puppets wouldn't fire at you if they were off screen. Just can't remember clearly.. Same with blade puppets from what I remember. They would never throw their blades at you when off screen. Hmmm.. :confused:

yeah they defo try to fire it off screen i remember the noise they make when they are going for it lol.

bayonetta also has this exploit

yeah they defo try to fire it off screen i remember the noise they make when they are going for it lol.

You're right! Thanks for jogging my memory! I remember the blade puppets would 'wind up' off screen and you had to listen for the sound effect. While vague, such good memories of the first game. Haven't played it since it released on PS2..

You're right! Thanks for jogging my memory! I remember the blade puppets would 'wind up' off screen and you had to listen for the sound effect. While vague, such good memories of the first game. Haven't played it since it released on PS2..

yh man haha i remember that sound effect.

should try the hd collection well worth revisiting the old dmc games....except 2 i dont like dmc 2