Achievement Guide and Roadmap

ROADMAP

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10 if played any in this series, 3/10 if not.

- Offline: 50 (1000 )

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 7-10 hours “Last Minute Traitor” method, or 50-80 hours legit.

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 5 total but many separate missions after.

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitched achievements: None/Kind of (Must save after everything in order to unlock. If you don’t save, the system won’t register it. Refer to the guide to see how even when beating a mission with an officer, if you switch that officer out and haven’t saved, the game does not register you ever beating a mission with him/her.

- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

Introduction:

Yet another branch on the Koei hack n slash Warrior’s game tree. This is another Empires version expanding on the Dynasty Warriors 6 game. This game is a bit harder than the other empire games, as you lose out on getting the ability to make neutral bases. You can gain all of the achievements on Easy Mode. If this is your first Empires game, then read the rest of the introduction. If not you may move forward to step 1.

Character: In this game you will be controlling one main character. You pick a scenario you want to play, and pick any character mentioned below in the guide. Those officers are not generic and have a unique look to them. They are generally much stronger and have better fighting techniques.

Ruler Mode: In ruler mode you will be in charge of making the decisions. The object of the game is to be ruler of the whole country. Each area is a different color based on what ruler owns it. You will get cards that help you gain money, troops, allies, extra attack strength, and all kinds of things. These are the bread and butter of this mode. You must pay your officers and a salary each month which is automatic. The stronger in power and rank you get, the more cards you can play and more money and officers you can handle You will get attacked and have to defend, and in order to gain more areas you must attack the boarding rulers. You have the option of stepping down and becoming a ruler at any point in time if you want.

Officer Mode: You are under one main ruler. You can move under the rule of anyone and move around the board as you please as a vagrant, if are under no ruler. You can seize control of someone’s land and become the ruler, but be warned this is extremely hard if you have no allies and are low level. Even on easy mode you will be dominated! Basically you can do mercenary missions and various events to gain levels, ranks with the ruler, gain money, and generally make yourself powerful. The game gets easier as you go along. You do not have to be the ruler to win a scenario, just be on the winning team at the end when the whole country is under one’s command.

Bases: These are the key ingredients to winning the battles. They are in a little box looking shape on the map, and have either your control or the enemy’s. The ones you want to protect are blue. The ones you will attack are red. When you arrive to a base, displayed above is a number generally around 200. You must kill soldiers, lieutenants, officers, and anything with a name above it such as the siege weapons. The soldiers count as 1, whereas lieutenants and guard captains are 20 and up. Get it to zero and the base is yours. You must string together bases so that you can attack the main base. Once you get the main base to under 100 units, the commander appears. Beat him and you win the battle. (Note: If an officer arrives, the number displayed goes up and you have to kill him. Sometimes while in the main camp, many officers you beat previously will show up making the displayed number increase sometimes to 700! Beat these officers first.

There is so much more to write, but all of it will come along with playing the game and learning it yourself. It has a limited amount of tutorials you can read within the game, but other than that you are on your own to learn the system. I gave a few quick explanations just to get you started.

Step 1:

First you will want to beat all of the scenarios. I highly suggest at first you play for a little bit getting used to things. Beat a few good amount of mercenary missions and gain lots of money until it is around 30,000 in funds. Buy the Red Hare. You will never have to buy it again after this, as you get to keep it as long as you pick it as a bonus for the next scenarios. Just read my description below for the “Last Minute Traitor” method when you want to finish everything quickly. Make plenty of saves as you see fit. Never erase over a “cleared scenario”. Continue/load from one, and save the next one under it. This will help you accumulate bonuses to pick, such as keeping your horse or having more money at the start of the game.

Step 2:

Now that you have beaten all the scenarios and feeling pretty good about yourself for backstabbing everyone, go ahead and see what bonus objectives you need in the Archives section under “Get Bonuses”. Read my description in the guide to see how to get the ones you did not get. Once you have gotten them done, buy all Wallpaper, Outfits, and Voices. Once you have bought them all, back out and save for the achievement to unlock

Step 3:

Now all you should have left is the character related achievements. Copy and paste my list of characters onto some kind of document program, and as you beat a mission with each character, delete the name or put a check mark by it or however you think is best. Once done, you will have a full 1000 in it.

