Rate the last movie you saw

3whiplash

The Green Mile - Frank Darabont (8.7/10)

The Green Mile - Stephen King (10/10)

I watched the movie right after finishing the book. Although I like Frank Darabont, the movie was lacking something that the book had, and I can't really name it. It was a great adaptation, but I cried three times while reading the book, and didn't even tear up for the movie. I think the characters lacked depth in the movie, as opposed to the book. The book really humanized the characters, especially Eduard Delacroix, which just made it that much sadder to see them walk the green mile.

They did a great job casting though.

Just watched Snowpiercer on netflix:

Very good 9/10, really interesting take on the post-apocalyptic story with an interesting cast. I would definitely recommend

I also watch Neighbors:

Funny movie, some lame humor but still interesting and I think worth a watch if you want some brainless laughs

7.5/10

The last films I saw in cinema were Interstellar and Mockingjay Part 1.

Interstellar was incredible. Having hearing all the hype I went in to watch the film with a sense I was about to see something good, usually this doesn't end well and I feel let down, but let's be honest here, it's a Chris Nolan film. I was blown away with pretty much every aspect of the film, the plot, the attempts a family and feelings as such linked with a sci-fi genre and in depth thought-out storyline and the unbelievable 'picture'. Chris Nolan doesn't make bad films, he doesn't even make good films, personally, he makes exceptional films and Interstellar was perhaps the best yet again for me. 9/10 - Up there with my all-time favourites such as The Godfather, brilliant film.

Having read the Hunger Games series I knew that Mockingjay Part 1 was going to be a very hard film to make exciting on the back of the previous two film adaptations of the books. What occurred in the film was probably as good as it ever could be seeing that the book was broken down into two parts in order to no doubt rake in the money but in fairness tell the story of the final book the best extent. Without doubt Part 2 will blow it's predecessor out of the water but maybe still fall short of the second film / book in my eyes. 7/10 - A generous 7/10. If I hadn't read the books I think I would be rating it closer to a 4 or 5/10!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140723224423/american-history-media/images/thumb/4/43/Fury_%28David_Ayer_%E2%80%93_2014%29_banner.jpg/800px-Fury_%28David_Ayer_%E2%80%93_2014%29_banner.jpg

Fury (2014) [7/10]

Quite enjoyed the movie with all the cool actors until the ending hence my rating. As a German it's very much fun to listen to Brad's German lines.

http://imdbgame.ir/movie/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/nightcrawler_ver3-nightcrawler-poster-3.jpeg

Nightcrawler (2014) [6/10]

Was looking forward to this one, especially after I watched the trailer. Great fan of Jake Gyllenhaal and Bill Paxton but I expected more. A one time watch for me.

Snowpiercer - 7/10

Pretty good flick, with some excellent social commentary in it. Even if the very end was a bit of a letdown, still an enjoyable movie.

But lately my track record seems to be that if I enjoy it, everybody else will hate it.

So you'll probably hate it.

Finally got round to watching Guardians of the Galaxy and it was as amazing as I expected it to be. Definitely one of my favourite Marvel films and really annoyed I didn't watch it at the cinema :( 10/10

Also watched Godzilla again for the second time and I still love it. Will always be a 10/10 for me.

Thank you for reminding me that Guardians of the Galaxy is about to be released. I didn't get around to seeing it in the theater either and I have been waiting for the blu-ray. It looks awesome though!

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

8.1/10

Had to watch this for my Visual Design class. A very touching European film that depicts the story of french journalist Jean-Dominique Bauby, who suffered from a stroke at the age of 42 and awoke 3 weeks later with locked-in syndrome. He lived long enough to write a memoir, even though his only form of communication was blinking one functioning eyelid. Quite an amazing story. True story by the way.

10/10

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/there_will_be_blood_movie_poster_rolling_roadshow_2010_olly_moss.jpg

Watching a third time, easily one of the best movies of this generation.

Image is broken bud.

Lemme guess though, the Departed? That movie is a 10/10 from me. Just so fucking good.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3/5

Meh? I went into this with somewhat high expectations because people seemed to suggest it was the best of these types of movies in awhile. Seemed kinda ordinary to me. People also said it was funny but I only found myself chuckling at one or two parts. Not sure what else to say.

[/url]x men jean grey

Edited by harryrappe

It was There Will Be Blood. The Departed is good too.

There Will Be Blood; the most pretentious duo in filmmaking history. Paul Thomas Anderson directing Daniel Day-Lewis. Final product? Visually attractive, a brutally tedious plot, one perfect scene (bowling scene). And of course a brilliant performance by DDL, but who would have thought any less of an actor who takes a role once every 3 years.

From what I can remember I gave it a 75% on rotten tomatoes. Yet so many people liked it, so I don't blame you, hell even the critics gave it a 91%

Lady in Black - Brocliffe did a good job acting, couple scary scenes but not a great plot and not enough scares.

6/10

Atari: Game Over - Interesting doc that really delved into why the E.T. game came out the way it did and a look into the early industry, plus the fall of the Atari company.

8/10

The Interview - I enjoyed it, nothing particularly great or bad with the film.

7/10