SMart leveling up Athletics/Sneak early in the game?

echX

By strapping a rubber band and finding a suiteable location, you can by no means get both athletics and sneak up to high levels fast.

My character has neither sneak or athletics as a Major skill, so I'm not worried about disrupting regualr leveling...

Is this a good or bad idea? It can't be that bad being able to run fast and sneak?

I'd say doing athletics is pointless and will take far to long.

Sneak actually doesn't take that long, I just go to Bravil, near the back theres a statue with a guard and a wall and I just put the rubber band on and run into the wall. It would be a good idea to have a high sneak.

I got mine from 40 to 95 in a few hours.

Athletics is pretty pointless, unless you need to run away from someone attacking you.

You can also train Sneak quick by finding the Skooma Den in Bravil and keep pickpocketing the people inside without actually taking something. It'll still get you the xp and you can go on for ages since they don't care being pickpocketed

Sneak is certainly a very useful skill for any build, and with as much running about as I always do in this game, a high athletics is nice, just for the increased movement rate. It also helps if you prefer heavy armor, which slows you down considerably. However, I tend to set athletics and sneak as major skills to slow character leveling and maximize base attribute multipliers, so it would not be a good option for me, but it that's not the case for you, I would say go for it. Peace.