Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the 'Get X Kills while in FREE-AIM' achievements you have infinite ammo. Switch to the Micro 9mm SMG, since it's rapid fire and it seems body shots can kill when you use it too. Just Restart Checkpoint if you botch them.

You'll have to use the pistol for the Nightclub scene as it's right at the beginning of the level and you don't have a chance to pick up an SMG yet.

With Chapter 5's 'Get 7 Kills when jumping off the Rickety Boat' there's an explosive canister on the bottom of the stairs, to the top right of your screen. Shoot that before you draw anyone's attention. should take out 3 people and leave 4 grouped nicely together right in front of you.

With Chapter 7's 'So Much For Being Subtle' there's a bit of trouble with the top 3 guys.

Don't kill the guy on your extreme right first, because that will instantly end the scene, leave him for last.

Get the guy in the middle first before he goes into cover, then the dude at the end of the warehouse coming up the stairs, then finally the chap on the extreme right.

Can I unlock medium and hard achievements when I finish old school in free aim?

It is because I changed the lock in hard in my first time. So, I had not unlocked the achievement when I finished hard mode. But also old school and hardcore were opened.

NYM has no difficulty setting to switch. It has a fixed difficulty, MEDIUM. You can play it with SOFT LOCK targeting though. In other words, just beat each chapter of NYM to unlock NYMHC.
Oh okay. Cool! So do I have to do it in all one playthrough like Hardcore?

You Play, You Pay, You Bastard - 20:gsicon:

100 Kills With Melee

"This is an accumulative achievement. To melee an enemy while close press :ybut:, you can use chapter select to go back for this one."

Pressing :ybut: might start with a melee move, but it finishes with a bullet. Therefore the actual kill is with a weapon? I see this counts towards the SCRAPPER "Grind" but it does not unlock the Achievement??? I have 104/150 Melees according to my SCRAPPER Statistic, but no Achievement...

You Play, You Pay, You Bastard - 20:gsicon:

100 Kills With Melee

"This is an accumulative achievement. To melee an enemy while close press :ybut:, you can use chapter select to go back for this one."

Pressing :ybut: might start with a melee move, but it finishes with a bullet. Therefore the actual kill is with a weapon? I see this counts towards the SCRAPPER "Grind" but it does not unlock the Achievement??? I have 104/150 Melees according to my SCRAPPER Statistic, but no Achievement...

Keep on killing and you'll get it eventually. Some people got it on 110 kills, some 120, 130.etc

• 2 weeks later...

In hindsight I'd say Rockstar should have made the Lifetime Of Payne grind in MP an achievement in itself.

That's the grind where you have to play as a hunted character in Payne Killer for a total of 60 minutes. Seems like a slog, but the mode is very fun and ultimately you'll get it long before level 50.

I say this because according to the multiplayer stats on R*SC Payne Killer is tied last with the various Turf modes from Gang Wars as the least popular multiplayer mode (3%) and that's a shame.

Hi All,

Never considered asking this but reading some comments about this achievement not unlocking got me thinking.

If I choose to restart a level will it affect anything?

I started a new game on hard mode and free aim, everytime you press pause and go to gameplay settings it tells you what difficulty and aim assist you are on.

i'm only on chapter 8 and it's taken a lot to get to this point with my poor accuracy on free aim, everytime I get to a part for the achievement I have just restarted checkpoint on hard mode, I never use chapter select for the free aim achievements.

Thanks

Hi All,

Never considered asking this but reading some comments about this achievement not unlocking got me thinking.

If I choose to restart a level will it affect anything?

I started a new game on hard mode and free aim, everytime you press pause and go to gameplay settings it tells you what difficulty and aim assist you are on.

i'm only on chapter 8 and it's taken a lot to get to this point with my poor accuracy on free aim, everytime I get to a part for the achievement I have just restarted checkpoint on hard mode, I never use chapter select for the free aim achievements.

Thanks

I don't see how that would affect anything. You should be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
For New York Minute Hardcore, is realistic damage on? Or is it just you can't die at all. I really hope it's the latter considering the achievement wouldn't be as hard as I thought.

1. It's like NORMAL difficulty.

2. You can't afford to die by any means or you have to start all over, back in Chapter I.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys i got a question: i am on my half way through the game on hard and can i use unlimited ammo/pain killer/bullet time on hard core or old school difficulty? no aim assistance of course. thanks lol

You won't get the achievement for completing them since cheats disable all stats and achievements.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...