"I Will Survive" Achievement Guide.

Hey guys I just finished making this guide for the Survival Mode achievement. Hope this helps, and if anyone notices anything I can add or fix please tell me, thanks!

I suggest getting this achievement in co-op, preferably 2 players (that way there aren't tons of enemies cluttering the screen). This achievement sounds harder than it really is. Yes you only get one life, but if you've played through the game already and payed attention and took the time to figure out the patterns of the game, it's a piece of cake... or pizza I should say.

EDIT: After playing Survival Mode both solo and co-op, I've actually found that playing alone is easier, at least for me anyway. Try it on solo first and if you're still having trouble, try co-op. Just make sure one turtle attacks (bosses) at a time or things can get confusing.

The game shouldn't be too difficult on Normal. Beating up all the baddies is easy, the only trouble I predict people having is on the bosses. I've done my best to write out this guide for each boss based on my experience, and I can honestly say using these strategies I can beat every boss in the game without losing a life. And if I can do it, anyone can. *EDIT: I recommend using Leonardo for survival as he is the most well rounded of the turtles.

Level 1: Big Apple, 3AM

BOSS: Baxter Stockman

Baxter is one of, if not the easiest boss in the game. All you have to do is stay below him when he is flying so he can't shoot you, then when he lands get in close for a quick three hits with your regular attack (X). When his life is half gone he will pull out his second gun which is stronger and faster. Doesn't matter though just do the same thing as before, just make sure you hit him as soon as he lands on the ground and he won't be able to get a shot off.

Level 2: Alleycat Blues

BOSS: Metalhead

Metalhead is not a difficult boss either. You have to be a little more careful, especially if you're trying to get multiple hits on him at once. I don't recommend that though. I suggest just go in and land one quick special attack (Y), get away, and go in for another. It's pretty easy since his attacks aren't very accurate or fast. Once in a while he'll do this jump kick (and he'll do 3 in a row every time), all you have to do then is just get away and let him miss 3 times.

Level 3: Sewer Surfin'

BOSS: No boss in Arcade version.

Level 4: B.C. 2500000000: Prehistoric Turtlesaurus

BOSS: Cement Man

It took me a few tries to figure out this bosses pattern, the main thing that kept catching me is when he would go underground. I used to try to jump away but he would get me every time. Then I figured out that if you just run away from him he can't catch you, he's too slow. When he pops up from the ground don't go right in for attacks, wait. He'll throw a sludge ball at you. Dodge it and then go in for 2 or 3 quick hits, but don't stay close for too long because he goes back in the ground fast after being hit.

Level 5: A.D. 1530: Skull and Crossbones

BOSS: Tokka and Rahzar

Even though there are two bosses in this level it's VERY easy, even by yourself. I found that the easiest way to beat them is to just keep doing jump kicks. It does a pretty good amount of damage and it's fast. If you just keep jumping and kicking, staying in the air, Tokka and Rahzar can't even get a hit in. The only thing you have to look out for is Tokkas' razor shell spin attack. When he does this don't worry about attacking, just jump around dodging the attack until he stops.

Level 6: A.D. 1885: Bury my Shell at Wounded Knee

BOSS: Leatherhead

Leatherhead is a hit and move kind of boss, you can't really stay in too long or he'll pull out a knife and shank ya'. Get a hit on him and he'll do a charge attack. He'll go back and fourth across the screen 3 times (sometimes only 1 or 2, but rarely). Dodge them by jumping over him. When he stops he'll be on one of the far sides of the screen. Just make sure you're not on the same horizontal plain as him when he stops or he'll throw knives at you. Attack him from above or below, you can usually get 2 or 3 hits in before he goes for another charge attack. Just repeat this process.

Level 7: A.D. 2020: Neon Night-Riders

BOSS: Super Krang

Krang and his robot are actually pretty easy. All you do is get a few quick hits in, I usually get in about 3 or 4. After that move away, he'll usually go for a kick attack or a clap attack. Just dodge it quickly and go in for another 3 or 4 hits. That's all, he shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Level 8: A.D. 2100: Starbase

BOSS: Krang in a spaceship

This is one of the more annoying boss fights in the game. It's probably the one I have the most trouble with. Try to stay vertical with him, never attack him from the sides or he'll trap you in a bubble, which takes away health. Try attack him vertically, when you see him shake for a second or two get out of the way. He'll try to slam you, just be quick and don't get greedy with the attacks, get what you can and dodge. When he starts to drop the little robots, take care of them fast. You don't want too many of those things walking around freely, they get in a lot of cheap damaging attacks. If you stay close to Krang you can take out the robots as soon as he drops them while getting some hits in on him. Be very patient with this boss, I suggest practicing in quick play. *EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that you don't actually have to fight Krang if you don't want to. You can just avoid his attacks the whole fight and take out the little robots when he drops them, eventually he goes away. Thanks to everyone who let me know this.

