Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

TransonicPower

Yes, it's amazing.

I didn't find out about this. I saw it on the Waypoint forums.

So what you basically have to do is to complete all the missions on a lower difficulty. Then comes the interesting part. You know the Rally Points? That's where things get interesting. Just go to select your mission, and choose the last RP available (and difficulty of course on legendary). Then go through the end of the mission. You can skip llike half of the level.

And yes, it gives the achievement according to the ppl on the Waypoint forums, and for me, it gives the commendation done pop up after every mission done. I need to do the last two levels, and after that I can confirm that it works.

Please, don't come here bragging about how this game is too easy for you, and how I don't deserve the achievement. I am not a god at halo campaiigns, I don't have the patience to sit behind a rock after getting shot once with Storm Rifle and have my shields gone in under a second.

This is just a tip for us who want the achievement done a lil easier. (Sorry if this is old news...)

EDIT: I can confirm that this works!

Edited by TransonicPower

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst165659_Easy-Legendary-Solo-completion.aspx

Here's the topic where I found out about this. Apparently 343 tried to fix it, but messed it up even more to make this possible. If you want to do it, do it fast. I'm guessing this will be patched soon. I'll go to bed now, and when I wake up I'll do the last 2 or 3 missions I have left and let you know if I got the achievement. I'm pretty sure I'll get it achievement.

It works. Did the last 3 levels like this and my chievo popped.

It DOES also update your service record, saying you completed the extra levels and completed the game on legendary, and I got the Mark VI armour for War Games, too.

The only downside is that it won't give you the challenge for completing whatever level on solo legendary.

Edited by Kamakazi Pear

Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.

This. This. This.

Like I said in the op, posts like these I don't want in this topic. Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.

Question: if you do this trick/glitch will there be a legendary symbol for the levels in solo campaign under the service record? Or will you just simply get the achievement?

I originally had the 8 missions completed on heroic co-op. while I was playing MM and checked my service record, it had 14 missions completed (I hadnt done the last two missions). So I think it will show that you have completed it on legendary. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I wake up.

Edit: I misunderstood your question. Yes, there is the legendary symbol when selecting the mission. All my missions have been completed solo legendary and heroic co-op. About the service record, I need to check that later.

Edited by TransonicPower

Like I said in the op, posts like these I don't want in this topic. Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.

I originally had the 8 missions completed on heroic co-op. while I was playing MM and checked my service record, it had 14 missions completed (I hadnt done the last two missions). So I think it will show that you have completed it on legendary. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I wake up.

Edit: I misunderstood your question. Yes, there is the legendary symbol when selecting the mission. All my missions have been completed solo legendary and heroic co-op. About the service record, I need to check that later.

Thank you that's what I was referring to. Didn't know how to explain what I was trying to say clearly.

Some ppl just don't have the skill, patience or time to go through the game like its meant to be.

Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90:gsicon: then I feel bad for you.