Fable for Kinect, Good or Bad?

E the Maniac

As most people know, Fable: The Journey is being released for Xbox 360 Kinect and I want to know if the Kinect will stop you from purchasing the new Fable game. I have plans to purchase it because it could actually be a good game if it doesn't require have a lot of bugs and the movements are simple

It does require it and I wouldn't be getting it if my 360 didn't come with a kinect. Im really only buying it because I am a big fan of Fable and beaten them Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Fable II, and Fable III.

If you like "on rails" style games you will probably like it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/12/fable-the-journey-could-be-a-rough-one/

Never been a big Fable fan, but this one just sounds extra lame. I do like the part in that article where he says

"we want to make a great Kinect game"

Made me laugh as there is no such thing as a great Kinect game.

Kinect lovers need to reply as I don't count you as human. :p

I haven't really been interested in anything Fable related since the ending of Fable 2. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Games should not go out of their way to make you feel guilty for the choices you make. That goes for the denziens of the Fable Universe wondering why their loved ones are dead and I got my family (read: dog) back, the aliens in Halo crying that I killed their best friend or their my Sims wailing over the grave of the family member that drowned because I removed the ladder to the pool.

I haven't really been interested in anything Fable related since the ending of Fable 2. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Games should not go out of their way to make you feel guilty for the choices you make. That goes for the denziens of the Fable Universe wondering why their loved ones are dead and I got my family (read: dog) back, the aliens in Halo crying that I killed their best friend or their my Sims wailing over the grave of the family member that drowned because I removed the ladder to the pool.

You're boring then. I love when games do that. I'm tired of all the "good guys win, bad guys don't win". Mix it up a bit. Let the bad guys win and the good guys die. Like Red Dead Redemption. Was not expecting that. Or American Psycho. Freaking killed the cops and then still got away with all of it, despite even admitting it to his lawyer. Loved it.

The more "wrong", as people are babies about all this, it is, then the better it is and the more I enjoy it. Having the same thing dished out for every game, movie, shows, is just overkill and totally boring.

I honestly thing the best thing to happen for Kinect is going to be a free-roam rpg of some sort. Making combat turn-based like old-school RPGs is an interesting idea to fight Kinects wonkiness.

Molyneaux has promised (repeatedly) that this game is going to be open world; meanwhile everything they've shown has ben on rails and combat has been a bland "flap hand at screen to kill all enemies" because you can't "aim" a Kinect (why a FPS will never work for Kinect, not this generation, but I digress). This makes me worried, but I'll be playing it opening week and will likely beat it too, unless its just unplayable.

You're boring then. I love when games do that. I'm tired of all the "good guys win, bad guys don't win". Mix it up a bit. Let the bad guys win and the good guys die. Like Red Dead Redemption. Was not expecting that. Or American Psycho. Freaking killed the cops and then still got away with all of it, despite even admitting it to his lawyer. Loved it.

The more "wrong", as people are babies about all this, it is, then the better it is and the more I enjoy it. Having the same thing dished out for every game, movie, shows, is just overkill and totally boring.

That's not it at all. Not even kind of sort of close. I have no problem with morally ambiguous choices, but when the people around town randomly come up to you asking why you got your family back, that smacks of the game trying to guilt you.

And I think you should get tested for psychopathy based on your response.

The problem I feel with Fable: The Journey is Fable is being taken in a direction it's hardcore fans won't enjoy, like myself. The idea of having Melee/Range/Magic combat all in one fight is the best part especially the effortless exchanging of each but this takes out the need for Melee/Range and sticks you on a rail with fireballs. There are a few people that might enjoy the lore enough to play it, and it does open itself up to the casual fans. I just feel like they've taken everything away from Fable that I've liked over every game, even to the point where it's not an RPG any more. Even if this is full exploration will it be like Rise of Nightmares where moving forward takes more effort than in real life?

The saddest part is it's not even a rail shooter we'd all enjoy like Time Crisis, or even just a Kinect version of Point Blank which would have been hilarious.

Of course I could easily say myself that Fable 1 was the best, Fable 2 was good but everything new sucked and didn't work, and Fable 3 was a major disappointment full of hogwash and broken promises which I can't even bring myself to play, oh and Fable Heroes, that's great to minus a few small problems.

Made me laugh as there is no such thing as a great Kinect game.

Kinect lovers need to reply as I don't count you as human. :p

Only kinect game I consider good that I have played is Gunstringer the rest of the "good" ones are "fitness" apps like your shape.

• 4 months later...
Eh... What I like about Fable is making a character and doing what you like. The Kinect Fable doesn't let you create a character and forces you to just use magic. I'll play it, but I think I'm just going to wait until it drops in price.

same here i like how u can free roam and stuff but i will get this 1 but like you say i will wait till it drops in price as i dont think it will be worth £40-45.