Conclusion:

Play everything on Easy if you want a quicker 1000. Playing on harder difficulties forces you to play more. Remember, like in all the other Empire games, SAVE! You must save in order to get the achievement. They will never pop up as you do things. You have plenty of save files to save on, use them. I had around 12 total at the end of everything. The objectives are accumulative throughout your saves. The biggest drawback in the game, is any character you level is only that level on the specific scenario save. Once you start a new one, everyone refreshes back to level 1. You can only keep your horses and weapon levels if you choose so with bonus points. Good luck!

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s1.jpgUnlocked All Bonuses 115 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by unlocking all bonus material

In the main menu when you start the game up, two places to the right is the “Archives”. In this option contains four categories. The first is “Get Bonuses”. This lists the objectives for getting bonus points, which you spend on the bonus material contained in the other three categories.

Category 1: Objectives

There are a total of 120,000 bonus points you can gain total. To get this achievement you will need a total of 90,000 bonus points. This means you do not have to do every single objective. I will provide which are the fastest/easiest to do, so that you don’t waste your time.

Complete "____" Scenario: There are 5 objectives that you get for just completing every scenario. At 9000 each, this bags you 45,000 points by default. I want to make this are clear as I can, so I am going to write down the ones you will want to get as description by conditions needed to be met.

Complete a mercenary mission:You can only do mercenary missions as an officer. You will be doing a ton of these while obtaining the played character achievements.

Complete an assigned mission:Can only be done as an officer. The ruler will assign missions every 3 months. Just complete one of these battles.

Complete an invasion:Can be done as either ruler, or officer. When you attack another area for control, you are invading it. As ruler, you have to pick an area boarding your area. As an officer, you will be assigned this from time to time. If you are high enough ranked you can suggest one.

Complete a defending battle:With the method you will be using, you will have a ton of chances to defend in a battle. This can be done as either an officer or a ruler.

Win a battle after deflecting to other side: You will be doing a lot of this as well during the course of my suggested methods of beating each scenario. During battle, hit start and choose deflect, then win.

Win a battle after executing a surprise attack: During the start of the battle, hold LT and RT. You can even press LT, then while holding press RT if you wanted. This will initiate a surprise attack timer, usually around 20 seconds. You must race to a base controlled by the enemy. At first this wasn’t working for me at all, until I ran to a base that was not connected to one of my own. Then it worked every time. You must run into it without hitting anyone or running by another officer.

Strengthen player’s weapon level to 10:You can do this by playing your chosen character a lot and doing lots of battles and earning it like I did, or you can do it this easy way I found. As you complete scenarios you will be gaining a completely different kind of bonus points to get extras for your next game. You just have to continue from a cleared game. Picking the two bonuses for money will net you 61,000 in funds. This will get you to level 9 with 1000 funds left over. Just be a ruler, and wait out the months and skip everything until you get this amount. If you are lucky you will be awarded money from an officer which makes this very quick.

Obtain the Red Hare warhorse: This is the best horse. You will want this regardless and it should be the first thing you save up and buy. You have to be in a “stables” location or own one of the areas that have one to be able to select this option. If you are horrible with money, use the level 10 weapon method.

Swear an oath with an officer: You will gain this through playing as an officer. There is no easy way to get this, as it appears randomly. Just keep skipping months, do a few battles or mercenary missions here and there will be an event you can choose to gain an officer that wants to swear an oath.

Conquer 12, 16, and 20, and all territories:These will all be obtained through regular play, as you beat the first scenario.

Become rivals with an allied officer: There is usually an officer that gets jealous of your good standings with the ruler as you play. I don’t believe this cannot be obtained in my “easy scenario beating method”. Just skip months and here and there do a few missions for the ruler. I think you may have to rank up a few times. I got this through just playing, I didn’t try for it

Villagers or allies ask you to overthrow their leader: I actually got this right away, upon starting my first scenario. If you become a vagrant right away (not an officer or a ruler) you will be asked at certain points by a villager in the town you are in, if you can over throw their leader. You don’t have to actually complete any mission. Just make sure you save at some point after they ask.

Complete an invasion without using a Musou attack: Just as it says, do not press B at any point in a battle where you are invading a territory.

