one in a million?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can also try for the achievement near the end of Crash and Grab when you are evacuating the monastery and the heli harasses you. Just take cover in a building, peek out to lock on the laser, get back behind cover and hit that sucker!

It took me 3 or 4 tries, but I nailed it. I actually died during bomb drop the first time, and I restarted at the monastery. The chopper made its way there and continued to harass me. The beauty of it is that the monastery walls cannot be destroyed, and when you're in the main entrance hallway, the chopper has to stay steady to maintain line of sight on you. Once you lock on, just stay inside and the chopper can't touch you. With the mountains around it, the heli doesn't have much room to move and makes for a pretty easy target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay so this achievement glitched for me too the first time I played it on normal. So on my playthrough on hard I tried it again, but this is what I did different. I ran through the train tracks like normal and stopped when I got to the first checkpoint/save point(the one in front of the box in front of the scaffold, NOT on it) I hit him there with the laser, then I ran up the scaffold not stopping till I got to the very top by the rocket launcher. I got another save point. I then hit him again with the laser(it was much easier this time since he doesn't move too far) and Bam achievement unlocked right away. I still had to hit him a few times with the rocket launcher to kill him. Not saying this will work for you, but it is worth a shot if it gliched for you like it did me.