PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Soul Calibur IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #301
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
kidding me.. level 58 can't touch the guy with two swords. Just destroys me, can't even get a attack off a grab nothing

Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #302
OOOOOPS MY BAD

Fate Stay N1ght's Gamercard
The tower of lost souls was a pain in the ass and I'm not really good at this game. So I use Astaroth with hp drain, soul calibur and best armor (looked at a guide). Then I keep on spamming his cheap attacks except on some floors...
OOOOOPS MY BAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #303
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm stuck on floor 32. Help appreciated...

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #304
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Well, I'm really glad I got the official guide for this game. Even so I'm having issues with getting some of the treasures on some of the floors. For starters, I've been playing this series since SCII on the GameCube and I have yet to intentionally Guard Impact. I've never been able to figure out the timing for that move or the other moves like it and so the floors that require Guard Impacts have been firmly beyond my reach for some time. Is there anything I can do about this?
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 AM   #305
AridRayne

AridRayne's Gamercard
Easy Gold in ToLS

Not sure if this has been posted before, but for easy gold, I use Astaroth on TolS fl. 60 and spam his X+A throw, works pretty fast most of the time. Especially since waiting for Algol to ring himself out didn't seem to work for me.
AridRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #306
Reno Zero

Scarlet Rain X's Gamercard
Just got my 1000G on this game, Best Strategy for Decending the tower (in my opinion of course) is using astaroth's DEFAULT CONTROLS!!! (down back x, y) attack which is the sweep and smash axe attack, it kills them quickly, your biggest worry will be the floor 15 nightmare enemy. Make sure you cutsom create him with this set AND make a copy of him so you have two! this is vital!:

This is NOT my creation!

Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C
Weapon: Nanbanfu
I was lvl 9 at the time if that helps.

Head: Nightmare Helm
Face: None
Neck: Juok Chaplet
Shoulder: Warthog Pauldrons
Undergarments: Chain Mail
Upper Body: Noble Garment
Arm: Death's Gauntlets
Lower Body: Guimian Yecha
Ankle: Shinobi Tabi
Leg: Shinobi Greaves

For Ascending I cant really remember what I did but the last floor before algol just use Astaroth's (same one from above) X+A Grab non stop and dont let them move, for algol just sit still and he'll kill himself via ring out.

For the Transcend Achievement, make sure you got the Voldo only mask, and in character creation for yoda and other secret characters you go through and buy their gems and ring accsessories! Everything will be blacked out because you cant change yoda's appearance but on the very bottom you can buy these. At 30 Achievements unlocked these might appear or at least more of them will so keeps your eyes out. Make sure you have ALL 8 weapons for every character unlocked and bought! This overall is approximately 3.5 Million gold. NOTE: these are just the common things people miss.

I only went to floor 30 in the descent of the tower so you DO NOT need to go to floor 60 or w.e, as well for Ascending you DO NOT need to get all the treasures! These treasures just give you the items free instead of having to buy them.

Buying the DLC packs may help but dont do it unless you want to.

Last edited by Reno Zero; 12-24-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Reno Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #307
wheatrich

wheatrich's Gamercard
Finished up pretty easily actually had to beat some of the higher ones with one of my best characters instead of astaroth's spamming. Last level algol still kills himself if you don't hit him (I think) [I have the latest patch and he still kills himself]. Easy cash but boring.

I'm still having problems with down. I've customed 2 astaroths with Ring Out Nullify A, HP Drain A, Shave Damage C and something else and my last 5 were this
die 17 die 16 die 15 timeout x 2 (though timeouts won't happen now--I was going too safe early).

Tried astaroth and a sigfried (horizontal+shave B+Null Ring Out A, HP drain A) and got to 18 before dying (had full/full plenty of time entering 15 and was ok entering 16--but with neither guy doing a quick attack anytime yoshi or whoever got in close I got crushed pretty well) Not sure how the hell I'm gonna beat this atm. Guess I need to keep tweaking the guys and hopefully eventually get it. I've read the gamefaqs guide but that was a total fail for me. Maybe my controller just sucks (it is a bit worn).
wheatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #308
wheatrich

wheatrich's Gamercard
never mind I just got it. Sig died on 15 (you have plenty of time after the first 10 levels with him) but I made it p easily with an astaroth. He had Hyper Mode, Nullify Ring Out A, Venom Fang B, and HP Drain A. just barely died on level 25 oh well.
wheatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #309
AK Punk

Send a message via MSN to AK Punk

AK Punk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Exclamation Gamertag is AK Punk

Looking to boost level 20 online, I will help anyone with all MP achievements that they need if they help me with this one.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #310
achti

Achti's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozia View Post
I did it first time with Astaroth, if you just keepp spamming the grapple attacks you can't go wrong really. Make sure you switch the buttons on your controller so that the two grapple moves are used by LT and RT, makes it a hell of a lot easier.
zomg that worked wonders! i just putted a+x on the LT button and kept spamming it. thanks

achti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #311
monstra

I finished the TOLS Ascending floor 57-60 with Cervantes. I just spammed the Shadow Flare, back B+K move stated earlier (where he jumps up vertically and slams down). Also worked to get down to 20 floors of descending. Be careful not to 'ring out' yourself if you are close to the edge of the stage.

