Albert Pujols- 2008 NL MVP!

Fonkey Monkey

Albert Pujols, who batted .357 with 37 home runs and 116 RBIs, won his second MVP award on Monday. Pujols, who also won the award in 2005, has finished in the top 10 in each of his seven previous seasons, including the top five six times. This season, Pujols led the NL in slugging percentage, was second to Chipper Jones in batting average and on-base percentage, third in hits, and tied for fourth in the NL in doubles, home runs and RBIs

Big ups to the greatest baseball player currently in uniform.*

We'll be in the world series next year;)

*A-Rod= mega fail in clutch.

Hey, its not Pujols' fault that the owners are to cheap to surround him with good players :p Seriously though, Pujols' is a monster, you should see some of the records he holds around here from when he was playing High school ball. The dude is just simply amazing and I cant think of anyone who deserves it more.

Oh, and if our bullpin didnt fail, our Wins this last year would be insane. But you cant put the blame all on one area as they are all part of the game.

and oh yeah..........Cubs suck!

Oh, and if our bullpin didnt fail, our Wins this last year would be insane. But you cant put the blame all on one area as they are all part of the game.

seriously! it seemed like everytime i watched baseball tonight the cards would be winning the whole game then the set up man/closer would come out and blow it. dare i say it....maybe picking up kerry wood is in order;)

if we can sign him cheap he would be a good 7th or 8th inning set up man.

next year will be so much easier though, the brew crew is going to be blown away with out CC, and prince fielder will probably be even closer to being morbidly obese.

Oh, not gonna lie to you, the Cubs do choke... every year... over and over again... still like em though, don't know why....

And at least the Cubs made the post season... cough cough.... cardinals

*ahem* 2006 world series champs vs 1908 world series champs;)

haha nah its cool, at least you stick with your team. i fucking hate when people change 'their' teams every year to the best team.:rolleyes:

Kind of like how the Cardinals made it in 04, 05, & 06 while the Cubs didn't? How about those 63 years without winning the Pennant or the 100 years without a World Series title? ;)

Lets not forget, I said they choke... alot... they are embarassing, but you gotta love em still... WHY, WHY MUST THEY SUCK??? stupid goat

haha, like the majority of Bostan fans floating around everywhere (no offense if your a true fan, just seems like most arn't)

I've been a Sox fan since I was born, I live in the state and go to atleast one game a year( I would go to more but they're wicked expensive)

@Fonkey Monkey- Why would you use woods as a set-up man, he's a dominate closer. Use him that way considering the Cardinals have no closer right now. Or what the Cardinals cold do is take Carpenter and stick him in the pen maybe 8th inning guy or closer, but right now he's no starting pitcher just because of his injury problems as of late.

And thats fine if you were born a fan, but what about all the people who have no history with the state or city. If people weren't fans before they broke the curse, then they arn't true fans. I know a lot of people like that.

Its really funny to think of Carpenter as a closer or a set up man. There is two ways for that to go, it will keep his arm warm there for healing it and even making it stronger, or if its to soon it could damage him even further. I do agree though, we need Carpenter to produce, thats for sure.

Edited by Exane22