which game ??

lets play

well I have heard that the Terminator game really sucks. Its only 4 hours, the gameplay isnt supposed to be good or fun, and it only has offline co-op which isnt supposed to be very good either. The only bright side is if you beat the game on Hard mode you will have all the achievements.

Now I rented Bionic Commando and I think the campaign is pretty fun. If you like the multiplayer demo like I did then you will have a blast with the multiplayer as well. The only bad things I would say about it would be that if you are playing it on the Hard or Commando difficulty, completeing the challenges and getting the collectibles can be pretty unforgiving because if you finish a challenge or get a collectible and you die, you will have to get them all over again unless you reach a checkpoint (which are pretty far apart from each other). Also the story of the campaign isnt that great either but thats just a minor problem.

So if you already liked the multiplayer demo or you know you will like the game then by all means buy Bionic Commando, and save Terminator Salvation for a rent at best if you only want the achievements.

IF your going to buy one or the other and have NO other choices, I'd say go with Bionic Commando, and possibly rent Terminator: Salvation (Just because of it's length). It took me about 4 days to 100% BC, when I usually 1000 games in 1 to 2 days max. But thats just me, other people may have other opinions.

If you must buy one then Bionic Commando because Terminator is short, too easy and has no online multiplayer and 0 replay value. Really though you should save your money for one of the upcoming titles (Red Faction 2, Prototype, Overlord 2,Lost Planet 2, Batman..). You can rent Terminator, get 1000, return it the same day ( or exchange it if you can convince them to do that ) and rent Bionic Commando. Unless you are busy with school and work like when I first rented it, it is easily completable within a rental period.

• 1 year later...