Weapon: Styx or Soul Edge
Skills: HP Drain A
Auto Unblockable Attach A
Strengthen Vertical

The equipment should be combined so that you get all your skills and also high percentages (over 150) for Attack and HP.
monstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #312
Midna

Stealth Fangs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Zero View Post
Just got my 1000G on this game, Best Strategy for Decending the tower (in my opinion of course) is using astaroth's DEFAULT CONTROLS!!! (down back x, y) attack which is the sweep and smash axe attack, it kills them quickly, your biggest worry will be the floor 15 nightmare enemy. Make sure you cutsom create him with this set AND make a copy of him so you have two! this is vital!:

This is NOT my creation!

Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C
Weapon: Nanbanfu
I was lvl 9 at the time if that helps.

Head: Nightmare Helm
Face: None
Neck: Juok Chaplet
Shoulder: Warthog Pauldrons
Undergarments: Chain Mail
Upper Body: Noble Garment
Arm: Death's Gauntlets
Lower Body: Guimian Yecha
Ankle: Shinobi Tabi
Leg: Shinobi Greaves

For Ascending I cant really remember what I did but the last floor before algol just use Astaroth's (same one from above) X+A Grab non stop and dont let them move, for algol just sit still and he'll kill himself via ring out.

For the Transcend Achievement, make sure you got the Voldo only mask, and in character creation for yoda and other secret characters you go through and buy their gems and ring accsessories! Everything will be blacked out because you cant change yoda's appearance but on the very bottom you can buy these. At 30 Achievements unlocked these might appear or at least more of them will so keeps your eyes out. Make sure you have ALL 8 weapons for every character unlocked and bought! This overall is approximately 3.5 Million gold. NOTE: these are just the common things people miss.

I only went to floor 30 in the descent of the tower so you DO NOT need to go to floor 60 or w.e, as well for Ascending you DO NOT need to get all the treasures! These treasures just give you the items free instead of having to buy them.

Buying the DLC packs may help but dont do it unless you want to.
Thanks for the help although you could have explained it a little better.
Midna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #313
mr2000jp

mr2000jp's Gamercard
this helps a lot when with the floor 47-49
i think using Siegfried or nightmare , and use the hits that goes round spin , this will be the best idea to beat them up , specially the lower hits , i managed to finish it quite easily with this trick

Last edited by mr2000jp; 07-17-2011 at 05:33 AM.
mr2000jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #314
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
I made it to floor 53 relatively easily using Astaroth's grapple attack and a combination of other characters for certain floor. I hit a wall on floor 56 though. I can breeze through 53, 54, 55 using Astaroth's grapple spam, but @#$#%$ lizardman on 56 kicks my ass. Is there an easy way to make it through this set of floors? For some unfathomable reason I just cannot pull off Asaroth's sweep and smash cheap move. I must be missing something there.

Descending I also run into problems when I use Astaroth. I just run out of time on some floors if I miss some grapples. I think I only made it to level 9 or so. My hand/eye coordination must suck.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Last edited by MrZombieChicken; 09-14-2011 at 02:16 AM.
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #315
Ender515

ender515's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
I did It!I completed Ascension!Hell Yeah!I never thought I'd make it but I did.
Thank God the 60th Floor with Algol is a joke(with the right trick),
well the rest was difficult enough...
I'll tell you my setup,it really works,and it is kind of cheap,but that doesn't
matter once you finally complete a floor you've failed on a hundred times before.
Although there's one exception,the infamous(at least I think they are) floors 45 and 46,there the best bet is (as it was oftenly mentioned) using Yun-Seong and go for Critical Finishes.
And once again,I didn't come up with this,but as long as it helps someone,I'm glad to post it.
So it's a Level 9 cervantes-style character(copy him 3 times to have a team for all floors).

Weapon : Soul Edge

Skills :
- Impact Edge(comes with the Weapon and it's pretty useless as you will unlikely use an impact
but I think Soul Edge is the strongest Weapon for Cervantes,though maybe you even find another
weapon more viable for this?)
- Auto Unblockable Attack A
- HP Drain(shouldn't do anything in this tower without it)
- Strengthen Vertical (Since the Attack you're gonna spam is vertical)

Equipment :
Head : Nightmare Helm
Face : - Nothing -
Neck : Guardian's Neck Cloth
Shoulder : Demonic Pauldrons
Undergarments : Loincloth
Chest : Leather Vest
Hands : Leviathan Gauntlets
Legs : Demonic Trousers
Feet : Shinobi Tabi
Shoes : Nightmare Greaves

Now the "tactic" is to spam Cervantes' <-(backwards) B + Y Attack (the actual Y and B Buttons on the xbox 360 Pad),where he jumps into the Air and swoops down near the Opponent.
As I said,this can go wrong really fast,the AI just has to make a few steps to evade,can hit you on your way down,block or impact you,but if you're quick enough you get back up before you're damaged too much.
Be aware that very often you'll land behind the enemy(on the right side of the screen,while you start off on the left).
So to perform the attack you have to press the stick in the other direction(always away from your opponent).
I hope this helps,and don't loose patience,the last floors are a bitch but you'll eventually make it,even I did it.
Now I wonder if I can descend to the 20th Floor...
You are my hero. This helped me beat 53F-56F and 57F-59F. thanks again
Ender515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #316
MayhemBliz

MayhemBliz's Gamercard
WOW 57-59 Can suck my d..

