Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Achievement Guide & Road Map

Hey. I just finished the game, and am going back into my save to try and get Consciousness is Overrated. Now, I got Opportunist by 'farming' a guy by just repeatedly knocking him out, letting him get revived, knocking him out, etc.

My question is, does this have to be 100 different enemies, or 100 knockouts? If its enemies, is there a good place in the game that I can essentially farm them? I've got saves in pretty much every area, but don't have any non-lethal weapons. I've also not got any candy bars. (Can you guess why I'm having to go back and do it? lol)

I'm not really interested in another playthrough, Really i just want to beeline this achievement.

Thanks!

I think it'll be 100 different takedowns. Everything counts towards this, so I recommend doing a Pacifist run too (Tranquilizer and Stun Darts are really handy and count for the achievement). If you don't want to do another playthrough then I have no idea how you could approach apart from starting from a save conveniently placed at the very beginning :p

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be 100 different takedowns. Everything counts towards this, so I recommend doing a Pacifist run too (Tranquilizer and Stun Darts are really handy and count for the achievement). If you don't want to do another playthrough then I have no idea how you could approach apart from starting from a save conveniently placed at the very beginning :p

Well, what i was really thinking was is there an area at some point in the game with fairly weak enemies that I can easily incap. (The last level might be good, but I cant find any non-leathal weps.)

Also, I've got other games to play, so im not going to all 49. This one is the last of the 'easy' achievements that I need.

I don't know how to do it :o

If you bring up the achievment list for the game (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/deus-ex-human-revolution/achievements/) and rightclick on an image, you can copy the image URL and link it using the Insert Image button when in reply mode. (Not sure if it works, but you can probably use the and forum code as well.)

Also, thanks for a great guide.

If you bring up the achievment list for the game (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/deus-ex-human-revolution/achievements/) and rightclick on an image, you can copy the image URL and link it using the Insert Image button when in reply mode. (Not sure if it works, but you can probably use the and forum code as well.)

Also, thanks for a great guide.

Aah, that's the problem haha. I don't have a left and right click button :p That's awkward...

Edited by Jellybean468

Aah, that's the problem haha. I don't have a left and right click button :p That's awkward...

I suppose you can use CTRL + click on the image to get up the menu and then copy the image URL.

EDIT: If you want, I can just put up all images myself and you can use my comment to edit the guide.

Edited by MurraySwe

O.k. on Foxiest of Hounds & Pacifist, you ONLY need to be unseen in these levels:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1664894&postcount=4

etroit

M5 - Investigating the Suicide Terrorist

• Retrieve the dead terrorist's Neural Hub (Note that I did not get this when talking Wayne into letting me in. I reloaded and went in stealth without permission and got it.)

M9/M10 - FEMA Camp

• Infiltrate the Mercenary Compound
  • Locate the Mercenary Leader

Tai Yong Medical

M1 - Searching for Proof

• Enter TYM's tower by passing through the Pangu
  • Find and view Van Bruggen's recording

M2 - Entering the Dragon's Lair

• Confront Zhao in the Penthouse
  • Escape and get to the hangar

Picus

M1 - Confronting Eliza Cassan

• Escape the ambush by reaching a lower floor
  • Summon the Funicular
  • Wait for the Funicular (Note that I did not get a Smooth Operator for this objective, but got the achievement anyway, guide might be mistaken here.
  • Get inside room 802-11

Detroit 2

M2 - Finding Isaias Sandoval

• Go to the Convention Center and obtain Sandoval's location from Taggart.
  • Find and confront Sandoval

Hengsha 2

M4 - Stowing Away

• Retrieve Tong's Package from the Shed
  • Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk

Omega Ranch

M1 - Rescuing Megan and Her team

• Search for Signs of Megan's Team
  • Disable the Signal Jammer
  • Upload a virus to the security computer and enter the restricted area

Panchaea

M1 - Shutting Down Darrow's Signal

• Get inside the tower and disengage the lockdown
  • Reach the Broadcast Center

You don't have to do it for every area.

You should note "The Last Straw" has a glitch. I hit this glitch on my first playthrough.

If you sneak into the back and hack Taggarts machine and figure out that's not what you wanted to do... reload and confront him in public and pop the achievement for "The Throwdown" Isaias will attack you still like he didn't get put out in public.

It's because a flag is set when you hack the computer that will stick with your playthrough apparently. Reloading doesn't fix it, only a new game will. I just verified this and it's documented on the wiki.

Lesson: Don't hack Taggarts computer at all. Confront him and The Last Straw before you do if you really want to hack it.

You should note "The Last Straw" has a glitch. I hit this glitch on my first playthrough.

If you sneak into the back and hack Taggarts machine and figure out that's not what you wanted to do... reload and confront him in public and pop the achievement for "The Throwdown" Isaias will attack you still like he didn't get put out in public.

It's because a flag is set when you hack the computer that will stick with your playthrough apparently. Reloading doesn't fix it, only a new game will. I just verified this and it's documented on the wiki.

Lesson: Don't hack Taggarts computer at all. Confront him and The Last Straw before you do if you really want to hack it.

Interesting. I'll put this in the guide. Cheers.

