Achievement Guide and Road Map

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate - I understand a bit more clearly now. I'll amend it accordingly.

It has nothing to do with me having an issue with being corrected. I am a journalist by trade, I am used to my work being edited and critiqued.

With that in mind though, multiplayer can be defined as "a computer game designed for or involving several players", and I believe that AI are players, so it's still a multiplayer achievement.

As Black Barney was nice enough to point out, this has more to do with the community's contextual understanding of the word "multiplayer" (usually that means Xbox LIVE), and little to do with my usage. :)

Either way, I edited the post and I hope it clears up any future confusion. Thanks for the help, too.

This is incredibly wrong, multiplayer is only used when it's another human vs another human, if not then by your logic Gears of war, FIFA, Battleefield, COD, Forza etc etc when played against the A.I would be classed as multiplayer also, even GTA.

Counter-Strike allows for bots to be played against, this is single player as a single player is playing, if another player joins it then becomes multiplayer as multiple people are playing, keyword PEOPLE.

You seem the type that will reply and try to correct me even though it's not worth your time as I'm a games designer by trade, therefore, write this kind of thing in documents day in day out...

You seem the type that will reply and try to correct me even though it's not worth your time as I'm a games designer by trade, therefore, write this kind of thing in documents day in day out...

No, I provided my logical point and understanding, and then left it at that, as any civil adult would do.

I'm not going to argue semantics, no offense. I appreciate your contribution to the guide. :)

I personally got the following achievements in one match and vs the very 1st encounter deck

Beast Within

Master of the Wild Hunt

Savor the Moment

Flawless

Mythic-Total Luck because I unlocked the Mythic Rare my 1st card in Garruks green deck

Time of Heroes

But the Basic Strategy is the Computer will just keep throwing birds infront of your big green monsters til there out of cards and I just kept building my army up til I decked him even at one point I think the AI gave up I had 30-40 critters on the board due to tokens and other misc creatures. But it can be done in the 1st Encounter deck if you want to get the achievements quickly!:Bounce:

Put together this video for "say your praetors." If you watch it on YouTube, I have all the individual praetor's linked to times in the video so you can navigate it easily. Hope it helps anyone who is stuck.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40Bh11LdSU]Magic DotP 2013 - Say Your Praetors Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

For anyone having trouble getting the Savor The Moment achievement (which I found to be tricky at first) there is a method you can use that I mentioned in an older thread that involves the Chancellor of the Spires. Obviously you should be using the Dream Puppets deck for this achievement, and if you have most of the cards unlocked for this deck then you can probably do this achievement without even trying (or accomplished it long ago). For me, the biggest problem with milling my opponent was fending off their creatures and staying alive long enough to run them out of cards and then win when they have to draw from an empty library...

If you are having the same problem with getting overrun too quickly, use the Dream Puppets deck and play against Talrand (the first campaign opponent). Try to get the Chancellor of the Spires in your opening hand. When you have it in your opening hand, your opponent loses the top 7 cards of his library before his first turn even starts. Next, wait for Talrand to use his Rite of Replication on you. When his Rite of Replication is in his graveyard and you have enough mana to cast the Chancellor, bring it out. When it enters the battlefield you get to play an instant or sorcery from any graveyard without paying its casting cost, so choose the Rite of Replication and make another copy of your Chancellor. When that copy comes out you get to go through that process again, so choose the Rite of Replication again and replicate your Chancellor again. You can do this over and over as many times as you wish (and it is a legitimate loophole according to the MTG community), but when I stumbled across it the game only let me have 35 of the copies on the board in the end, which is still more than enough to defend yourself long enough to mill Talrand without even casting any milling cards!

This tactic allowed me to easily get the achievement, but coincidently I milled my next 5 opponents (including Bolas) without even trying to. Obviously this loophole was not intended, and when I mentioned it on the Xbox forums, the MTG Community Director immediately took it down. I know its a dirty tactic, but its completely legit as far as the card rules go...

For anyone having trouble getting the Savor The Moment achievement (which I found to be tricky at first) there is a method you can use that I mentioned in an older thread that involves the Chancellor of the Spires. Obviously you should be using the Dream Puppets deck for this achievement, and if you have most of the cards unlocked for this deck then you can probably do this achievement without even trying (or accomplished it long ago). For me, the biggest problem with milling my opponent was fending off their creatures and staying alive long enough to run them out of cards and then win when they have to draw from an empty library...

