Does Konami REALLY hate America?

berserkerninja

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the controls really suck. Really using the colors on the buttons wouldn't make it much better. I would love to change the controls to an own scheme, like:

(purple)     (blue)     (orange)     (green)     (yellow)
 [<=]        (X)         (Y)          (B)         [=>]

This would work better then the orginal setting. Maybe there'll be a patch for this. But they should have made it into a full game, bundling it with a pop'n music controller for the 360 and much more songs (are there only 9 in the full version?!).

Edited by lu3mm3l

why dont they just give us japanese songs in their games?

These are all Japanese songs. They have all been in previous Pop'n games and are all, at least in part, made by Japanese artists.

The only real problem with the game is that they didn't include speed mods. They have been a staple of Pop'n since around Pop'n 3 (and they're on Pop'n 16 now) and it just makes getting perfect scores damn near impossible in this game. Sure, the song list is limited, but they're all fantastic songs except the dumbass cat song. Boom Boom Rocket had about the same amount of songs.

These are all Japanese songs. They have all been in previous Pop'n games and are all, at least in part, made by Japanese artists.

The only real problem with the game is that they didn't include speed mods. They have been a staple of Pop'n since around Pop'n 3 (and they're on Pop'n 16 now) and it just makes getting perfect scores damn near impossible in this game. Sure, the song list is limited, but they're all fantastic songs except the dumbass cat song. Boom Boom Rocket had about the same amount of songs.

Dx i made this thread before i saw the song list. But still, they only made 9 songs in this and they are all really short X_X i wish they would make a full version of it for retail with a controller.

It's better than nothing, and I'm surprised we even got this. But don't hold your breath for an actual Pop'n Music game coming to 360. All of the Bemani series, in Japan, are still exclusive to PS2. And if they ever decide to move onto a modern platform, it'll likely be PS3. Just not anytime soon, with all the blunders that Sony made on that system. One of which, being of course, that there's no connection for the old PSX/PS2 controllers. So they'd hafta make new USB controllers for each series, to work on PS3. And I know they have those PSX to USB controller converters, which would technically allow you to hook up the old Bemani controllers. But not sure if that messes with the timing, which is crucial in these games.

I'm a big fan of DDR Universe, and think that the game looks and plays beautifully with all the HD improvements. But that was an American-developed game, and the only Bemani series to actually take off and contine development outside Japan. It won't happen with any of the others, unfortunately. As much as I'd love to see Pop'n, my favorite Bemani series of alltime. It just requires so much more time, effort, and money on their part to create a localized Pop'n Music game (with new, licensed songs for the American market). Sure, they could just port over all the old Konami Originals from the Japanese releases (and please the lot of us). But most of the vocal songs are in Japanese, which they assume won't go over well in the English-speaking market.

• 1 year later...