Get 1000 K.O.s on horseback, Complete a battle without taking damage, and Complete a battle without taking damage while having 1000 K.O.s: You can get all of these objectives by playing Crush Insurrection which is a mercenary mission. This one is obtainable after playing a bunch of other random mercenary missions. This mission is easiest to do it on, because it has a 10 minute time limit to beat 1000 enemies. You do not have to beat a commander at the end because once you hit 1000 you are done. Be on your Red Hare horse and run around hitting people while on it usually killing them in one hit. Save after every couple hundred just in case. This can be done on other missions but this is the easiest one I have found.

Complete an invasion within 8 minutes:Best to have the Red Hare for maximum speed. You will be able to get this pretty easily. Just hit up the bases and kill the commander at the main camp.

You may noticed there are 2000 extra points if you had completed all of these. It’s all up to you which ones you get, the ones I didn’t do were because I was an officer the first time I played, then I did every other scenario with my “cheap method”. Pick any of the ones with 2000 that you can’t or don’t want to do, and you can skip them. If you gain a different objection than I mentioned because you were a ruler, go ahead and try to skip any of the ones I mentioned. It all just has to add up to 90,000. Every bonus costs 300 points. When you get enough, just go buy everything to unlock this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s2.jpgCleared All Scenarios 90 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by reaching the end of all scenarios

"Last Minute Stand Method"

To beat each scenario, you can spend more than 10-15 hours on each one depending on what route you take and if you play all the mercenary missions. This is an exhausting experience, and after clocking in 35 hours by just playing one scenario, I needed to find a faster method. And I did. I will be calling this “The Last Minute Traitor.” Be completely empty of being or having a ruler. All you do now? Keep hitting start! Simulate the months. Keep doing this and eventually you will notice certain areas becoming more powerful. When there are only around 2, maybe 3 rulers left controlling the map, go ahead and join one! Keep simulating and getting free money. Whenever asked to defend, don’t. You want the ruler you are fighting for to lose. If you want you can choose to play and lose it on purpose. You may notice one major issue. Your character is an extremely low level, be that level 1 to 20 depending on what the ruler has been picking for assignments. Don’t worry for now, keep going as you are. You will notice in the events sometimes there will be people requesting to join you. Accept them, for they are all leveled up to what you need to be which is around level 45-50. Upgrade the most powerful one with all the money you haven’t been using. The most annoying thing I found in the game has been the merchant, who constantly interrupts you with a horrible offer wanting almost all your money for stupid things. Just keep declining him. Now that you have a powerhouse officer, make sure they are set as Player 1. You could have spent your money earlier on training, as it effects any character you control. If not, do that now. With any extra money, use it to upgrade his weapon in the forge. Once you have only one area left, against the ruler who has everything else, go ahead defend that battle. Once started, run around letting things go bad for your ruler. Then, hit start and deflect. You are now on the winning side! Win and you have just beaten the whole scenario you were playing. Extremely fast and easy!

Another option When there is one or two areas left, step down and save. Then if the last area hasn’t been attacked, move to any area and join it as an officer. Then you skip invasion and get a level 50 character easily and upgrade him completely before invading for the final attack. This lets you prep a little easier for the last battle.

Edited by Tyger7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s3.jpgCleared ''Yellow Turbans'' 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by reaching the end of the ''Yellow Turban Rebellion'' scenario

See “The Last Minute Traitor” method description on “Cleared All Scenarios” achievement description.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s4.jpgCleared ''Three Kingdoms'' 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by reaching the end of the ''Three Kingdoms'' scenario

See “The Last Minute Traitor” method description on “Cleared All Scenarios” achievement description.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s5.jpgCleared ''A Land in Chaos'' 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s6.jpgCleared ''Battle of Guan Du'' 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by reaching the end of the ''Battle of Guan Du'' scenario

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s7.jpgCleared ''Battle of Chi Bi'' 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by reaching the end of the ''Battle of Chi Bi'' scenario

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s8.jpgSon of the God of War 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Guan Ping