If you are having the same problem with getting overrun too quickly, use the Dream Puppets deck and play against Talrand (the first campaign opponent). Try to get the Chancellor of the Spires in your opening hand. When you have it in your opening hand, your opponent loses the top 7 cards of his library before his first turn even starts. Next, wait for Talrand to use his Rite of Replication on you. When his Rite of Replication is in his graveyard and you have enough mana to cast the Chancellor, bring it out. When it enters the battlefield you get to play an instant or sorcery from any graveyard without paying its casting cost, so choose the Rite of Replication and make another copy of your Chancellor. When that copy comes out you get to go through that process again, so choose the Rite of Replication again and replicate your Chancellor again. You can do this over and over as many times as you wish (and it is a legitimate loophole according to the MTG community), but when I stumbled across it the game only let me have 35 of the copies on the board in the end, which is still more than enough to defend yourself long enough to mill Talrand without even casting any milling cards!

This tactic allowed me to easily get the achievement, but coincidently I milled my next 5 opponents (including Bolas) without even trying to. Obviously this loophole was not intended, and when I mentioned it on the Xbox forums, the MTG Community Director immediately took it down. I know its a dirty tactic, but its completely legit as far as the card rules go...

While this is a great tactic to almost guarantee the achievement, I also wanted to add that Bolas in both campaigns uses a lot of milling spells and while using the Dream Puppets deck you can easily run him dry. So not only will you get the Savor the Moment achievement, you will beat one of the game's tougher opponents.

• 2 weeks later...
is there a guide with how to do all the chalenges written out in text?

Wow, you posted a request and couldn't even be bothered to use the search function or even look through this forum? Hell, the entire forum for this game is only 4 pages long. That's three mouse clicks and you'd have viewed the entire set of posts.

So because you're such a lazy fuck I'm going to tell you that yes, there is a text guide for the challenges. But try excercising those chubby fingers of yours and find it yourself you fat, lazy fuck.

Wow, you posted a request and couldn't even be bothered to use the search function or even look through this forum? Hell, the entire forum for this game is only 4 pages long. That's three mouse clicks and you'd have viewed the entire set of posts.

So because you're such a lazy fuck I'm going to tell you that yes, there is a text guide for the challenges. But try excercising those chubby fingers of yours and find it yourself you fat, lazy fuck.

Are you talking about http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=375651

That guide only has the first 4 challenges written. Kaotic never returned to finish.

Please tone down the language to be less confrontational.

Less confrontational really isn't my style. That said, I was 110% sure there was a text guide with all the solutions in it.

As I can't find it (and going to bed is a higher priority for me right now) I'll put these two links here instead:

Text encounters guide:

http://www.xblafans.com/magic-the-gathering-duels-of-the-planeswalker-2013-encounters-guide-50330.html

Text challenges guide:

http://www.xblafans.com/magic-the-gathering-duels-of-the-planeswalkers-2013-challenges-guide-50579.html

• 3 weeks later...
Another really easy way to get the cheevie for casting a mythiic rare card is to open up the third challenge "Drake Expectations". In it, just select "Time Warp" and cast it... viola!

I remember you from the first Duels game. I wrote the guide for that, too. [redacted], right? :p

Edited by II KaotiK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Same guy (I remember playing a bunch of duels with you) but I've moved a bit since then. Regardless, do me a fav and edit the location out. I prefer not having personal info online.

Hell, I think you're the one who gave me the viral achievement...

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, and to edit the location. Moved to America.

I did indeed give you the viral achievement. :)

• 1 month later...

thanks. Just defeated him on 2nd try with the default goblin deck (0 cards unlocked). Next time to get the revenge achievement and the planchase one. any advise for those 2 anyone.

Fogot to mention. Also unlocked a gamerpic.

Edited by Ari Haswari

• 3 weeks later...

Really late to the party, but its a bit daft how long it took to change the guide, and how much he debated it. Or did a mod do it?

Multiplayer is defined as requiring Xbox gold/being online. As the achievements in question can be earnt offline via silver, they are not multiplayer achievements.

To the guy on the front page, no, MtG players do not refer to it.as discarding. You may discard cards, but the technique of whittling down a deck is called milling.

And, love the ita more luck than skill comment. Just lol. I'll play the guide writer, and even when im unlucky I'll be quietly confident I win. Sure you need luck, but its definately a skill based game. like poker.

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!