So, what happened to Count Waltz? -Spoiler Warning-

Nero Mystyraa

I'm slowly working my way through Encore mode right now when all of a sudden it just hit me, what the hell happened to Count Waltz on my first playthrough?

The very last time I remember seeing Count Waltz was the boss fight you have against him right before Legato turns into Ruined Body (the boss before the final boss)

Legato opened up that portal thing and you go to Elegy city, then Xylophone Tower, then Noise Dunes and then finally the Double Reed Tower. What the hell happened to Count Waltz after Legato transformed? I've never seen him anymore after that. I'm pretty sure I didn't skip any cutscenes either so what gives? Did Waltz die from that boss fight?

Come to think of it...what the hell happened to Fugue? He just disappeared after the second boss fight you have against him. I'm assuming he died during the fight just like Waltz?

Also I've heard of a couple of people mentioning alternate costumes for their characters but I've never seen them before. How do you unlock them?

Also I've seen Youtube videos of Crecendo and Serenade fighting in battle WTF? I've never been able to use those 2 in a battle so what gives?

As you can see...I am seriously confused :( Can someone explain this all to me?

The costumes are an easy explanation. In order to increase sales of the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata (or to reward people for not buying the game when it first came out I guess) they included some minor differences. Polka's dress is a different color and Crescendo and Serenade become playable characters. I doubt there is any intention of them bringing that to the 360 version.

As for Waltz, I don't recall either. I only played my encore version long enough to finish the achievements. I assume that he died, and it is more or less implied, though this game got pretty trippy at the end, so I guess anything could have happened. Maybe he disappeared because he was born into the real world as Frederick was dying. That is a fun excuse anyway.

Oh damn. I hate it when games have console exlusive content (like Batman Arkham Assylum) Thanks for letting me know though. I was so confused when I saw them. I was starting to think my disc was defective and it somehow skipped over a bunch of content LOL

And WOW I'm impressed by your RPG collection in your sig. You must really really like RPG's huh? I do too. I like shooters and hack N' slash games too but RPG's are the only games that can keep me glued to my TV for 7+ hours :p

I'm surprised to see you don't have Final Fantasy XIII in your list. Haven't got around to playing it yet?

Also would you recommend Magna Carta 2? I'm having doubts if I wanna play it or not and it would be great to hear your opinion on it since you're a fellow RPG Enthusiast.

Edited by Nero Mystyraa

• 3 months later...
Wow after all the times i played through this game and with different profiles I never thought about Count Waltz disappearing....

Since this foum is Xbox360 achievements, so I stick to the 360 version.

Actually Count Waltz didn't disappear. If you play the 2nd, or Encore Mode, the people in Forte City are shocked at the death of Count Waltz, meaning the party has him killed at Mount Rock at the end of Chapter VI.

As for Fugue and Rondo, I believe the two of them are also killed.

• 3 months later...

I just finished that part today. As soon as I beat him, Jazz said something about Waltz's death. And Legato takes the potion because Waltz had just died, and he wanted to be powerful enough to carry on the plan himself or something. They talk about it briefly before Legato takes the potion. You killed him. Just like you killed Fugue and it kinda just made him disappear.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...