Opinion: Does this game make you better at Geo Wars 1?

rbm92

I have been playing this game for the past few days for hours and I gotta say; it seems to be hella harder than the first game. I have played Geometry Wars Retro Evolved off and on for a long time, but I don't remember my fingers getting blisters. On the first game, I could always solidly score between 1-3million and i even made it to 990,000 without dying one time (fml). Has anyone who has played the first one gone back after playing this one to see if it has made them better?

I haven't gone back to either since I traded my 360 in when I got the Xbox One, but for me personally, i'm finding this new Geometry Wars easier than the previous two.

I'm also finding this game to be the easiest of the three, but perhaps it could just be that I have more experience in the genre now than I did back then. I still need to 200g the first Geowars so I hope it'll be easier than I remember it being when I do try it again.

I would personally say Geowars 2's Smile achievement requires more skill than anything that's asked from us in this game, however this feels like a much longer completion due to the excessive grinding required for a million geoms.

Good thread :)

I've played Geometry Wars on the 360 for a long time. I actually get in game lag because the 360 can't keep up with the amount of things on screen. I used to play for hours upon hours upon hours, I love it. I bought it on 8-10 different accounts because it was so awesome. I remember when I was learning I never used bombs. To get better at the game, don't use bombs and you learn what happens, this is completely not what you want to do when going for a high score though. I actually scored 2.8mil once before losing a life and with using no bombs. I love it and would argue the game shits over every single game been made. forget mario and all those arcade games, this game takes skill, never repeats itself and you're as good as your score. I'm ashamed so many scrubs don't recognise it for the best arcade game ever made because they're scrubs. 26MB download and years of fun and getting better.

Then GeoWars 2 came out, duh, duh duhuhuhuhuh. It changed the spread of the gun but gave a larger spread but no real power ups like the first. It was what it was.

GeoWars3! BaBoom! Awesome! Not only did they add to the game and keep it awesome, but they actually brought back GeoWars Retro Evolved feel several times throughout the adventure and tipped their hats to how awesome the game that made them their money was.

I wouldn't say this game is the best one, but it definitely feels like what GeoWars 2 should have been.

I'll probably go back and play the 360 version in a week or two and post back to let you know if it increased my skills ;)