Official "How do you beat ???" thread

If youre playing MK2 and for whatever reason have trouble against Kung Lao, pick raiden. spam his flying move (B,B,F) over and over, if he gets close then jump over him and repeat from the other side. normally a character with projectile will punish you after they block it, but Kung Lao's hat projectile doesnt punish,, yet he keeps doing it! =D

this i posted on another thread but i thought id post it here too.

thanks to HabsCen10ial for the strategy! I was already using Kitana, as that was the character i was having the most luck with (against Kintaro), so anyways, the strategy went like this:

Round starts: With Kitana, up/forward jump + HK. and Kintaro will do either one of 2 things, either he was going to attack but gets hit with your jump in attack, if he gets hit, repeat that 1 or 2 more times. very unlikely he will let you do it 3 or more times on him, but it does happen. always be ready with block after u do the jump in attack because he is going to uppercut you, or he is going to shoot projectile. once you block his attack (or get hit, in some cases), start jumping back a few times to get some space, he is going to just keep coming forward at you.

after you jump backwards about 2 times, maybe 3 you have to walk backwards, but dont hold back, instead keep tapping back that way you are buffering your "lifting" move. you have to wait till his kinda close to you, but not too close and then just press back+both punches. since you have been tapping back all along, the lifting move will catch Kintaro and he will not grab you out of it, if he grabs you out of it, you let him come in too close. If he shoots projectile at you, then you did it when hes too far away. practice the distance. id say is about 1 and a half character lenght away.

when you catch him, and he goes airborne, you should already be holding up/forward to jump as soon as your move is done, you WILL land before he does, as soon as you land uppercut!!! he will fall, wait till he starts to get up, and get ready to jump back again, and start tapping back to set up the move again. depending on distance he may do the huge jump where he stomps you. If you see him do this, react quickly by doing your lifting move, or jump back + kick!

You cant attempt the up/forward jump + kick again to see if it will hit him a few more times if you're feeling brave =)

If you can beat Kintaro, Shao Khan is a freaking cakewalk... all you gotta do is spam the lifting move, and do the uppercut afterwards. =\ easy.

Just finished MK and thought I'd throw in some strategy I had to hopefully help some of you out. I played as Raiden btw, but that's due to my personal preference of his Torpedo attack.

Goro: Jumping around and keeping my distance from him helped my surviveablity tremendously. As long as you're not within his grab reach (Which is further then you think), you only really have to worry about the random fireball. Keep moving and don't be afraid to jump in front of or behind him as long as you immensely jump away as soon as you land. Jumping close to land a quick hit will likely just get you hit.

Goro seems to have a slightly harder time blocking from jump kicks, especially after coming up from a projectile or Thunder God Torpedo. Most of my fights with him had me throwing a lightning ball while he's far away, jumping in to kick him in the head, jumping back while he stumbles up, then immediately hopping back in for another kick.

Shang Tsung: Liu Kang and Raiden are very helpful in this fight due to there Torpedo/Flying Kick attacks, spam these when he's in old man form. The good news is this guy is a lot more squishy then Goro. The bad news is he loves to transform into him. However, at least in my experience, the imitation Goro is nowhere near as tough as the real thing. Spam kicks to the head and keep jumping around whenever he's in this form. When he's in old man form make sure you hit him as hard and as quickly as you can since he likes to run off. Don't bother blocking the fireballs, try to duck under them.

i just noticed you can change the settings for in the options menu but UMK3 is the only one that says any difficulty. so do you have to beat MK 1 and MK2 on normal?

No mate.I did MK1 on very easy. First time no achievement. 2nd atttempt it unlocked, still on very easy. Its a random glitch that needs patching!

How on earth do you defeat Motaro on UMK3? That bastard is really tough, I've only managed to win one round about 3 or 4 times. Best character to use? Any help would be great please

Use scorpion and jump then spam x when you land, then jump over him again and repeat-Hope this helps! :)

How on earth do you defeat Motaro on UMK3? That bastard is really tough, I've only managed to win one round about 3 or 4 times. Best character to use? Any help would be great please
Have a look through my guide for some useful tips on how to defeat each boss.

I found these ways might take a little practice but once you get the hang of them, the bosses should fall quickly.

Peace Squid on TA found this method for Kintaro which worked real well

I then switched to Sub-Zero for Kintaro. HERE'S THE THING: get into the edge of the screen and do what you can to freeze Kintaro. Jump over him and push him against the side of the screen and then spam low punches (A). He cannot deal with it. You'll take him down to zero.