Just got 1K... need a smoke :D j/k

Stock up on gas grenades for the crazies. Made that so much easier for pacifist. If you move after throwing them though they well hear you as they'll be hostile (ones that didn't get gassed). I got around this by not moving, when they came over by me I cloaked and shocked them. Or had a gas mine lying in front of me then gassing the search party :D

Dunno if it's already been stated.

Super Sleuth/Shanghai Justice: Belltower is acceptable as well as LIMB for the ach to pop

Nice, thanks.

Just got 1K... need a smoke :D j/k

Stock up on gas grenades for the crazies. Made that so much easier for pacifist. If you move after throwing them though they well hear you as they'll be hostile (ones that didn't get gassed). I got around this by not moving, when they came over by me I cloaked and shocked them. Or had a gas mine lying in front of me then gassing the search party :D

I just ran past them all with cloak. When you get to the outside part where you need to get to the bottom level it's easier to just jump off the side (if you have Icarus) and then you can just book it to the elevator.

Oh and for the glitch where the gang members show up as skulls, it's confirmed that it does NOT affect Pacifist achievement. I got multiple reports confirming it so you could edit the part in guide referring to it stating that it doesn't affect the achievement. I wouldn't say to remove it completely because others/ new people (who use the guide) may not be aware that this glitch is known and that it doesn't affect the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-uwTIE=.jpg The Mantis 25:gsicon:

You defeated Yelena Fedorova, elite member of a secret mercenary hit squad.

You will get this achievement by kiling Yelena Fedorova at the very end of the Picus Headquarters level in Montreal. If you are struggling (this is the hardest boss fight and the only one that actually poses a challenge), at the start of the fight, run forward, then turn around and throw a gas grenade at her. This will keep her still for around 10 seconds. You can shoot her, use explosives, or (if you have the Rebreather augmentation and Typhoon augmentation), run up to her and use Typhoon. If you have more energy, the better this method is.

Maybe it could help :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBf71xeOtg]Deus Ex Human Revolution : How-To defeat Yelena Fedorova / "The Mantis" Achievement guide (HD 1080p) - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if the following has been mentioned or not (didnt want to wade through the pages) but:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-3TVl4=.jpg The Throwdown 15:gsicon:

You convinced the smooth-talking politician Bill Taggart to tell the truth in public.

You need to convince Bill Taggart to share some information. The dialogue in this conversation can change so following a guide won't help, you need luck and intuition. The dialogue augmentation may help.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-pQtBI=.jpg The Last Straw 15:gsicon:

You talked Doctor Isaias Sandoval out of suicide.

When you break into the hideout, you need to make your way past the enemies and initiate a talk with Isaias. He wants to commit suicide right in front of you. Use your intuition to prevent him from doing so.

If you use the Dialogue Augmentation on The Throwdown, you will be unable to get The Last Straw.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-vFVtM=.jpg Good Soul 15:gsicon:

Against all odds, you saved Faridah Malik's life.

This achievement is extremely frustrating if you're doing it on a pacifist playthrough. I found this video guide extremely helpful, it speaks a thousand words.

The video is great and all, but If you bring an EMP Grenade with you when you leave Detroit for the 2nd time, the robot becomes a 1 throw kill and there is no need to collect explosive barrels.

Oh and for the glitch where the gang members show up as skulls, it's confirmed that it does NOT affect Pacifist achievement. I got multiple reports confirming it so you could edit the part in guide referring to it stating that it doesn't affect the achievement. I wouldn't say to remove it completely because others/ new people (who use the guide) may not be aware that this glitch is known and that it doesn't affect the achievement.

Nice, thanks for this. I'll edit accordingly.

Maybe it could help :

Not sure if the following has been mentioned or not (didnt want to wade through the pages) but:

If you use the Dialogue Augmentation on The Throwdown, you will be unable to get The Last Straw.

The video is great and all, but If you bring an EMP Grenade with you when you leave Detroit for the 2nd time, the robot becomes a 1 throw kill and there is no need to collect explosive barrels.

Thanks for the info. And I used an EMP grenade too, may as well mention it.

Great guide, thanks :bow:

No problem, glad it helped :)

For throwdown it is not luck based, it is just understanding the speech system they've used. If you read the psyche profile it even tells you what to do depending on his actions

I've gone over that section of the game a few times and I've noticed that Taggart will do one of two things: Talks directly to you like a shrink would, or talks to the audience and downplays what you are saying by making you out to be some guy with a personal vendetta. If he talks straight to you - redirect, if he talks to the audience - confront.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-sptU4=.jpg Talion A.D. 10:gsicon:

Descend into the bowels of an urban jungle and confront a warrior-priest.

To get this, go to the LIMB clinic when Pritchard contacts you and tells you to go there in Hengsha 2. Speak to the Doctor on the left of the counter and he will want you to track down a rogue officer. If you are doing the 'Corporate Warfare' achievement then the manhole to his location is just next to the terrorists you have to neutralise.

Just agree with him if you want to avoid a fight and lie to the doctor. Achievement unlocked.

You don't have to lie to the doctor, I Agree'ed with the "warrior-priest" and he removed most of the belltower people walking around the place looking for me, and then I convinced the doctor that what he was doing was right and got the achievement (and a praxis kit).

Edited by SpinelesS