Level 9: A.D. 1992: Technodrome: The Final Shell-Shock

BOSS: Shredder

Shredder can be a pain if you don't know his patterns, but once you do he's not so bad. Just try to work him into one of the upper corners so you can fight against the rail and keep the fight horizontal. Once he's in the corner go for a regular attack, but ONLY one. He'll dodge it by backing away into the corner. Once he does that back up a little bit because he'll go for an attack right after he dodges (usually a kick or sword swipe, sometimes a radial blast attack). After he misses quickly go in for 3 quick shots, he might block and attack once in a while but you can usually get some good hits in. After your 3 hits back away and repeat this process. Let him attack and miss, go in for 3 shots and back away. When his health gets low he'll do this attack where he levitates and tries to shoot you with a turtle soup beam (similar to the 1989 arcade). However this attack is very easy to avoid. Just stay close to him while he's in the air (almost right underneath him) and wait for him to land to get a couple of free shots.

Well that's it. I hope this guide helps anyone having trouble with those frustrating boss battles. The only other advice I can give is to help out your team mate if you're playing co-op. If your going for the achievement that doesn't mean you can let your friend do all the work, remember you BOTH only have one life. Help each other out. Most boss fights usually have a pizza or two in them. Use this to your advantage, attack the boss for a while and let your friend sit back and retain their health. If you start getting into trouble and losing health tell your friend to jump in and fight for a while so you can get the pizza, then if your friend starts getting into trouble you can jump in and help them. Just be smart about how you distribute the pizzas, don't grab one if you don't need one and be careful fighting near one because you can get knocked onto one accidentally.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by BillyKlyde
  • Thanks 1

for leatherhead, just do the jump kicks (3 times) and move back for his charge attack

and for super krang, just attack him vertically (3 times) and pull away for his clap attack (that's what he does most)

seems like both of them didn't move in the 3d era :p

Leatherhead can do his charge on the vertical plane. He did it to me once on my last run through.

Super Krang is the only boss that really gives me problems. The rest is fairly cake.

Was goofing off fighting Shredder with no attempt at strategy on quickplay and I noticed something. If he does his jump attack, get out of the way. It turned me into a baby turtle and instantly killed. If you avoid that attack, the guy is cake.

Edited by whelaro

Yeah, I beat the living hell out of Survival mode. I was so surprised because I died like 4 times on Normal Story, but I think Survival mode is actually easier. It could just be that I already figured out the enemy paths, but I have a suspicion.

I found Shredder to be quite easy. Krang right before him, though...totally different story.

Also, with Tokka and Rahzar with Leonardo (maybe everyone), using his Y attack on either of them immediately after they jump and stomp knocks them right back down. Oh, and they'll just get back up and jump and stomp again for a nice semi-infinite loop since they don't do it all the time.

I used Leo because his Special Attack is by far the most awesomely unfair to enemies.

Edited by KingBroly
  • Like 1

For Tokka and Rahzar I used X then immediately Y over and over to hurt and knock them down. Took very little damage at the bosses (stupid boards though!). Watch out when you fight Super Krang though, I got stuck on an attack he pulled with rockets where after the first hit I couldn't move and he drained my whole life bar.

I soooo do not recommend 4-player co op for this achievement. The reason for this is because if three players dies and they all quit and leave, the remaining player will be taken back to the main menu.

This happened to me earlier today. I was playing in a 3-player co op in survival mode and during level 4 two of the other players died and i was the only one left playing and after the other two players left, i was taken back to the main menu in the middle of gameplay....and i never died.

I guess I could TRY to do that. The only thing you have worry about in that level is the Gunners. I hate those freaking things. They can take away half your health in a couple of seconds. Krang isn't that bad either, because besides his "bitchslap" attack, he only attacks directly to his left or right.

The Shredder fight video is up. It didn't turn out half bad I think. It's still kind of uploading, though. I did mess up on the order of the title cards, though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2qUMPHL8s]YouTube - Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Shredder Boss Strategy Fight[/ame]

Edited by KingBroly

The strategy I've tried with Krang is just chasing him with the special attack. I haven't tested with Leo and Mike yet, but with Raphael and Donatello it works like a charm. Use the movement of the attack to cut Krang off. The only thing you have to worry about is his bubble, but if you interrupt him with the attack and make it to the opposite side the bubble is coming from, he stops it immediately.

Shredder's a cake walk. Just go towards him and double jump. Use the first jump to bait an attack and move away (so run at hom then jump away) then use the mid-air jump to go over his head and behind him, then fall with the aerial attack and repeat. I used this method and beat Shredder without getting hit.