Just tried NES version...

JSP 16

...after like 15 years or so. I never beat the game as a child, but now all grown up. I beat this game in like an hour :o Seriously...never checked and walkthroughs or vids, just blind ran this. Bosses were incredibly easy. So if the remake is the same length as the original, I think I'm better off not buying it. Loved the game thou, incredibly easy but loved it.

oh and Moon Theme....First time I ever heard it as an adult :o...if anyone wants to choke me because it's the first time i ever heard it, you have every right to.

The game is relatively easy even after all these years. I bought the HD version on PSN to play and I plan to buy it again once it hits XBLA. I beat the game in about an hour and 15 minutes on my first playthrough and that was with exploration to find all the heart containers on easy. My hard playthrough didn't take much longer than that but I did play a little more cautiously since you have a limited amount of lives and die much quicker. I just began an insane playthrough and if you die you restart the entire level as you would in old NES games. You also go back to the main menu once you lose all your lives. It's a pretty simple game to 100% as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I just began an insane playthrough and if you die you restart the entire level as you would in old NES games. You also go back to the main menu once you lose all your lives.

Sounds like the only way I'll play it then. Just got the best ending on the NES version a few months back on hard mode, died all of twice through it. Totally up for the challenge on the new game.

• 2 weeks later...