Playlists to get the DLC achievements?

Pale Oak

I purchased the Limited Edition of the game last year and recently came back to it last week. How do I access the DLC maps to get the achievements? It seems like I, only every get the same 6 or so maps.

The limited edition came with the Season pass, no?

I'm afraid that the odds of finding a DLC map without boosting are incredibly slim, since you would have to be randomly matched with only other people who have the DLC. With boosting, it becomes much easier, but still not necessarily easy. This is what worked for me:

Crimson Map Pack - Your only real hope is to get at least 4 people who each have 4 controllers and go for Big Team Battle.

Castle Map Pack - Probably the hardest to find. For a number of the achievements, you can boost with an 8 player party in Team Action Sack. But the only playlist that has Castle maps AND vehicles and loadouts is Capture the Flag. So get in two teams of 5 and do your best to coordinate matchmaking searches in that playlist. Hopefully you'll find each other.

Majestic Map Pack - Relatively easy to boost, just search in Ricochet. You can keep your loadouts in that playlist, and Monolith in particular has a wealth of random weapon spawns. You can also get all the Ricochet related achievements on any map in that list, with or without DLC.

Champions Bundle/Bullseye Map Pack - The only map-specific achievements in the bundle are from the Bullseye Map Pack, so save a dollar and get that if you don't care about armor. The two map-specific achievements can both be obtained in the vanilla Slayer playlist. Every other achievement listed under the "Champions Bundle" section of the achievement guide needn't be done on any specific map, but the Ricochet or Big Team Battle playlists lend themselves to them.

I hope this helps, because frankly I was growing a bit frustrated at the seeming impossibility of earning the DLC achievements now that there's no playlist. But they can be boosted, with some luck and persistence. As long as they don't glitch on you....

Also, everyone who you team up with must have the DLC if you are going for map specific achievements. If 1 person out of 8 does not have that DLC installed, then those maps won't come up in the rotation, unlike CoD, where they do and if you don't have that DLC, you get kicked from the lobby.

Go to TA and find boosting sessions for these; it's really the only way to get them now since there are no DLC specific playlists like there were when Bungie was running the show.

Incidentally, there's still two Anniversary DLC playlists for Halo: Reach...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

can someone PLEASE help me with some of these ridiculous dlc achievements?? I'm online all the time and seem to be having the same problem as everyone else getting dlc maps the show up. If anyone wants to get a few of these achievements for any of the map packs please add me, XBL: Dirty Earthling

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...