Achievement Discussion

The Pants Party

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea what most of those require you to do...I like it lol. I hope at least a few of them take quite a long time to get.

EGOcentric Arkhunter

Your EGO has evolved past VBI's most optimistic forecast

Sounds like maybe once you hit max level you can continue leveling for bonus stats? A-la FFXI, SWTOR, Diablo 3, other games that I don't know of. That would take a long time, hopefully.

EGOcentric Arkhunter

Sounds like maybe once you hit max level you can continue leveling for bonus stats? A-la FFXI, SWTOR, Diablo 3, other games that I don't know of. That would take a long time, hopefully.

Hopefully. It doesn't take long enough in Diablo 3 :p

Finally released. I like how they are all worded. :p Should be fun!

Yes! They do sound like they could be a lot of fun. It doesn't sound like the achievement list takes itself too seriously. And the description mean you either take the time to figure out what they mean or you just wait until they pop. :)

It looks like there are some for killing, doing random things/easter egg type of things in the world, story/mission based achievements, grouping up with friends. Sounds like a good list. Very excited now!

It's an MMO, they won't have missable achievements lol.. Just achievements you have to spend a month trying to get.

Yup. If you can really miss one, just start a new character which I expect to do at least a couple times since this is an MMO. When I played WoW, I always had 3-4 characters at a time.

I'm disappointed in this. Based on the beta the game will be awful (I know...they have time to fix it...but really they don't and in the over a dozen MMO betas I've played I've never played one this poorly put-together)..

I wanted to give the retail release a shot anyway but there's a few that will no doubt be no fun at all. I might be wrong. If this is more than like 40 hours for 1000 I'm not buying it.

I'm disappointed in this. Based on the beta the game will be awful (I know...they have time to fix it...but really they don't and in the over a dozen MMO betas I've played I've never played one this poorly put-together)..

I wanted to give the retail release a shot anyway but there's a few that will no doubt be no fun at all. I might be wrong. If this is more than like 40 hours for 1000 I'm not buying it.

You're the first person I've heard say anything bad about it.

Any value your opinion had went away quickly when you said if it's more than 40 hours you're not buying it.

It's an MMO.

Also...I'm doubting you played the beta at all, it does have it's issues...all games have their issues but awful? Far from it. If this is the most poorly put together MMO you've ever played I'm rather curious to what other's you have played.

Out of curiosity could you tell us what exactly you didn't like about the beta?

Any value your opinion had went away quickly when you said if it's more than 40 hours you're not buying it.

It's an MMO.

Also...I'm doubting you played the beta at all, it does have it's issues...all games have their issues but awful? Far from it. If this is the most poorly put together MMO you've ever played I'm rather curious to what other's you have played.

Out of curiosity could you tell us what exactly you didn't like about the beta?

The NDA protects his ass from actually having to back his claims. :rolleyes:

The beta was epic win and i hate using wasd to play game on the computer. So even though i hated the controls on the PC that was my only con which had nothing to do with the actual game itself

You should have plugged your xbox controller in. Or do you not have a wired one?

That's what I did for the last beta. Worked like a charm. Too bad my computer could hardly run the game, lol.

I've no idea what most of those require you to do...I like it lol. I hope at least a few of them take quite a long time to get.

I agree. MMOs should have achievements that take time (but not necessarily a grind).

I just hope that this isn't like that one FF MMO when it comes to achievements...

I hope they take months and the trip never gets old. D2D

RGR. D2D-4-Life.

I agree. MMOs should have achievements that take time (but not necessarily a grind).

I just hope that this isn't like that one FF MMO when it comes to achievements...

RGR. D2D-4-Life.

What's wrong with having to level to max level with every one of the classes (360 version started with I think 10 classes), with each class taking months to hit max level? :p

Even if that were the case, MMOs get nerfed ridiculously fast these days so they have less people bitching about something taking too long, or something being too hard. So worst case scenario, this game turns out to be a serious grind (which I doubt) for the better part of a year before it gets nerfed and becomes much easier.

EGOcentric Arkhunter

There's no actual level system like most RPG's. The max rank has been discussed about in the live streams. Currently it's at 5000. Not sure what it was called exactly. One of the devs playing that had played most hours, was at rank 300 or so. Not to mention, they're going to keep increasing that rank. You probably need get a certain amount of skills unlocked.

The NDA protects his ass from actually having to back his claims. :rolleyes:

It doesn't. If he hates the game, he can break the NDA. What will they do? Ban him from a game he isn't going to play?