Horde Soloing - All 50 Waves On Insane

Vindicator51

First of all, this method depends on how fast you are at completing waves, and it also needs a good aiming / perfect reload skill. I want to post this in a thread for itself, so people can benefit from it.

This will unlock both the Insane medal and the achievement for 50 waves.

----------------------------------------------

Mandatory Mutators for completing this.

Infinite Ammo

Super Reload

----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

What weapons did i use? - Lancer and Gnasher.

--------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What Fortifications did i use? - Level 2 Barrier(Barbed Wire) Sentries for distractions.

One barrier down the hill, and one under the safe spot. One sentry down the hill and one at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Boss waves possible with this method

Brumak, Reavers, Normal Berserkers (Lambent Berserker is impossible)

(The damage from a Super Reloaded Lancer will kill even normal Berserkers eventually after a few clips)

---------------------------------

What map is this possible on?

Trenches - Middle base on the map.

---------------------------------

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8797/billede0074.th.jpg

^ This is the safe spot as i call it. If you sit there when the wave starts, and when the wave has begun, the enemies will be somewhat less aggressive, but still shoot after you from a distance. Maulers will typically stand still, but Boomers and Grinders are likely to move around a bit. Grenadier Elite will also kill you in one shot from wave 31+.

One thing you need to know, is that if you start moving slightly to the right, the enemies will start charging towards you. I did this to attract enemies when i was unable to kill them from a distance.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/221/billede0073a.th.jpg

^ This is what can happen when you sit in that exact safe spot on Brumak waves. It's unable to shoot you, but you can kill it from there.

Note - I'm using Infinite Ammo with the Lancer and Super Reload. Without the 2nd mutator, the enemies will take a ton of bullets to kill. If you don't get the correct boss, then you can die and reload untill you do.

Edited by Vindicator51

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOes this still get you the achievement and the medal for completing on Insane with Mutators active?

You can lure the brumak to the right, it will stop in full view and still cant hit you

Both the achievement and Insane medal will be obtained using this.

Also, the image is just one of my Brumak experiences. The spot should be Rocket Volley safe.

Which barriers and turrets did you use?

The closest ones to you?

I used the barrier down the hill, and the one right under the safe spot. I didn't use barriers above level 3 because they will just destroy them. They will still destroy the barbed wires eventually, but it will slow them down and give you time to react.

The turret in the front is the most likely to distract them, but i used both of the turrets at that base.

Edited by Vindicator51

I used the barrier down the hill, and the one right under the safe spot. I didn't use barriers above level 3 because they will just destroy them. They will still destroy the barbed wires eventually, but it will slow them down and give you time to react.

The turret in the front is the most likely to distract them, but i used both of the turrets at that base.

Lol I'm expecting the enemies just to stand still; I assume they still do hunt you down - you're just better equipped to deal with them faster?

Lol I'm expecting the enemies just to stand still; I assume they still do hunt you down - you're just better equipped to deal with them faster?

Some of them will still hunt you down, but they're far less agressive than if you do it the normal horde way.

Grenader Elite is very likely to do this, and these will kill you in one shot from wave 30+.

Nice guide, but what do you have to do to get the mutators?

SUPER RELOAD

Earn the bronze Master-At-Arms medal which require 100 kills with each of the starting 5 weapons.

More damage and increased clip size for an active reload.

INFINITE AMMO

Earn the Combat Engineer pin 100 times (by working on 5 fortifications in one deployment in Horde)

That’s tough but awesome i.e infinite ammo for all weapons.

1 deployment = everyone must die after you get the ribbon/pin or you wont be able to get it again. This has to be done with 2 people on hoard (I believe)...just get a partner to boast, create a turret on round 2-3. Fire the turret, reload, fire again, reload 5 times to both get the ribbon fast, then die.

Edited by D4RKXPOW3R

Instagib Melee is VERY helpful for Berserkers and pretty much anything that gets in your face, but not very helpful against Grinders.

What did you do against Serapedes and Savage Corpsers?

I never met Serapedes or Corpsers during the 50 waves on Insane. The only things i met on boss waves was Brumaks, Reavers and Berserkers. I also met a Lambent Berserker, but it wasn't possible to kill it using my method.

I just reloaded that boss wave untill i got something else.

Also, Armored Kantus is easily killable using Super Reload. The damage increase is quite powerful.

Edited by Vindicator51

Did you use instagib mutator or only the 2 you said about? Also did you upgrade sentries or just as lvl 1 to act as a decoy? Thanks

and to get the medal you dont need to complete them in 1 sitting right?

1) Yes, i only used the mutators i listed. I did upgrade the sentries, but level 1 is efficient as well.

2) No, you don't need to complete this in one sitting, you just need to remember which wave you got to.

SUPER RELOAD

Earn the bronze Master-At-Arms medal which require 100 kills with each of the starting 5 weapons.

More damage and increased clip size for an active reload.

INFINITE AMMO

Earn the Combat Engineer pin 100 times (by working on 5 fortifications in one deployment in Horde)

That’s tough but awesome i.e infinite ammo for all weapons.

1 deployment = everyone must die after you get the ribbon/pin or you wont be able to get it again. This has to be done with 2 people on hoard (I believe)...just get a partner to boast, create a turret on round 2-3. Fire the turret, reload, fire again, reload 5 times to both get the ribbon fast, then die.

You don't need to die just have the second person fire the turret while you hammer y should get atleast 20 ribbons then do the next wave and repeat why does everyone think you can only get it once.And yes this does work cause i have done it.