After beating all scenarios, continue from the last one you played that is cleared. Click on the bonuses option and make sure you get the 2 extra funds and the keep horses one. Pick “A Land In Chaos” scenario and choose the mentioned character in the achievement description , as this is the only scenario that gives you a choice to pick any of the officers from the start. You will want to start as an officer. Right away move to the Jian Ye area which is the third area up from the bottom. Upgrade as you please, and start a mercenary mission that has you beating the tigers (any will do). They are bigger than the wolves, and easier to hit while on horseback. The map will be mostly random, some taking longer than others. After mission start, pay attention to where the 2 areas blink on the mini map. Each of the areas have 3 tigers each to beat. You have to kill the ones with the names above their heads, for example if you picked flame tigers you will be killing the ones that say “Flame Tiger” above their head. There is a total of 6 you will kill. It will only take you between 2-5 minutes for each character you do this method with. I will list for you in alphabetical order and in which empire they are in. Just copy and paste this list into a word document or notepad and delete the ones you get to keep track. I suggest continuing from your last scenario and saving on the last file. Just keep saving over that last file every time you beat a mission with the used officer. You MUST SAVE in order to get the achievement. If not and you load a new scenario up with another officer, you will not unlock it. Also, if you are playing as an officer and you use one of the officers under you as a player, you have to save to get the achievement. The officer must be in your “party” so to speak, in order for it to unlock. If you trade him out for another friend and save, for some reason it will not register.

Wei Empire

Cao Cao

Cao Pi

Cao Ren

Dian Wei

Sima Yi

Xiahou Dun

Xiahou Yuan

Xu Huang

Xu Zhu

Zhang He

Zhang Liao

Zhen Ji

Wu Empire

Gan Ning

Huang Gai

Ling Tong

Lu Meng

Lu Xun

Sun Ce

Sun Jian

Sun Quan

Sun Shang Xiang

Taishi Ci

Xiao Qiao

Zhou Tai

Zhou Yu

Shu Empire

Guan Ping

Guan Yu

Huang Zhong

Liu Bei

Ma Chao

Pang Tong

Wei Yan

Yue Ying

Zhang Fei

Zhao Yun

Zhuge Liang

Other

Diao Chan

Dong Zhuo

Lu Bu

Meng Huo

Yuan Shao

Zhang Jiao

Edited by Tyger7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s9.jpgA Challenger Appears 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as a custom character

You must create a custom character. Jump into Edit Mode from the main menu. Click an empty file and edit as you wish. Once done save the character. Do what was mentioned above for the completing mission achievement. The character will be listed in the “Edit” Empire on the last tab. Take note, you do not have to pick Custom Characters to “ON” when on the difficulty/settings screen. It is something entirely different.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s10.jpgFeared Throughout the Land 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhang Liao

See "Son of the God of War" achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s11.jpgMan of Vision 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Cao Cao

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s12.jpgUnrivaled Ambition 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Cao Pi

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s13.jpgBringer of Peace 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Cao Ren

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s14.jpgMenace on the Battlefield 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Dian Wei

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s15.jpgMaster of Intrigue 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Sima Yi

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s16.jpgOne-Eyed Wolf 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Xiahou Dun

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s17.jpgQuick as Lightning 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Xiahou Yuan

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s18.jpgThe Warrior's Art 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Xu Huang

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s19.jpgGourmand 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Xu Zhu

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s20.jpgRefined Warrior 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhang He

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s21.jpgEnchanting Beauty 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhen Ji

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s22.jpgRough-and-tumble 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Gan Ning

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s23.jpgPillar of Wu 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Huang Gai

See "Son of the God of War" achievement

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s24.jpgCold as Ice 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Ling Tong

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s25.jpgTriumph of Knowledge 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Lu Meng

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s26.jpgRising Star of Wu 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Lu Xun

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s27.jpgHot Blooded 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Sun Ce

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s28.jpgTiger of Jiang Dong 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Sun Jian

Edited by Tyger7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s29.jpg Young Tiger 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Sun Quan

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s30.jpgTomboy of Sun 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Sun Shang Xiang

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s31.jpgUnwavering Honor 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Taishi Ci

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s32.jpgExquisite Flower 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Xiao Qiao

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s33.jpgSilent Warrior 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhou Tai

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s34.jpgLoyal Companion 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhou Yu

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s35.jpgGod of War 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Guan Yu

