Who to choose: Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Rojo

Stormcloaks or Imperials.  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Stormcloaks or Imperials.

• Stormcloaks
    • Imperials

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scotty
I'm confused.

But I sided w th Stormcloaks because they are the native race to Skyrim.

I always side with the Stormcloaks, because i always play as a Nord, so it would be a bit betrayal-ish if i didn't:p

I always saw the Imperials as the Roman Empire and the Stormcloaks as the Germanic tribes people who are trying to defend themselves from civilisation. I always found the Germanics(and Gauls and Britons) to be very interesting and like siding with the underdog, so i always chose Stormcloaks.

• 4 weeks later...

I play as a Nord, but side with the Imperials because I don't like the racist tendencies of the Stormcloaks. Ulfric also came across as an arrogant prick, which I wouldn't find appealing in a leader of any sort of situation. I figure as a Nord I think of Skyrim as my home, and I would want to welcome anyone who would also want to make it their home.

Imperials every time. Stormcloaks are racist, selfish, holier than thou arseholes. Glad to run each of them in to the ground. And if the individuals are not all those things, Ulfric is definitely all those things. Just talking to him, and listening to his prejudiced mumbo jumbo, makes me want to cleave his skull through. He is the very worst of people.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the hardest time making this decision. I know it doesn't matter who you join with in the long run, but I have finally made my decision. At first I was going to join with the Imperials, but I will join the Stormcloaks.

I hate Ulfric, and I don't agree with most of the Stormcloak attitude, but here are the reasons I made my decision:

I don't believe in religious persecution. People should be free to worship how and what they will.

The Thalmor are evil scum. I won't serve anyone who sides with them, regardless of the reasons.

Most importantly, I love Skyrim. I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about the land, the environment, the culture. I feel such an attachment to Skyrim, and I love it. I'm not sure I've ever played a game where I felt so attached to what I stated above. I really wish I could go there.

I actually agree with the Empire in the long run, but as I said above, I can't stand the Thalmor. I hate them, and I hate what they represent.

I will join the Stormcloaks.

For Skyrim.

I always side with the Stormcloaks, because i always play as a Nord, so it would be a bit betrayal-ish if i didn't:p

This for my first time playing it. Didn't know much lore, started as a Nord and joined the Stormcloaks for that reason.

After that, I mix it up, usually going for Stormcloaks even though I don't really know why.

• 2 weeks later...

I played as a Nord and, after putting off deciding for as long as possible, ended up joining the Stormcloaks, even though I couldn't stand them. Problem is, I couldn't stand the Thalmor either, which is a shame as I would have sided with the Imperials otherwise. In the end, the Stormcloaks because it is their land and I tend to favour the underdogs. Strangely, in real life, I absolutely abhor any kind of nationalist or separatist tendencies. Even blind patriotism, which is all too common, annoys me no end.

• 3 months later...

I don't see how anyone would justify siding with the Imperials.

The Imperials are working with the Thalmor. The Thalmor forced the Imperials to outlaw the worship of Talos because it offended them that a human-turned-God was one of the divines.

They outlawed AN ENTIRE RELIGION.

That is a lot more important than Ulfric's mild racism.

Pity that it mirrors today's society, when people love to jump on others for being racist all the while ignoring the huge things that their government is doing.

Imperials are generally a much better choice. The loot you get from both questlines is basically the same except for a few unique armors that aren't even that good anyway, so no worries there. If you side with the Imperials, Whiterun remains basically intact, whereas if you side with the Stormcloaks the city gets a little destroyed, and Jarl Balgruff leaves which to me are both terrible things because Balgruff is one of the best Jarls in my opinions, and Whiterun one of the best cities.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...