I hate Perfect Hunter...

Okay so I just got done spending 30 minutes beating the entire level on my alt controller and I didn't alert any guards or anything on the first level, yet I didn't get the achievement... Is this achievement glitched or something?

Edit: I had to solo it on the first hunter map.

Edited by frazzleberry

Hi,I was having a bit of trouble with this too. I was doing it split screen using an alternate acount to do all kills. I did it twice undetected on realistic and no cheevo. Then I cleared my cache and did it a third time without connecting to live and POP Acheivement unlocked. My guess is its the new update screwing with the achievement for some people.

If you are doing split screen or co-op, both players can never die. The one getting the achievement can not be detected one time, but what I have found out when you advance to the next level have the player going for the achievement wait by the ammo box and reuse the EMP Remote over & over to help out your friend that is getting you the achievement. That is what I did with a buddy and it worked like a charm. I found the first map on Hunter is the one to do it on.

I've heard of it not unlocking for people who are recently trying for it. Has there been a patch in the past couple weeks? I've been playing other stuff. I downloaded the 3rd Echelon last week but wasn't paying attention if I had to download an update. According to another thread, there was one on May 13th? Can anyone confirm?

• 3 months later...

Yes, something is definitely wonky with this achievement. I just ran through St. Petersburg four times with split screen. My main char was never detected yet this achievement did not unlock. Trying to find someone on XBL who can help me with it with whom I can reciprocate.

Yeah thats what i did. I already typed this on the comment list for the Achievement itself so i'll just repost it here.

Hey! Everyone, I just unlocked it. Ok, here's the deal. Though the achievement (and the challenge) say "detected" (and "spotted", respectively) it doesn't mean it. I was "detected" twice (the red circle) and still got the achievement. The trick is, you have to kill them before they brin in reinforcement. As long as you only kill 50 of the possible 100 enemies for each Hunter session then you'll unlock the achievement. As it has been stated previously, You can not retry mid session and must completely load the menu and reload the session/map to try for the achievement again. It really doesn't matter what you use. For the two times I got spotted (just kinda messing around with my aim) I used a maxed out M468, and the Five-Seven maxed out for every other of the 48 kills. If you want you can u

(ok so it didn't post everything that it was supposed to)

If you want you can use executions, though i only used 1 which I did purely out of being lazy. Also a side note, they CAN find bodies and still get the achievement, just as long as they don't call in reinforcements your good (it happened to me when I used my execution (go figure)). Other then that, it should be pretty straight forward, if you don't know already, don't use any explosives or break any "environmental kill" objects such as, but not limited to, red barrels and chandeliers (don't know about fire extinguishers so steer clear of them just in case). Ok guys, I wish you the best of luck and I hope to see you all soon.

• 2 months later...

Definitely possible to do this legit. I did this on the Portland, ME mission and I wasn't even going for it at the time. It was on realistic too, so I guess I was just really lucky.

There was one moment one the last level when a guy "saw" me and the red marker popped up, but I immediately pulled him out of a window for takedown kill. So I guess it's possible to get the cheevo after being seen, you just can't have them alert the guards.

In my case, I've already downloaded all the latest patches.

I beat 3 maps of Hunter Realistic splitscreened while having my main account hide in the corner by the Weapon Stash and didn't get it. So I cleared my cache and did it while not connected to xbox live(couldn't play the dlc maps though) and I had my main account hide again and let the other guy do all the work and had reinforcements called in on all 5 parts of this one map and the achievement unlocked:woop:. I even had to rescue my 2nd controller guy from a chokehold with a proximity mine and still got it.

• 2 weeks later...

After numerous co-op attempts on lumber mill, I tried it solo (having 2nd controller sit near weapon stash locations) and got in on my first attempt. I went the offensive route, by using my EMPs frequently, just go back to the weapon stash to refill and you should get this no problem.

Okay so I just got done spending 30 minutes beating the entire level on my alt controller and I didn't alert any guards or anything on the first level, yet I didn't get the achievement... Is this achievement glitched or something?

Edit: I had to solo it on the first hunter map.

god damn it it did not unlock for me. 2 achievments did not unlock for me i think i hav to delete the cache or something cause something is wrong. it started today and no achievment are unlocking for me in this game. first was demolition crew i did it today 3 ime and it did not unlock and now this freakin perfect hunter. i finished the hunter mission on realistic and i got 50 stealth kills and no one saw me wtf it did not uunlock

EDIT: just cleared the cache and purfect hunter unlocked now it time to try the demolition crew

EDIT 2: DAMN IT u cant play the DLC without the update :(

Edited by jabs1986

I did it Solo. It took me several times but i finally got it. I constantly went back to the beginning of the level to loose the people if it was crowded I kept my distance. Tried killing the enemies on by one. I tried it on the St. Petersburg Banya level.

First part I tried to kill them one by one slowly. Use your sonar if you think you are going to get detect it, back off.

The second level Bath house I killed most of the lights and when the guys came looking for me i went back to the beginning to loose them. Use the pipe at the beginning to take two or three guys out. Use corner take downs, they come in handy.

The third level same thing kill as many lights as you can. the very first part there are three to four guys. take them out slowly. once you go outside you have a bit more space to maneuver. Kill lights. there is a structure in the middle on that outside plaza you can get on it and snipe from there.

The Fourth part inside the club it is where i did most of my repeats. It is difficult because it's small and it has not much space to move. I kept going back to the beginning to loose the guys. Again i cannot stress it enough for this part kill lights like crazy and take your time.

The final part, take your time and kill lights. There are a lot of pipes you can get on and snipe from there. Use your sonar to find the people.

This is how I was able to get through. I am writing this straight of memory so if you think i miss something just post it. I will not get mad. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Few tips, I got it last night:

1) Just play it on single player, unless you have a VERY reliable co-op partner. All of the glitchy ways to get it don't work anymore.

2) Explosives WILL result in detections. DO NOT use frag grenades, proximity grenades, sticky cameras (exploding them, the funny sound is OK) OR remote mines.

3) Use only silenced weapons.

4) Free-aiming with your laser sight and getting a headshot will NOT result in a detection.

5) Try to hand-to-hand as many guys as possible IN THE SHADOWS. If their buddies find them, they will turn on their flashlights and make your life MUCH harder.

6) It is OK, when trying for a hand-to-hand, if your target sees you for a split-second. The 'danger' will turn to 'detected' for a second but if you kill the guy before they call in extra guys, you're OK.

I got this on the Portland, ME add-on map which is played in a jail. Most of the windows can be jumped out of, and there are lots of high places to hide such as pipes and ledges. Just play SUPER conservatively and save your executions.

Executions should ONLY be used when they are your last resort. Leaving dead bodies lying around will only result in flashlights. Use the execute when you're cornered and need to get the hell out of there. Or when you are 100% sure the 3-4 guys you're shooting are far away enough from their friends.

GOOD LUCK, guys! You'll get it if you try the above suggestions!