I don't think difficulty makes a difference in this game, it's just the number of quests you do, and grinding you put into the game. I did the Main Story an all Faction quests, and a bunch of the side quests on Easy(140 completed quests in total), and I'm at lvl 36. I did the Main Story an two of the five faction quest lines, and some of the side quests(85 completed quests in total), and I'm at lvl 29. I guess the thing is there might be a chance that the higher difficulty might yields more Xp, but I don't see that being possible. I'd suggest you start doing side quests they do turn a profit.

Well you don't really "have to". You're at a high enough level now to beat the game easily, and get all the achievements if you want. I can't believe you've done all the quests...I hit 40 about 2 hours before I beat the game and I had about 20-25 unfinished quests in my menu, and hadn't even touched the House of Valor.

Hmm, I had the opposite problem.. there weren't enough levels! Reached level 40 in the first area of Alabastra... Use reckoning mode whenever there are lots of enemies or a troll or something... and do quests, quests, quests... you can't have done all, because then you should be level 40 if you also beat the game

EDIT: You should have enough for the highest tier achieve if you go for jack-of-all-trades, you need 37 in each for that one, and you were level 36, which means you have 108 points, plus 3 you get at level 0 (i think), that's 111 points... 111/3 = 37, which is what you need in each for the highest tier destiny

Edited by menopsycho

If you have house of valor, there is a merchant who sells greater experience booster potions, and there is a mat you can sleep on next to him (2 x 24 hours = restock)

I could be wrong, but I think the level of the monsters in a location may be based on the level you were when you first entered the area. If that is the case, the best location to level up will differ from person to person.

I am still on the main Island (currently level 37) and of all the locations I can currently visit I would say that the blackened Hall (unlocks through the travellers quest line) is the best place for experience for me as it has a bunch of Niskaru (I would generally fasttravel to Cloudcrest in Detyre, use the nearby Shrine to Ethene, and then fasttravel to Blackened Hall in Tywili coast)

EDIT: Just incase you didn't know:

Look for shrines of Ethene, for there juicy +20% experience bonus

Use Charged attacks and different abilities to charge your fate faster.

Use reckoning mode to gain bonus xp

Edited by SpinelesS

Dude you just need to re-spec everything so you have 37 in each category, ( Might 37: Finesse 37: Sorcery 37), but I mean once you get to lvl 36. To get a top-tier destiny from one of the 3 branches requires higher level, but reaching lvl 36 re-specing your character an dividing it into 37 each is much easier

It doesn't matter if he re-specs at level 36... he's still not going to have enough. And splitting your points into the three classes equally doesn't make a difference compared to putting them all into one class (110 points needed) or two classes (55 points needed each). He has to rank up to level 37 no matter how he slices it.

To OP, I don't know if difficulty makes a diff with XP either, but your statement about completing main story, all factions, & 140 side quests, yet only getting to level 36 on easy makes me think there may be a difference. I only ran through the game once on hard. I got bored *very* quickly so I stopped deliberately doing side quests after ~90 or so. I completed the game, & all quests that yield achievements & ended up at almost level 39. I think my side quests ended up at just over 100. I rarely used reckoning mode & xp potions, but did try to remember to stack them when I had big fights (trolls, niskaru groups, etc). I never had to grind anything & I don't remember my total play time, but it was pretty short (I skipped almost all dialog near the end tho). Remember there's an epic gem that gives 10% additional XP you can craft too.

It doesn't matter if he re-specs at level 36... he's still not going to have enough. And splitting your points into the three classes equally doesn't make a difference compared to putting them all into one class (110 points needed) or two classes (55 points needed each). He has to rank up to level 37 no matter how he slices it.

To OP, I don't know if difficulty makes a diff with XP either, but your statement about completing main story, all factions, & 140 side quests, yet only getting to level 36 on easy makes me think there may be a difference. I only ran through the game once on hard. I got bored *very* quickly so I stopped deliberately doing side quests after ~90 or so. I completed the game, & all quests that yield achievements & ended up at almost level 39. I think my side quests ended up at just over 100. I rarely used reckoning mode & xp potions, but did try to remember to stack them when I had big fights (trolls, niskaru groups, etc). I never had to grind anything & I don't remember my total play time, but it was pretty short (I skipped almost all dialog near the end tho). Remember there's an epic gem that gives 10% additional XP you can craft too.