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s36.jpgSeasoned Veteran 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Huang Zhong

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s37.jpgBenevolent Ruler 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Liu Bei

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s38.jpgRighteous Crusader 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Ma Chao

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s39.jpgMysterious Traveler 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Pang Tong

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s40.jpgFierce Barbarian 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Wei Yan

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s41.jpgBrains and Beauty 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Yue Ying

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s42.jpgJovial Warrior 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhang Fei

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s43.jpgLittle Dragon 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhao Yun

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s44.jpgMaster of Strategy 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhuge Liang

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s45.jpgElegant Dancer 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Diao Chan

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s46.jpgParadise of Tyranny 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Dong Zhuo

See Son of the God of War achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s47.jpgMightiest in the Land 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Lu Bu

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s48.jpgNanman King 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Meng Huo

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s49.jpgProud Nobleman 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Yuan Shao

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1020/s50.jpgGrand Master 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Cleared by completing a battle as Zhang Jiao

Edited by Tyger7

Thanks, took me a bit to write it all. I wrote it after I got all 1000 and not during, so I had to go back and look at some stuff. I have not read the manual! Does it really sound like one? The guide instructions mentioned to pretend a person didn't have the game manual! So I guess that is a good thing. :)

You should give Barnash guy from the other guide some credit

After all he was the first to mention the Betrayal method

I think the betrayal method is really lame and ruin the whole point of the game but it only my opinion.

if you play 2 or three scenario normally you should be able to finish most of the objective and 3/4 of the officer achievement. It save you the boredom of going through the whole through all the character in one go

You should enjoy the game first then go for achivement.

You should give Barnash guy from the other guide some credit

After all he was the first to mention the Betrayal method

I think the betrayal method is really lame and ruin the whole point of the game but it only my opinion.

if you play 2 or three scenario normally you should be able to finish most of the objective and 3/4 of the officer achievement. It save you the boredom of going through the whole through all the character in one go

You should enjoy the game first then go for achivement.

Actually, I had not read his post about until after I had already finished the guide. If you go back to that post, underneath it I explained. Mine is a bit different and takes around 30 minutes less because this way you don't actually have to level your guy, you just grab an officer that wants to join you that's already 50 and play as him. You only play around 1 maybe 2 actual battles. I did this method 2 nights ago on my own without reading anything on this site. Sorry if you thought I was cheating someone out of a strategy, it's obviously something other people will find out (and in different ways)

Also, I did play 25-30 hours normally in the first scenario. I got level 10 weapon on my own, and also used around 10 characters before rushing through it. I know what you mean about playing the game, but some people dont have the time to play every single scenario legit. I had spent countless hours leveling everyone to 99 with 4th weapons on warriors orochi 2 to have to spend more than 30 hours on this one :)

Edited by Tyger7

For once Tyger, you hit the nail on the head, haha. Good job brother!

What do you mean for once!? :)

The character Gan Ning was really good for me, as he is extremely quick. Cao Cao is the only one who seems to be readily available on every scenario, though I did not really like his fighting moves. What you can do, is simulate as an officer and your allies will gain levels but you will not. Then when you want, you can switch to one of the allies and use him instead. If having trouble still, pick the scenario where you can be any character, and choose one you like best. You should do this after getting all the character achievements, that way you played as everyone. Just focus on leveling that character and doing a bunch of mercenary missions. You should eventually be overpowered and be able to accomplish any mission easily. I hope this helps!

Oh yeah, and I would like to thank Ace5010 (I think that was his gamertag, I accidenlty deleted his message). After having to modify the copy and paste list of characters which were broken down into empires, I accidently had deleted Cao Cao. He has been added to the list again. Thanks Ace for updating me so that other people didn't miss it!

Awesome guide. As a matter of fact I got so hyped remembering DW while browsing through your guide, that I actually ordered the game out of Amazon.uk (was the last copy also, lol!), so Koei should give you some royalties or something. :D

I did what you said not to do, and I saved over a cleared scenario. Now I have the problem that I have cleared some Bonus Point objectives but don't have the points to show. Does this mean:

• You need to complete the scenario to gain the bonus points?
  • The points are now unattainable?

If someone could answer on my wall or a PM I would be very appreciative :)