Can't play online

keung

When I try to play this game online, all I get is a message saying "You have lost your connection to the MONOPOLY Streets Servers."

I've tried several things, restarting router, restarting xbox, downloading DLC, clearing cache, deleting save, playing another EA game online first (Army of Two: TFD), but nothing seem to work.

Does anyone have this problem? This is quite frustrating...

Edit:

I also dl'd the EA Sports thingie and that also connected fine to the EA Servers. What the crap? This game is balls >_>

Edited by keung

Apparently they haven't. I was supposed to boost the online achievements with another guy from the UK, and he said he could connect to the servers.

I've also seen another person on my friends list recently play it online.

I'm starting to wonder if it's at my end or if there's something really messed up with the online portion of this game...

I'm also having the same "cannot connect to EA servers" error message. I cannot edit my EA profile in game either.

I found this thread on ps3trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/monopoly-streets/107000-ea-servers-not-available-3.html

It suggested "re-linking" your profile to EA using another title, suggesting NFS:Shift2, NFS:undercover, Dead Space 2, Madden12 demo, etc.

I've tried Madden12 demo and NFS undercover and neither work to resolve the problem. Anyone else have any luck fixing the problem with another title or through another method?

Okay, I have the on-demand version, I was afraid that was the problem, but if you have the retail version I doubt that's it. I've posted on the EA forums, in addition to TRYING to contact EA through their costumer support system, but even there I get an error message.

Hopefully I'll get a response on their forums. I'd try live chat, but all I ever get out of that are standard nonsense responses.

I too had the same issue where it tells me it cannot connect to EA servers.

I have Verizon Fios Internet with a router/modem unit.

My in laws have a different ISP and they have separate modem and router.

At first I loaded the game at their house and got the same error I got at my house about not being able to connect.

I plugged their xbox directly into the modem and bam it connected right away.

I would assume it is conflicting with the router settings but I cannot be sure.

I do know that this seems to be the only way I can get this game to connect online.

Well I don't see why I would need to perma have a wired connection but they really need to fix their servers.

Spent a hour or 2 on that annoying live chat thing, at the end they tried suggesting a refund, a discount for origin............ Now I'm forced to wait till my game redownloads, I have still got nowhere with this game online.

Ea couldn't even test their own servers which worrys me a lot but they have told me they have forwarded it to the developers.

Maybe the game (the EA servers) needs to have some weird ports open. Though, I don't know which ports they need, and I have no clue how to find them. I cannot use EA's support system (gives me an error), so I cannot ask them either. Maybe someone else could look into this?

That's exactly the problem with live chat support, especially at big companies. They've got a bunch of people who know absolutely nothing and quite frankly the only thing they know is in a knowledge base they keep searching over and over again. This is probably also where the e-mail support gets their standard answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are having no issues when you connect your 360 directly into the modem, it's likely due to strict NAT settings on your router. Try restarting your router. If that doesn't help, you can try putting your 360 into a DMZ or forwarding the ports necessary. There are guides for this online, just Google "xbox live strict NAT."

I have to restart my router pretty much every time I turn my xbox on (partly because I have a crappy router for now). A strict NAT will allow you to connect to xbox live, but it may take awhile to find matches (it used to take me 5-10 minutes to find a match in Black Ops before I figured it out) or in this case, not be able to connect to the game's online servers at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't play for a month because of this issue then one day playing around I found a fix that has worked for me ever since.

Try going to settings, system, then storage. Highlight your storage device (dont select it) and you will see you can press Y for device options. Press Y and go to clear system cache and press A then select yes. I had problems with Monopoly Streets not letting me play online and giving me disconnected from server issues, loading times, lagging, and freezing up before the update. I found this option by playing around. It fixed a lot of issues I was having. I now do it once a week and have not had anymore issues. Let me know if it works for you.