Multiplayer is a joke?

Bredo74IT

I can't believe that in 2010 a multiplayer game could possibly be like this one!

The weapons choice is ridicolous, just a few! You can't lay down, only knee yourself! The map is incredibly short with a stupid out of map system. They put a lot of online achievements just to be sure that someone will play this crap game online! The campaign is good, not as good as COD obviously, but the multiplayer it's ridicolous! Someone tell me that this is a joke!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to go prone? why? this game has enough bullshit camping as it is without people laying down so you can't see them and and picking you off all the time!

I don't find the Multiplayer for MoH fun at all to be honest, you spawn and if your lucky you can get away without having a bullet put in your head within seconds.

If you dont like it, then dont play it...

problem solved...

personally i love it, i never get the camping problem other people are trashing it for, i guess you just dont move fast enough.

I like spawning only to get instantly killed by a camper before the game will let me move anywhere! Or spawn killed by a mortar strike etc called in on my spawn point by some camping sniper somewhere. It has nothing to do with not moving fast enough! FACT- the game rewards the hardcore camper by giving him killstreak rewards easily and also by use of the dire spawn system. The games flaws really aren't defendable, it's garbage plain and simple.

"If you dont like it, then dont play it...problem solved..."

Well not really, as I've paid hard earned money for this shit and won't get that back (fully).

SP was awesome. I loved it. Yeah it was short but it was still a great story.

Weapons: I really don't care about selections, it makes it even on both sides. But we are used to a bigger selection.

MP: The 1st couple of days I was in love with this game, but that only lasted a couple of days. Playing 4 maps over and over again got old very quick. Not to mention spawn camping sucks/also fun..... If you are the one doing the spawn camping, nothing like killing people running around with their heads cut off, but it does suck being that person.

Don't even get me started on the sniping. Why are there 24 people in a room and more than 12 of them are sniping. It really makes this game unplayable and to all of you that love this game, you are the ones sniping for sure. And the rest of the people that are not sniping are camping, there are only a few that actually gun on this game.

This game is flop, I will give it a 5

I don't know how this game is even considered to be a top contender for the game of the year, what a joke.

This post got it right. This has to be a joke and an expensive one at that for most of us. The spawnraping is the worst I have ever seen and nobody even mentioned the curving bullets. Why even have cover? Might as well be one flat plane where everyone snipes each other. I am not a COD fanboy but I will definitely trade this in and give Black Ops a try, at least until there is a new Battlefield. It could hardly be worse.

I don't know what all the bad reviews are about this but I really enjoy this game!

Actually at last a realistic army game that can be a bit compared to the "Americas Army" game I liked to play and the "Call of Duty 2 single player" war impact!

Single player is short, but great to play and has some nice variety on all this.

It's not that hard on hard, till you go Tier 1 (1life that is).

Multiplayer is awesome! Ok, It's not COD and might not be loved by everyone but that's most likely why I personally think it's better and why most people disagree. Agreed, it might not be for everyone but not everyone is up for a realistic shooter, compared to arcade style shooters nowadays. It would be more advisable to consider which shooter your prefer: Realistic or arcade?

I actually agree on previous sayings: Medal of honor is a realistic shooter, combining the best of Battlefield 2 and Call Of Duty (again: making it realistic). People who disagree better look back at what they are looking for in a shooter (realistic or arcade) and have a look for which players this game was created (and supported by).

Multiplayer was very good taking care of and most people complaining don't really get the idea behind it!

Some remarks on bad comments to think about:

- In a real-life war, you most likely end up with the gear you can use in this game! (you can customize accordingly and Afghans have other weapons!)

- This game takes place in Afghanistan, don't expect an Eifel tower or something in it! (Yes, it's all sand, bushes and kinda). It's not Medal Of Honor: world attack!

- Yes, in real life you most likely would end up in battle getting shot in the front line ( you even have the option to spawn on command post). Anyone was paying attention in history (This is d-day, normandy war-style...)

- spawn campers are and will always be lame players (this has nothing to do with a game itself). Besides, I haven't had any real problem towards this in this game...

- variety in game modes makes it good! (new maps will most-likely come by) If I played Battlefield 2, it had about the same amount of maps...

- If you liked multiplayer of Rainbow Six Vegas or Americas Army (pc version), you will most likely love this one! Even though, it's not CQB all the way.

- This game is taking too much bad comments because of players looking for unrealistic shooters. It actually let me think after purchasing that I pre-ordered a bad game, reading the comments after the release. It's better than I thought it would be, and well worth it's price!!!

- Every level is well considered for hiding places, entries, cover and good teamwork. Brilliant job!

- about people playing this game and still complaining about the gameplay... a good player, doesn't make a good team; it's not arcade!

ps: I am not a fanboy of whatsoever and like both COD and MOH singleplayer, but personally dislike COD:MW2 multiplayer! Not saying it's bad, just not my thing, but calling it a bad game would be disrespectful.