Sorry I never really bothered to look, but to clarify this all then getting to level thirty-six well yield the possibility of obtaining a top-tier destiny. You can put points into one skill-tree yielding 109; you can put points into two skill-trees yielding 110; and you can put points into all three skill-trees yielding 111. Given that you get three free points at the beginning you should have a total of 111 at level thirty-six

As to what you've said I think more, and more that having the difficulty at hard as opposed to easy will yield more xp. So after level thirty-six leveling up is only up to you, and I love this game to death, but it's not as if you can carry your save over(that would be so awesome).

Edited by JDMBO1

I am on hard and I don't know where you got 140 side quests? I never said that. Ive done about 100 and am only halfway through level 35. I am just going to send the game back this is too much of a hassle on a game like this. Ill just have to settle with 950.

Dude just do the side quests it's much easier an quicker I don't know why you haven't either

As an FYI...I just hit level 33 and JUST got to the second island. If I were you I would go back and do all the side quests starting from the South East side of the map making your way back to the starting area.

I havent been to the end of the game yet, but I assume there is a final dungeon, or a dungeon that has higher level stuff? Cant you just go in there, pop reckoning and an experience pot and go to town?

Edited by darkx3no

I did all quests on main land and believe I was max level before I even hit the 2 land

I am not sure that is possible, I know I did all side quests, all lorestones, all factions (except house of sorrows) and as many tasks as possible and only hit 33 after hitting the new island. I also used exp pots and recknoning a decent amount.

Once you hit around level 32, everything on the main island is gray and gives very very small amounts of XP. 15xp max per kill and you need like 60k xp to go from level 32 - 33. Which would mean you would have to kill 4000 things to gain 1 level. So unless you did some INSANE grinding, you might be mistaken.

I am not sure that is possible, I know I did all side quests, all lorestones, all factions (except house of sorrows) and as many tasks as possible and only hit 33 after hitting the new island. I also used exp pots and recknoning a decent amount.

Once you hit around level 32, everything on the main island is gray and gives very very small amounts of XP. 15xp max per kill and you need like 60k xp to go from level 32 - 33. Which would mean you would have to kill 4000 things to gain 1 level. So unless you did some INSANE grinding, you might be mistaken.

I just hit level 40 and I am still on the main Island. (up to the start of "An Old Friend" and "The Great General")

At least some locations lock to your level when you visit them. I Did most of my Faction Stories Around level 36 Onwards, so locations Like Skycrown (Scholary Arcana), and The Blackened Hall (travelers) had Orange named opponents for me to fight for 1000+ exp per kill. And though his name was grey, the Niskaru Tyrant in Skolia Mine still gave 4000+ exp (the smaller niskaru gave around 800 or so)

Speaking of level 40, Once I leveled up I no longer got experience. Has anyone tried staying on level 39 and seeing if you can gain more experience? (eventually leveling up past 40)

Edited by SpinelesS

Think theres about 214ish, And did anyone else get more exp then maxing at 40?? Cuz my guy has about 10k more exp after I reached 40 but then stoped getting exp

I think it adds whatever you went past the xp needed to ding 40 by, and adds it toward 41, but that's it. I hit 40 after Reckoning a large group of enemies, and got like 5,600 xp. I needed 3000 something to Max level, so when all was said and done I had about 2,500 toward level 41, but it stopped moving then :/

I believe I remember killing creatures and still getting exp, Then it just stoped. Tho could be mistaken, Tho then again 10k extra exp is quite a bit extra so who knows. But this does bring up the fact you can go past level 40 cuz most games that have a cap won't even show the next level it'll just end, So any DLC's or maybe "hacks" could get you above normal "max" level, Seeing as how there is only a temporary lock on your level/exp in the game.

I believe I remember killing creatures and still getting exp, Then it just stoped. Tho could be mistaken, Tho then again 10k extra exp is quite a bit extra so who knows. But this does bring up the fact you can go past level 40 cuz most games that have a cap won't even show the next level it'll just end, So any DLC's or maybe "hacks" could get you above normal "max" level, Seeing as how there is only a temporary lock on your level/exp in the game.

Could be...I'm just hoping that means there will be a level raise to at least 50 in this months dlc! You're right, usually when a game has a level cap, it stops directly at that amount of xp. I think this is a pretty good indication they plan to increase it at some point, even if it's not this month's dlc.

The only thing that worries me a bit is that the skills herbolism and what not are pretty much all maxed out on 40, Except for 3 of them. So after level 44 I thered be no reason for skill points. But maybe they are just planing to level up for the class points.