Looking at this thread I guess im one of the unlucky 1s who has played this floor over 60 times.. The method I am going for is Astaroth x2 the down+right X and then Y trick with L+T grabs set up as A+B just in case they block my other attack.

I got to floor 59 with no health lost. Had both Astaroth vs Nightmare. Thinking to myself thank f... I will be done with this.. Then BAM! Sorry ring out and you wont get an attack in.

Sorry guys just wanted to rant.. THIS GAME SUCKS

MayhemBliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #317
AJ 1988

Alco John88's Gamercard
This was a bitch of an achievement...I've had to do it three times now (once on my old profile, once on this new profile and once for....my dad).

This time around felt like the hardest challenge ever, I was stuck on it for weeks...it was damn frustrating as I knew I'd done it already and couldn't figure out wtf was going on.

My advice, whilst the astaroth build is good, and all the other builds, spamming moves doesn't always get you anywhere; focusing too much on the move, just not getting on with that character or the AI having a "let's really piss you off day"...

Get as much of the equipment as you can, Focus on the two you're best with and give them the best armour you can.
For the Equipment I spammed descending, if you get to around stage 18 you get near 40,000g if memory serves me well.
Highest I've won was around 100,000g getting to roughly stage 40.

The 57th floor is easy enough, though getting rung out is irritating to say the least, Talim usually gets me there >.< Ideally you need to come out of that floor with pretty much full HP so ring everyone out if you need to.
Cervantes on the 58th can be extremely frustrating, I had the most problems from him.
Even if you come out of the 58th floor with little HP and/or one character it's still quite possible to complete the 59th with ring out's, good guarding and a few good grabs.

I completed these floors with a custom Mitsurugi and Siegfried.
Can't say what equipment I had as I've since deleted those characters but from what I can recall;

Mitsi - ori...err, the red weapon. Auto unblockable B (comes with weapon), HP Drain A << Always have that.
I built for stats mainly in Attack power then defence, with roughly 120-30% HP

Siegy - Soul Calibur, Hp Drain A, Auto grapple break b.
Roughly 180% HP, 150-80% attack. kept defence over 100%

Build Armour with the highest 'gauge rating' or whatever it is.
Reason, if you purely build gauge, you can then systematically go through each equipment and replace with the best armour for stats or if you wish, points for another skill, once you're down to the exact gauge you need and happy with your stats, add whatever skills you may be able to, then you're done.

Best spam moves for siegy would be Forward Forward B and forward forward A+B. back back B, B. or back back Bhold, b / A. back back A
Diagonally back down b, which stabs and throws opponents behind, is good when you're backed to the edge and want an easy ring out.
He also has a low grab that throws people out.

Mitsi is really simple. he has alot of moves that deal damage or quite easily knock people out of the ring. Sweep attacks from him and back k, b or down k, b are quite useful, A+G grab can ring out too.

I found these the best combo as they are both good at dealing damage, easily getting ring outs, and have dodge attack moves.

Note - Grab as much as opportunity allows, for opponents with high defence it seems to bypass their def rating and does normal damage, useful for opponents such as Algol on floor 60.

Alternatively, you can try your luck with building a guard impact char with HP and Defence only and try to critical finish everyone using soul gauge vamp and double edged sword, or whatever drains their soul gauge faster =).
I think I done that the last time round using a yun seong.

Wow that was quite long...and didn't really explain or help much...haha sorry =D
I don't envy the people still needing this, was one of the few achievements that made me break my controller xD Good luck
AJ 1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #318
cancermatt

cancermatt2's Gamercard
Thank you for everyone's contributions!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but after buying SC4, I quickly realized I wasn't a fan of fighting games. I completed every achievement except for two concerning the Tower of Lost Souls. I have no idea why I decided to give it another go after about two years, but I started poring through everyone's character setups and fighting techniques and somehow got excited to give it another go.

For the last few days I've been racking my brains (along with some mighty rage quitting) and somehow I made my way to Level 60. Not sure what to do, I was frustrated until Algol hopped off the platform and all is well that ends well.

Thank you to everyone who posted your helpful posts. I play a LOT of older games (not including this one), so I'm always scanning older threads, looking for help, from time to time.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

EDIT: Thought I'd give one shot to descending the tower after all the ascending grind-fest. One try and I've completed the game! Never thought that would happen! Thanks again for the help!!!

Last edited by cancermatt; 08-17-2014 at 11:57 PM.
cancermatt is offline   Reply With Quote