Achievement Guide and Roadmap (WP)

Lucid84

It's pretty tough, in terms of difficulty. The hardest parts of the game are dealing with the mutants, as most of the time, there is no escaping them. I was playing the finale part of Bandits (where you wait for the boatman to rescue you) and that part was rather tough. Nosalises will kill you in 3 hits.

As long as you remember all the controls, playing Hardcore isn't all that bad.

Holy shit, 3 hits? There is like so much of ´em!

Edit: so I am at chapter 26/31 right now, I died only about 5 times, but never at boss fights, at the boat part, I just ran around (not killing a single nosalis) and waited for the boat to come, didn´t die a single time in there! Few times I reloaded checkpoint because I failed at stealthily killing people, and I really didn´t want to waste ammo in fights with humans.

Overall, the ammo isn´t a problem, at all. I have military grade bullets all the time and when I can, I buy bullets, also HUD aka don´t knowing if you have grenade, throwing knife isn´t a problem at all, I remember all the stuff from first playthrough on Easy mode lol!

Still 5 chapters to go (only 2 hard fights = Bear and at Red Square).

Summary? This game is extreme cake on RHC, even easier then CoD MW2 on veteran, and trust me, MW2 and newer CoD game on veteran are extremely easy lol! :D

Tip: the DLC, I think Ranger Mode has a bonus weapons - AK74, and it is extremely powerful (like atleast 2 times better then normal AK47 lol)! So, what weapons do I use and are the best? AK74 and auto-shotgun Shambler.

Edit 2: Done. Hardest part = Red Square (I didn´t want to waste ammo in there so I can defeat the Bear easily, even through I did defeat him with like 3 clips of shotie maximally lol!) How many deaths there? Just 2-4, lol!

Edited by GeneralGranko

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the tortoise achievement there is a quick way of getting it. on the torchlight level after you pole vault the gap you climb on a rail car, there will be spider after spider coming after you and only took me a couple minutes to get it

Hey, just a quick question, is the video guide that is attached to this guide correct for the musician achievement. Just wanna make sure it has all the instruments on it. Don't wanna get to the end and find out it was missing one.

Cheers :)

I also want to make note of a typo (pretty important one) in the guide. Under "Not a Rabbit anymore" it says the only time you CAN get hit is when the watchmen are coming out... this is the only area with enemies in the entire chapter... might want to add the "'t".

Also, I am currently testing something as it relates to the "in one play-through" achievements. I will EDIT this with my findings as soon as I have a conclusion.

Ok so here goes, with regards to redemption, traps, instruments, you DO NOT need to play through the entire game again from the start if you missed something. The game works in strings. I posted this in the other achievement guide so I will post here. If you get to the end of a chapter and realize you missed something, just replay the chapter from chapter select and continue on. Each new chapter you play stores all the previous chapters data with regards to starting from chapter select.

The reason that going "back" to an instrument you missed and getting it will not work is because the game is only storing what you have done up to the point you started that chapter, what you would have to do is simply go to the one you missed (assuming you remembered), and continue on from there. Same goes with everything, traps, weapon kills, people kills, even redemption. If you know where you screwed up, you just have to start there and continue, not start from scratch.

Most people have a pretty good idea now what you need to do for redemption, so all you need to do is look at the list, see which achievement you don't have, start from there and finish the game making all the right choices again, meaning you could probably cut the number of play-throughs needed down to 1 (with chapter select for some clean up), if there is a single choice near the tail end that ruins your good ending, (thinking killing Pavel might). Adding this to the roadmap might be a good idea, so people know if they miss something in a chapter, they aren't totally screwed, they just have to replay that chapter before moving forward any farther, cause the longer you wait to replay a missed thing, the more you will have to repeat.

Also a little tip for your guide... you may want to put the achievements in some kind of order. At the very least, story related in the order you unlock them. I am not sure if you have it organized the way it appears in the game list, but it would be easier to read with a tad more organization.

Edited by Midnight Malice