I also found an almost guranteed win agaisnt Shoa Khan myself, use

Kitana do the fan lift BK BK BK X , he seems to walk into it everytime even if he is miles away from it, follow this immediatly with FW FW X +A for the fan throw, rinse repeat 6/7 times and he is done :woop:

Mortal Kombat:

Shang Tsung - I used Raiden and his flying attack, it wasn't a hard boss in all fairness, I usually did a flying attack whilst jumping, and then quickly used a electric shock and rinsed.

Mortal Kombat II:

Shang Tsung - I used Baraka, but I don't think it matters for how I did it, basically if you jump backwards, Shang Tsung will jump towards you, once this happens quickly jump towards him and press "Y" straight away and you will kick him first every time and repeat that, it was easy once I figured this out.

Kintaro - I can't really explain how I did it, I think I literally took the fight to him and used Baraka again, using his blade attack and simply doing high kicks whenver Kintaro went up in the air as you can hit him when he comes down from the top of the screen.

Shao Khan - Honestly guys, I can't explain any easier, I lost once to him, before using Baraka and doing the shredder move, Shao Khan walked straight into it every time, easy win.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3:

Motaro - I kept jumping around and kicking him whenever he leapt towards me, and did a backwards kick whenver he missed a punch whilst I was jumping, like Kintaro I kind of took the fight to him and didn't have an easy strategy.

Shao Khan - I first used Sheeva and ducked when the match started, as Shao Khan does a flying move in the air and whilst your ducking he will miss and you can uppercut him, but I found an easier method and I chose Sub-Zero and after doing an uppercut I freeze him whilst he gets up and then uppercut again, once a practice was done, I beat him in 2 rounds, simples.

Hope some of these tips work, whether I got lucky with poor AI, I don't know, but i'm happy I have completed all 3 games.

For MK1 the best method I found was to back yourself into a corner and continue to jump back and high kick, gave me double flawless and easy time with goro.

For MK2 the best method I used was barakas fury swipe until shang tsung.

Kintaro fight I found a decent method after hours of trial and error.

As soon as the round starts immediately jump kick.

Then crouch and jump kick again.

For some reason kintaro was reacting with a projectile almost everytime I crouched and then jump kicked, so I was able to hit him consistently. It gets a bit tricky when you kick him into the corner but it's a lot less frustrating then trying to time the kitana trick.

Shao Kahn died easy with Baraka.

Sub Zero is the way to go in MK3. You can freeze/uppercut combo your way through.

Motaro in UMK3:

Use Scorpion, evade most of his attacks by jumping around and connecting with a jump kick where possible, which should be followed up by a HK, HK, LK, LK combo when on the ground. Also make use of the teleport punch (D, B, HP) where possible, remembering that it can be, and is best, used in mid-air. Managed to get a flawless against him with this strategy.

Shao Kahn in UMK3:

Use Sindel, evade/block attacks and go in for an uppercut, then run as he's in the air/down and unless an uppercut or HP combo (which incorporates an uppercut), rinse and repeat.

Green projectiles can be ducked under (DON'T block) then if you're quick enough you can run in, the shoulder charge you need to block if in range, otherwise attack once it's over, hammer and kick should be blocked, but if they don't connect you can get a quick uppercut in, and of course the jumping uppercut of his should miss if you're ducking and blocking, then you return the favour.

Edited by Nubikal

Kintaro: The best method I found on Kintaro in MK 2 was finding his 'sweet' spot. As soon as he begins to approach you, Hold Back and let him keep walking your way. Once he is twice the sweep distance. Jump up and forward with a jump kick.

You'll find he uppercuts under your kick and you land it just on top of him. His forward momentum makes him exposed to jump kicks. Continue this until he falls and if you get in your grove with timing it should be fairly easy. I've Flawlessed Kintaro this way.

Another method is the Sub-Zero Glitch. Play as Sub Zero and bait Kintaro into the corner. Freeze him and approach. Once ontop of him, rapidly press high punch. You should juggle him against the wall. Make sure he is as far over as possible as it won't work unless he is in the corner. Even if you freeze him you can push him there.

Another method is the Sub-Zero Glitch. Play as Sub Zero and bait Kintaro into the corner. Freeze him and approach. Once ontop of him, rapidly press high punch. You should juggle him against the wall. Make sure he is as far over as possible as it won't work unless he is in the corner. Even if you freeze him you can push him there.

Yup this worked a charm for me and shao khan isnt worth worrying about