Breaking Bad Discussion

Mr360xX

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna start season 5 soon as I've only just finished season 4 a few hours ago. 'Twas a brilliant season and definitely an all-time classic in television history. In all honesty, practically all the seasons started at a relatively slow pace. But the writers aren't being lazy here; they're purposely building up to when the real fireworks will begin.

The first few episodes of Season 4 were kind of slow, wasn't really sure where it was going and was starting to wonder. But then halfway in, like a chemical reaction, everything just exploded and shit got real fucking fast. It was just ridiculous. Rarely have I been left speechless and mesmerized by a television show in my entire life.

If Cranston doesn't receive an Emmy for this scene, I've lost all faith in humanity. In fact, the entire cast from top to bottom is excellent.

[spoiler=Breaking Bad Walt Loses it]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA]Breaking Bad - Walt loses it - (4x11 Crawl Space Ending Scene) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Takamura Bear

I've been watching it. It's been pretty slow so far, but it's only because of what happened at the end of Season 4 and they're just starting to recover and rebuild. Even though the season has barely begun, I can already witness the inevitable demise of Walter. Quite sad to see a great character become something he initially wasn't.

Gonna start season 5 soon as I've only just finished season 4 a few hours ago. 'Twas a brilliant season and definitely an all-time classic in television history. In all honesty, practically all the seasons started at a relatively slow pace. But the writers aren't being lazy here; they're purposely building up to when the real fireworks will begin.

The first few episodes of Season 4 were kind of slow, wasn't really sure where it was going and was starting to wonder. But then halfway in, like a chemical reaction, everything just exploded and shit got real fucking fast. It was just ridiculous. Rarely have I been left speechless and mesmerized by a television show in my entire life.

If Cranston doesn't receive an Emmy for this scene, I've lost all faith in humanity. In fact, the entire cast from top to bottom is excellent.

[spoiler=Breaking Bad Walt Loses it]

Breaking Bad - Walt loses it - (4x11 Crawl Space Ending Scene) - YouTube

SPOILERS

I remember watching that scene the night it aired and making the same comment about how he should get an emmy just for that. Also, I'll never forget the season finale in the retirement home with Gus, gave me goosebumps. Don't wanna say too much in case someone is just passing through...

Things really started to pick up at the end of Episode 5. I can't believe that Todd did what he did. Jesse will be furious.

But yeah, episodes 2-4 were a little slow, but they're good for plot development. Now I hate Lydia even more. She's so whiny.

Intense doesn't even describe Dead Freight. Last nights episode was masterful. It's the kind of episode you could imagine showing to someone who has never seen the show and blowing their mind. They accomplished more in forty-five minutes than most multi-million dollar summer blockbusters could ever hope to attain.

I started watching the show on netflix on a late night not long ago. I was instantly hooked! I loved the concept of the good guy turning bad. I loved the show so much I waited 6 straight hours to see the whole cast at a Comic-Con panel. (which was well worth it!) They let the audience in on little hints and such. Im really eagerer to see how they travel out of country. Did I let the cat out of the bag?

Edited by cjpro333
spoilers

Well, just caught up with episode 5. Not only was "Dead Freight" the best episode of the season so far, it will easily go down in the history books as one of the best episodes ever of Breaking Bad. Once again, and as always I am forced to mutter to myself after a few slow-paced episodes, "Shit just got fucking real." Simply amazing on all accounts.

Has there ever been a television show that continuously just gets better and better each season? And we're not just talking marginally better either; each season shits on the previous one like nothing. Head and shoulders above everything else right now, Breaking Bad has ridiculous levels of quality.

And shit like this you just couldn't make up in real life. Are you kidding me?! Unreal. 0.0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/breaking-bad-coincidence-alert-real-meth-cook-named-walter-white-wanted-by-police/2012/08/17/0289362c-e869-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_blog.html

Intense doesn't even describe Dead Freight. Last nights episode was masterful. It's the kind of episode you could imagine showing to someone who has never seen the show and blowing their mind. They accomplished more in forty-five minutes than most multi-million dollar summer blockbusters could ever hope to attain.

Good point. And nice avatar, by the way.

I'm practically wetting myself, waiting in anticipation for tonight's episode. Looking back at the start of the fifth season, it feels like it's going by too fast. I don't want it to end.

So after the first half of this season ends, do we have to literally wait one whole year until the next half gets aired? Not early 2013?

I would have thought AMC would have gone down the same route as they did with The Walking Dead, which was given a mid-season break halfway through the second season and returned early 2012.

And I think Vince Gilligan may have taken some inspiration from The Simpsons at one point. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Qv2hCprbs]Breaking Bart (Breaking Bad / Simpsons Mashup) - YouTube[/ame]

So after the first half of this season ends, do we have to literally wait one whole year until the next half gets aired? Not early 2013?

I would have thought AMC would have gone down the same route as they did with The Walking Dead, which was given a mid-season break halfway through the second season and returned early 2012.

And I think Vince Gilligan may have taken some inspiration from The Simpsons at one point. :D

Breaking Bart (Breaking Bad / Simpsons Mashup) - YouTube

Yeah we have to wait until July 2013 to see the rest of S5.Its very sucky and I will be going through BB withdrawl .

Season 5 started out slow but definitely picked up steam! For the first time Walt is really becoming a despicable person, I have no sympathy for him anymore.

The last episode definitely changed how I felt about Walt..I went from thinking he's even greedier than I thought previously to actually understanding how he feels..His wife wants nothing to do with him, he can't see his kids because of it, and the business is all he has left. He can either let the business go, and fail at being successful in a business for a second time in his life, or give everything up (again) to put his family back together (maybe).

I think he definitely made his bed. He could've lived off the buyout and still has his car wash to keep income flowing in. Not a rich life, no, but he did would be able to spend time with his family, the reason he started all his stuff to begin with. Not sure if you have kids or not, but I would choose my wife and kids 100 out of 100 times over being successful in life.