The Official Gears 2 Bitching Thread

NinjaGrinder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the dreaded Veteran Gear achievement which is getting to Level 100. It is already scary enough to fear a reset multiple times and grind out a lot of KOTH boosting. But I no longer have to grind this out anymore. Now it is the Seriously 2.0 I have to grind out now. Only have about 40,000/100,000 kills.

• 2 months later...
Why the fuck are so many people still playing this!? I got matched against 3 rank 100s yesterday FFS. All I need is 5 more guardian wins and my goddamn Annex.

Ouch! I've never actually played Gears 2 online, I only tried once and couldn't get a match, now I'm too afraid to try as I'll probably get destroyed by a team of rank 100's. XD

• 3 months later...

I don't have gold so I haven't played online yet, but reading some of the previous comments it sounds like I should be greatful.

Anyway, complaints:

-A button: sometimes I want my guy to get into cover, but he rolls out in the open. Others I want him to roll, and he gets stuck to a cover item. And on the occasions I want him to climb a ledge, he might decide to roll to the side a few times before complying.

-Mortar: I love shooting this thing, but it drives me nuts when my guy sometimes refuses to drop it or move afterwards.

-Shotgun Bots: I've done my multiplayer achievements with just bots, and I've noticed they seem to be a master at using the shotgun to blow me away when I try to get close. Like I'll hit one 3 or so times and he's not downed, then he'll hit me once and I end up gibbed everywhere.

-Grinding Achievements: first there's Seriously 2, which is at least 12 hrs. Then there's Party, which takes even more then that, I don't even know how much. Now I'm hearing Veteran Gear takes 6 million plus experience. Sounds like the most I can get offline is 1000 per insane horde round, which would mean at least 6000 rounds, so that'd be at least 3 times as much as Party. I get that they want to reward dedicated players, but that's crazy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Several problems:

Having to complete the rest in coop campaign to get the final campaign achievement, but concerned since they didn't fix the profile corruption glitch which messes up if played split-screen.

Horde achievements. Never can get the right maps or even the people to complete the final DLC ones.

Just my current concerns right now.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if I'd call this 'bitching' but for me, it's a grind trying to chase Seriously 2.0 but so far, it is substantially easier to get than Seriously 3.0 which is unobtainable IMO.

100,000 Kills: Fair enough. The part of the level "The Big Push" where you use the turret to mow down the enemies pouring out of the cave underground and hijacking the tank-like vehicles. I could grind out about 3000 kills in a single sitting, depending on the right timing of course. :)

My primary bitching is that I find myself unable to find anyone to play co-op with. Would like to knock that out of the way.