Closest 100% that you never finished.

WhIpLaSh 014

If the title of this thread confuses you, let me explain:

You are playing a game for cheevos (obviously :p ) and you've almost completed it with maybe 1-3 achievements left, but at one point, you just gave up for no reason.

For me however, I gave up on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (missing the Attack and Defend achievements and the Vision Cam achievement) because I mostly play that when I'm not achievement whoring. *GASP!* You play multiplayer for that game!? Yes I do. Plus, I'm a legit MLG pro in that game, so I have to play it for practice.

Another game I gave up on was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. I didn't want to collect those stupid simulator disks and then earn Gold in each one. I just stopped there and never came back to it.

That brings me to Mass Effect 1. I stopped because I didn't want to grind with an Engineer and a Biotic character for those stupid "Use 'X' ability 75 times." It drew the line for me.

And finally: Battlefield Bad Company 1. Nuff said.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call of Duty 4. I couldn't beat No Fighting in the War Room or Mile High Club on Veteran, so i'm only missing those 2 achievements.

By now I suck at Call of Duty, so even if I went back and tried to get them, I'd fail miserably.

LEGO Rock Band. My XBL ran out and I don't have anyone locally that can play with me so i'm missing the 'Complete a song with 4 band members', and '100% a song with 4 band members' achievements. I'm also missing the 100% Final Countdown solo achievement because the timing is retarded in that solo and it pisses me off :)

Call of Duty 4. I couldn't beat No Fighting in the War Room or Mile High Club on Veteran, so i'm only missing those 2 achievements.

By now I suck at Call of Duty, so even if I went back and tried to get them, I'd fail miserably.

LEGO Rock Band. My XBL ran out and I don't have anyone locally that can play with me so i'm missing the 'Complete a song with 4 band members', and '100% a song with 4 band members' achievements. I'm also missing the 100% Final Countdown solo achievement because the timing is retarded in that solo and it pisses me off :)

Just so you know, you can get the 4 player band achievements solo ;).

Kinect Adventures for me. 980/1000. Just can't be bothered to do all the Platinums, not sure if I could if I wanted to anyway.

For me. Most of my games have been 75% or 90% complete. I only have about 4 games: Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2 100% complete. The only reason why I never get the full completion on most of my games is because due to the online only achievements. I'm just not that much of a gamer, I guess, to invite friends just for online only achievements. I'd rather get them myself. Hell, I even completed Fable 3 collect the weaponry achievement simply because you can go to any gamer's world and buy the weapons, if they are in a town.

I would have to go with Gears of War since I just need "Seriously ..." and I don't want to sit down playing for hours to get it legit but always was a pain to boost if I remember correctly also so gave up with that dream which kinda sucks since I plan to hit rank 100 in Gears 2 and then grab "Seriously 2.0" since it can be done alone.

Well, there's Bioshock, but I gave up for a reason.

I only need to complete Brass Balls for 1100/1100 (For my first 100%) but I realized that halfway through I had to have the option to turn vita chambers off to get the achievement, and you can't just leave it on but not use them. So I said fuck it and gave up. I might go back though. Can't pass up 100:gsicon: for a relatively easy achievement. (Time consuming and frustrating, but not very difficult)

(Brass Balls = Beat Hard Mode without using Vita Chambers, which means you can't die once. I just abused the save feature and reset whenever I died or was close to, which is how I got where I was, but I didn't use the option to disable Vita Chambers since I didn't know you had to have the free DLC and that it was necessary to complete it)

Edited by Ice Car

CoD 4: Mile High Club. I have tried plenty of times and still couldn't get it. So I have given up (for now)

Lego Star Wars TCS: Need the 100% but sold it when I was at 98.6% or something that. I just don't want to buy it again and go through it all.

CoD Classic: All I have left is beating it on Veteran. I am just really lazy. Not to mention the frustration I would get.

Modern Warfare 2: Just need to 3* all the Spec Op missions. But my friend that I was doing it with doesn't play it anymore.

Call of Duty 4: I literally spent an entire day trying to get Mile High Club. Around 10:00 at night, I just said screw it, gave up, and listed it on eBay.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: It was my friend's game, and he let me borrow it. Then he came over to help me with the Spec Ops missions. We got to the point where I only needed to do 2 more missions, but I had to get ready for work. When I got off work, he traded the game in at Gamestop, saying "We already beat it, and I wanted a new game."

Enslaved: 950/1000, The last achievement was for collecting all the orbs and I just decided it wasn't worth it; it wouldn't even be a 100% completion since there was DLC.

Alan Wake: 800/1000, just needed to finish Nightmare & get some manuscript pages and I would've gotten 1000, but my Gamefly subscription ran out and I couldn't afford another month. It's on my Blockbuster queue now, though, so I do plan on finishing it.

Dead Space: 850/1000, I rented it, and all I needed to do was beat the game on Impossible for the full 1000, but it was a long game and I didn't want to. It's also on my Blockbuster queue.

Rock Band Track Pack 2: 225/250, I suck at vocals >.>

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution: 955/1000, one of the first games I played on the 360, and the achievement was "Here's Looking at You, Kid." The achievement takes a lot of patience, which I didn't have at the time for an achievement.

Metro 2033: The three achievements I didn't get are glitchy.

Family Game Night: 1380/1400 (not counting DLC) because I don't have Xbox Live.

Tropico 3: 980/1000 because I don't have Xbox Live...

Edited by Neverender