Any good for a chubby 22 y/o? lol

Mega Mayo Man

would you say you would have to be thin and fit to play this?

I'm a bit chubby but love playing the kinect, currently obsessing over kinect football but I thought this might be good for me and the missus to play.

What are the songs like, I've seen a few topics saying they're a bit repetitive, but I've played LEGO Rock Band and it doesn't get much more repetitive than that so yeah. We like R+B and rock, currently loving the new Kanye album, is the music going to be to our taste or is it more like dirty dancing soundtrack?

Thanks for reading :)

From wikipedia.

The following 32 songs are included on the game disc.

Song title Artist Decade

"Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix)" Beastie Boys 1990s

"Brick House" The Commodores 1970s

"Bust a Move" Young MC 1980s

"C'mon N' Ride It (The Train)" Quad City DJ's 1990s

"Can't Get You Out of My Head" Kylie Minogue 2000s

"Crank That (Soulja Boy)" Soulja Boy Tell 'Em 2000s

"Days Go By" Dirty Vegas 2000s

"Dip It Low" Christina Milian 2000s

"Don't Sweat the Technique" Eric B. & Rakim 1990s

"Down" Jay Sean 2000s

"Drop It Like It's Hot" Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell 2000s

"Evacuate the Dancefloor" Cascada 2000s

"Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)" Craig Mack 1990s

"Funkytown" Lipps Inc 1980s

"Galang '05" M.I.A. 2000s

"Hella Good" No Doubt 2000s

"Hey Mami" FannyPack 2000s

"I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" Pitbull 2000s

"Jungle Boogie" Kool & the Gang 1970s

"Just Dance" Lady Gaga 2000s

"King of the Dancehall" Beenie Man 2000s

"Maneater" Nelly Furtado 2000s

"Move Ya Body" Nina Sky 2000s

"Poison" Bell Biv DeVoe 1980s

"Poker Face" Lady Gaga 2000s

"Pon de Replay" Rihanna 2000s

"Pump Up the Jam" Technotronic 1980s

"Push It" Salt-n-Pepa 1980s

"Rendez-Vu" Basement Jaxx 1990s

"Rump Shaker" Wreckx-n-Effect 1990s

"Satisfaction" Benny Benassi 2000s

"Teach Me How To Jerk" Audio Push 2000s

I don't know the soundtrack to dirty dancing but it's mostly hip hop and the like. As for the activity level, it's fairly active, but if you can play kinect adventures you can play this. On easy most of the dance moves are in place (or with side stepping).

I don't think it should be a problem, you can look on youtube and see all different size people playing it just fine (I enjoy the one of the father and son in matching outfits).

As for the repetitiveness, on easy the songs maybe have 10 different dance moves (but it varies song to song) but on the harder difficulties it increases. I am not positive but I think each song has it's own routine and the routine changes between each difficulty.

would you say you would have to be thin and fit to play this?

I'm a bit chubby but love playing the kinect, currently obsessing over kinect football but I thought this might be good for me and the missus to play.

What are the songs like, I've seen a few topics saying they're a bit repetitive, but I've played LEGO Rock Band and it doesn't get much more repetitive than that so yeah. We like R+B and rock, currently loving the new Kanye album, is the music going to be to our taste or is it more like dirty dancing soundtrack?

Thanks for reading :)

I am 43 and carrying an excess 70 pounds and I am having fun. I probably won't be getting many on hard, but I am having a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nineteen, EXTREMELY unfit, solid kinda guy. This game has kicked my ass all over the place, but I've enjoyed every minute of it (and so have my friends and family, actually!).

Trust me, if you haven't gotten this yet and you don't completely hate dancing, you will love this.

You know, being a 31 year old 330 pound bastard, it's good to see that us larger people are into these games. I remember the first time I played the original DDR in a place called Playdium (would play for free because I worked there) I lost about 50 pounds playing that game. That was over 10 years ago and thanks to office jobs and being married I put that back on in spades. I hope they continue coming out with games like this for kinect because games like this are fun and the console dance mat for DDR was shit! No mat= Mo fun!

You know, being a 31 year old 330 pound bastard, it's good to see that us larger people are into these games. I remember the first time I played the original DDR in a place called Playdium (would play for free because I worked there) I lost about 50 pounds playing that game. That was over 10 years ago and thanks to office jobs and being married I put that back on in spades. I hope they continue coming out with games like this for kinect because games like this are fun and the console dance mat for DDR was shit! No mat= Mo fun!

I remember Playdium, the one in my town got turned into a Winners/Homesense

Get it. I've never been the fit macho lean man (though I want to) long history of asthma and being a sickly child well, didn't make me an active kid. I'm about 6 foot and 220-240 ish and this game is a great work out and tons of fun tho. There are some moves i'm having issues figuring out exactly how the game wants me to do it (knockout for one) but I am having tons of fun. My neice loves it, my friend loves, its great.