20 mins endurance WITH NO AIMZ (SERIOUSLY)

B1RDTURGLER

:rant: I hate cheevos that expect you to be a frickin android or something. Tried for weeks, can barely break 12mins. Even easy shots are solid with no assist, an as for adding side spin..... dont even bother. You have to be steven hawkings to work out the angle needed

IMO if the game was balanced correctly then on easy you should be able to reach 20 minutes without too much of a problem and insane difficulty should be as difficult as the current easy. Even reaching 20 minutes with the aim assist is really tough. I needed a 104 ball break, which took me to 17:20. I think its a bit easier since the last patch as I reached 24 minutes with some mistakes. I don't think I will ever make a no aimz break of that length.

4 achievement unlocks out of 52,000 possible gamers would indicate to me that this achievement is very unbalanced. Unless the devs don't want people to unlock it.

Tips

To line up longshots, my preference is a plumbline taped to the top of the screen that goes through the centre of the power indicator. I used a spirit level on top of the monitor and some packing under the monitor base because my desk has a lean. I move the plumbline to the top of the monitor if I'm not playing.

Just like real pool or snooker the key is "learning the angles" for the pots and that comes through repeatedly potting balls for hours on end. I gradually memorise the angles needed to make the pots and then my potting success rate increases and I get longer breaks. The videos in the playlist show how my time has increased as I practiced more.

As you build up longer breaks or use repeated skill shots the drop shot stopper bar fills quicker, so you can repeatedly remove balls from the table and the ball drop becomes manageable. If you have too many balls the pockets gets blocked and too few and the balls aren't always in potable positions. I have a video of the Super Zen achievement with aim assist in the playlist. It has captions showing the break and number of balls between the drop shot stopper activations. This illustrates how the game works even though the drop rate is slightly slower for no aimz. When I lose the break the table quickly fills and it takes more pots to fill the drop shot stopper bar. The result is I quickly become overwhelmed and its soon game over.

Yeah it is unbalanced, even 8 and 9 ball champion cheevos on easy were id say VERY hard. The amount of times it 7 balled me an did some crazy double from a ridiculous angle to pot the black. My controller went flying more than once lol

I tried the ruler technique but dashed that after 2 shots, plumb line sounds alot better and wont scratch my plasma. I know trick shots fill it quicker, u get about half full for a cross table double

Im going to try an master the jump shot, that should get the most, swerve is never going to work with no assist. Got past 14mins last night.... i will be the 5th to get this if it kills me !!!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...