Ashes to Ashes info

AU War Eagle 07

I don't know if this will help them patch it or not, but Ashes to Ashes is the last achievement I need to complete Halo 4. I've tried multiple times with multiple weapons on different days and haven't had any luck unlocking it. Anyways, I was boosting to get the 2 Bullseye Achievements and the people I was boosting with offered to help me try to get it one more time. On one of my controllers I was signed into another Gold account that I have that is on a 3 month subscription. I tried on my main account and of course it didn't unlock. After it didn't unlock on my main one I figured I'd give it a shot on my other gold account just to see if it'd unlock on that one since there was still time left in the game. Turns out it did as soon as I got my 5th disintegration kill on my other account. So it unlocks on one account on the same Xbox, in the same game, with the same weapon, but not on my main account. I don't know if that info will help them fix it or anything, but I found it odd that it unlocks for one account in the exact same game that it won't unlock for my main one

Strange. I got it with no issues in a boosting session for the Castle DLC. In fact, that was the first achievement for Castle that I unlocked. This was a week and a half ago.

I got the GotY edition in early December. I installed the War Games pass and downloaded all four DLC's and downloaded the most current update. Right after Christmas, I had a session for the Bullseye/Champions DLC. I unlocked every achievement. A week later I had a session for Castle. I unlocked all but three (Hello Nurse, What is Yours is Also Mine and Dodge This) since the current playlists prevented us from unlocking them. This past weekend I unlocked all the Majestic achievements with no issues and tomorrow morning I have a session for Crimson. Since the Pigs Can Fly achievement is also potentially glitched, I'll be holding my breath when I go for it.

When I was playing Bullseye/Champions, I know for certain that I didn't disintegrate anyone since I hate using Forerunner weapons, so when it came time to do Castle, it unlocked normally with no issue. There is a theory going around that if you have the latest update and if you have disintegrated people in the other DLC's before playing Castle, it still tallies up the kills but since you aren't on a Castle map, the achievement doesn't unlock. Then, when you finally do play a Castle map, since the game thinks you've already met the achievement requirements, it thinks you've already unlocked that achievement and it's permanently glitched. That's the theory at least. That's probably why it unlocked for you on your backup account; you hadn't gotten any disintegrations on any other DLC map before.

I can't believe that 343 hasn't figured this out yet in their "investigation". 343 has got to have everyone's stats on how many kills they've made on which map with which weapon for each player, and who has what DLC. If they are truly concerned about this they just need to filter it so it shows them how many players have the Castle DLC and have made kills with the Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon or the Scattershot and see if they have the achievement. If they don't, just give it to them. That would be the most logical and consumer-friendly solution they could do. I hate developers who are lazy either with achievements or fixing them. This wouldn’t have happened if Bungie was still developing Halo games.

Sorry it’s glitched for you.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy