Hulu Plus Reportedly Coming to Xbox 360 'this Friday'

QuiCkz AleX

you can get a free trial of the Plus service if you go to Hulu.com. You don't have to have an email with .edu.

That being said, I started my trail of the Hulu Plus service. And I am really annoyed that for $8 every month there are still commercials that CANNOT be skipped. like two or three 30-45 second adds in a 30 minute show. Seems like a lot of crap I can't get past for a paid subscription.

I signed up in March thru a referral link and got 2 weeks FREE which in actuality was billed right away @ $4.xx. See how my 2 weeks "FREE" was worked into that amount? I'm a happy customer as of now. :)

Next week will be my 2nd full month payment. I like that I'm NOT tied into a contract but can just suspend/cancel my service as needed. Similar to what I did with Netflix a couple of years back.

I really don't mind the ads at all. They still work out to "limited" interruptions and not like watching the regular commercial broadcasts -- and I get an entire season not just the last 5 episodes.

ok ok yes some one explain THIS to me. I wanted to watch all those Naruto Shippuden episodes in english and I cant because it says web only?! WTF? They why the hell would you even put it up on the xbox 360 site damnit!

I noticed that too but it is listed under Popular Shows so that is why it shows up on the 360. There are licensing issues and restrictions that don't allow them to make that available on TV -- thru your linked device (Xbox).

Your paid sub. still allows you to watch those eps. on PC. Isn't that worth it? :confused:

In addition to my paid sub. that was already ongoing, I was able to link a Silver account to a new Hulu+ account and it required NO credit card to sign up for the 1 week trial.

Edited by gamerguy69

Hulu - Lots of TV shows. Many of them only available on your PC. A few movies, but most are just crap. $8, 1-2 minutes of commercial per 30 minutes.

Netflix - Lots of TV shows, though not the NEWEST (must wait until about a month after they're released on DVD). Everything available on the PC is also available on your 360. Tons of movies. Lots of really good ones. Also $8, but no commercials.

Which one do I choose? Seems pretty friggin obvious to me. Really disappointed, hulu. Really disappointed. If netflix can go commercial free, so can you.

Though I will say one thing. Their buffering works WAY better than netflix's. With netflix, I usually buffer once or twice a show, with hulu I never did once. Still, given the vast difference in selection, still going to stay with netflix.

Hulu - Lots of TV shows. Many of them only available on your PC. A few movies, but most are just crap. $8, 1-2 minutes of commercial per 30 minutes.

Here's the deal with Hulu+, the shows I like to watch are not even available on Netflix but other "comparable" services such as Amazon Instant Video and iTunes for single episode purchase/rental.

For example, to watch Parenthood (NBC), I can either get Hulu+ @ $7.99/mo. or pay for individual episodes -- 22 in the current full season. Price for each is about $2 - $3 on iTunes, Amazon ....even Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace charges about 160 MS pts. -- even more for the HD versions.

Here's the deal with Hulu+, the shows I like to watch are not even available on Netflix but other "comparable" services such as Amazon Instant Video and iTunes for single episode purchase/rental.

For example, to watch Parenthood (NBC), I can either get Hulu+ @ $7.99/mo. or pay for individual episodes -- 22 in the current full season. Price for each is about $2 - $3 on iTunes, Amazon ....even Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace charges about 160 MS pts. -- even more for the HD versions.

Lots of sites on the internet have the TV shows that netflix doesn't. For free. Without commercials.

I'm already a Netflix subscriber and will soon be a Hulu subscriber. I don't care if there are other sites where I can get shows for free before they get on Netflix. I will glady pay another $8 a month for HD access to shows a day after they air with far fewer commercials interruptions. Combined with my Netflix subscription that's still under $20/month. Even with promotional discounts you can't get satelite or cable for that little.

With Xbox also having ESPN3 streaming, and my $30 HD antenna for free access to my local channels I will probably never buy cable or satelite again.

It may just be my extremely slow internet connection, but Hulu plus seems to continually stop buffer, play a few seconds, then buffer some more.

Why can't it stream the way netflix does? (Load a large portion to start, the load as you watch).

It's your internet connection. I've been playing Hulu a lot this past weekend and I never ran into this problem. In fact, for me, the connect was stronger than the one I get with Netflix.

It's your internet connection. I've been playing Hulu a lot this past weekend and I never ran into this problem. In fact, for me, the connect was stronger than the one I get with Netflix.

This. Better than netflix for me.

Same here. I was really impressed by the quality of the video.