I can call myself a real gamer, active for several years, coming from a time where 8-bit colours still had a WOW effect. Considering the majority of players nowadays, let me think about overspoiled teenagers (or solely achievement hunters) who have no idea about the concept or give credit for the idea behind it! Even makes you think what "reviews" are worth... It's what's good for spoiled teenagers with annoying voices or badass talkers on the network. That would cover half of the gamers, luckily, we still have games like this.

But then again, this is what will make this game an "underdog", loved by a selective group... My advice: Don't blame a game for not being your cup of tea!

Edited by Divian BE

I used to hate this game, but im starting to come around. Once this patch gets released it will make it that much better. Don't get me wrong, it still has its shortcomings but you really can't play this game like it is cod though. Being stupid and running around like rambo will get you picked off in no time.

SP was awesome. I loved it. Yeah it was short but it was still a great story.

Weapons: I really don't care about selections, it makes it even on both sides. But we are used to a bigger selection.

MP: The 1st couple of days I was in love with this game, but that only lasted a couple of days. Playing 4 maps over and over again got old very quick. Not to mention spawn camping sucks/also fun..... If you are the one doing the spawn camping, nothing like killing people running around with their heads cut off, but it does suck being that person.

Don't even get me started on the sniping. Why are there 24 people in a room and more than 12 of them are sniping. It really makes this game unplayable and to all of you that love this game, you are the ones sniping for sure. And the rest of the people that are not sniping are camping, there are only a few that actually gun on this game.

This game is flop, I will give it a 5

I don't know how this game is even considered to be a top contender for the game of the year, what a joke.

Umm.. I used Rifleman and Special Ops a lot more than sniping and I still like the game. You people are just a bunch of whiners that are offended by every little thing! Oh no, only a few weapons! What will we do? They are all the same anyways just like in COD so stop your bitching.

Totally agree with topic...the Multiplayer is the best thing about this game and it sucks. I can honestly say I wish I was back playing COD, but alas traded it away.

Renter for sure, I'm just hanging out in the game types for two hours to get my 80 points.

I think you're confusing MOH with MW2. I haven't noticed any of this on MOH. :)

I'm not confusing anything here thanks. Perhaps you play with your eyes shut? Time and time again some sniper/camper hangs back and picks people off. He then gets his first killstreak reward and mortars the enemy spawn area, which in turn gives him his next more powerfull reward. This goes on until he gets the cruise missile and then the process restarts. I've seen it happen plenty of times whilst playing combat mission. For the record I'm not a MW2 fan either, I prefer more realistic shooters but they can only be found on pc's and sadly none of my buddies play pc :)

The sad thing about this is that they had the same problems in the beta. All it was a camping fest. What was the use of the beta when they did not fix anything? I got my 1000 thank goodness and now selling it. It's only worth $32 on a trade in what does that tell you? Campaign is great but way too short. I hated the Tier 1 but was able to do it in 1 night. Firestrike was easy once I hit level seven sniper and just played combat missions. Snipe Snipe Baby.

I can't read all the crap erverybody whrote about this game.

Ugly online games:

Conflict: Denied Ops, Call of Duty 3, Far Cry 2, FEAR 1/2, Singularity, Wolfenstein....and so on.

THIS Game is better then all these games. So what the hell your are screaming? It's a good MP, you can get the achivements, it's fast, it's looking good and it's 12 vs. 12.

I even like the singleplayer campaign. I salute when the AC130 bomb the hell out of the Taliban-Mountain. "Yes SIR!" :uzi:

So PLEAAAAASE: Don't play this game, play COD. Please! So i can play this game with thousands of other players which like it very much.

If nobody like it...why erverybody play it?

I've slated the game for a number of reasons but as I've been working towards level 15 for assault class over the weekend I've been really enjoying it.

I only play sector control and there has been much less sniping and camping in the games I've been in - skill level may have something to do with it - the higher up you get the less people seem to camp, in this gametype at least.

The only thing I've had to moan about this weekend is the odd game having lag and that map with the little stream that runs through the middle - it's ridiculously small for 12v12.

Here's my beef about this game:

I enjoyed the SP-campaign, although it was short. The two things that stand out in MoH is being able to lean your upper body, and slide in behind cover. But surprise! They called in Dice to make the multiplayer so of course they used BFBC2, not as an inspiration, they've taken the MP straight from that game! That's why you can't prone, lean or slide.

I played last weekend on a server, there were no snipers around for a while. It was a fantastic feel and high tempo game.. Unfortunatly this seldom happens because of the Fire Controller achievement, which forces people to camp.. That's really bad.

So.. Medal of Honor is basically a single player campaign, and in the bundle, you get a diet version of BFBC2 multiplayer. Why coudn't they bother enough to make a multiplayer version of the game that is actually released.. LAME!