Better than "Sniper-Ghost Warrior"

stook

Hey Guys,

i have played Sniper Ghost Warrior. Not the best @ all.

My Question is this game comparable to Sniper GW? or is it better?

Should i buy this game - How is your opinion? i´m undecided.

It's similar in that you're moving around trying to complete your objective and killing people along the way. I enjoyed both, but I liked Sniper Elite better because I played the first one on the PC, so my opinion is biased. Also, Sniper Elite has the X-Ray cam so you can see where your bullet goes through the enemy's body and watch as it mutilates their organs. If you didn't enjoy Ghost Warrior, I wouldn't really recommend Sniper Elite because they're both the same concept.

I HAVE TO DISAGREE!!! Sniper Elite is fantastic I hated GHOST, Elite is 100x more realistic and fun

No one can even compare Ghost with Elite. Sniper Ghost Warrior lost its chance at the beging with crappy AI.

Sniper Elite instead took the gameplay concept and give you a wonderfull experience with a good challenge at higher difficulties and great simulation of a real bullet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wrote a review of Ghost Warrior. I thought it was a good game, not great by any means. At the time, if I remember correctly, there weren't a lot of games coming out. It was a quick single-player campaign that held my attention.

SEV2 is more fun though. Both can be repetitive. I'm not sure that a "sniper-only" game can be made that isn't repetitive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ghost Warrior isn't half the game Sniper Elite is. In GW, the AI could see you at midnight, with no moon, in 10' tall grass, from 5 miles away. That was what sucked and ruined that game...to me.

At the same time, Sniper Elite, somehow enemies know exactly where you are shooting from as soon as you pull the trigger, even if you are way up high and prone behind cover. They find you way too fast IMO even on Cadet. In a realistic setting, you would be able to polish off 5-6 guys before they would have a clue where the shots were coming from, especially in a city where the shot would echo all around making it very hard to pinpoint origion. Either way, Sniper Elite is a very good game. Lacking in some areas, but more than making up for it with somewhat realistic ballistics, and smart AI, maybe a bit too much in some situations.

Kills in SE are very satisfying, especially once you get used to full physics and pull 300 meter headshots. Really fun game if you like sniping.

• 2 weeks later...
At the same time, Sniper Elite, somehow enemies know exactly where you are shooting from as soon as you pull the trigger, even if you are way up high and prone behind cover. They find you way too fast IMO even on Cadet. In a realistic setting, you would be able to polish off 5-6 guys before they would have a clue where the shots were coming from, especially in a city where the shot would echo all around making it very hard to pinpoint origion. .

Its because of the sound, they can easily pin point it. you have to use the noise in the area as a distraction