Achievement Discussion

ShotyMcFat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to hijack that first wraith on that pain in the ass level. I'm after mortardom. I've got a nice wee routine down where I can wipe everyone out so it's just me and the wraith, but for whatever reason I can't plant myself in that gunner seat. I'm attempting it with just sprinting, jumping and using the jet pack without using the plasma pistol. Any hints?

I've been trying to hijack that first wraith on that pain in the ass level. I'm after mortardom. I've got a nice wee routine down where I can wipe everyone out so it's just me and the wraith, but for whatever reason I can't plant myself in that gunner seat. I'm attempting it with just sprinting, jumping and using the jet pack without using the plasma pistol. Any hints?

Yea, use a plasma pistol. The first wraith you come across is not that useful since you won't be able to get it onto the mammoth to cross the tributary. But you might be able to if you destroy the wraith's pointy sides. So if you have to, get the wraith in the next area with the 3 shields you have to destroy. Get a plasma pistol and any precision weapon. Take out the gunner. Plasma pistol the wraith, doing it multiple times if you have to and then jump on it and get on the plasma turret. This forces the driver to get out allowing you to kill him with the turret. You can kill 3 or 4 wraiths in the next section but then you come across another tributary. So you have to leave that wraith behind and continue. In the next area, make sure you grab a plasma pistol before you enter the forerunner area and carry it with you until you get back outside. Outside there will be many wraiths. Just got this a few hours ago, so everything is fresh in my head lol.

Yea, use a plasma pistol. The first wraith you come across is not that useful since you won't be able to get it onto the mammoth to cross the tributary. But you might be able to if you destroy the wraith's pointy sides. So if you have to, get the wraith in the next area with the 3 shields you have to destroy. Get a plasma pistol and any precision weapon. Take out the gunner. Plasma pistol the wraith, doing it multiple times if you have to and then jump on it and get on the plasma turret. This forces the driver to get out allowing you to kill him with the turret. You can kill 3 or 4 wraiths in the next section but then you come across another tributary. So you have to leave that wraith behind and continue. In the next area, make sure you grab a plasma pistol before you enter the forerunner area and carry it with you until you get back outside. Outside there will be many wraiths. Just got this a few hours ago, so everything is fresh in my head lol.

This is my first run of the campaign and I decided to do it on Legendary, and have been stuck on this part for a few days now haha. I was lucky enough to get in the gunner once, but instead of using the gun to kill the elite who hopped out I hopped out and tried to take him on myself, which was just nerves and excitement kicking in from actually hopping in that fucking gun! I may try saving a grunt or something, after knocking out the 4 ghosts (I've heard the number of ghosts that are dropped by the Phantom at this stage is unlimited, but from my checkpoint only two more are dropped after destroying the two original grounded ones) and using the plasma pistol against it.

I've heard twice now that the first wraith isn't usually the best one, because you have to try squeeze it through a tight area, but just to save any unforeseen hassle down the line, I'll keep trying to get this one. Due to it being my first time solo legendarying this game, I don't wanna get a wraith after all this time just to fuck it all up haha.

• 1 month later...

Not true. I've gotten the first wraith onto the mammoth many times to get it across the first river. It just takes patience and a little driving finesse to fit it in the mammoth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got the achievement playing solo where on the Forerunner mission where you have to carry a UNSC weapon the whole way through the mission til the end without dropping it. It was on Heroic so that was even tougher since I was doing it solo, but dang when you run out of ammo on that 2nd gun and can only use your first, that's brutal. I made it through, but that's a pretty long level to top it off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the Terminus Achievement. I've completed the campaign but missed some terminals. I'm aware that i can start each mission on rally point bravo (or whichever is closest to the terminal) But after finding and activating a terminal, can i just save & quit and select the next level. Or do i have to complete each mission again?

• 1 year later...